Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

So this is 3 weeks before my wedding I go to get a permanent crown after all the issues I have had with my ternary I was pretty nervous when he did the injection it burnt from my eyes to my ears it was very painful. The next morning I wake up with a swollen face and a terrible ear ache I call and the receptionist Sarah says unfortunately there's nothing they can do for me and that I would have to go to the e.r.

So I apply an ice pack for two hour and when the pain is just so unbearable I go to my p.c.p my doctor said my gum was bruised were they had injected the needle my ear drum was swollen and as red as a cherry he says he couldn't imagine this just happing over night on any other day. So now I have to go back in a few days and make sure there's not permanent damage done to my ear drum.

Thanks aspen dental.. I personally recommend everyone to stay away from this company.

Comments

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #857673

There is a real cause for concern here, as I had a similar experience. I received two injections and a composite feeling, and began to experience strange sensations in my gums, transgressing into pain.

Currently I have facial spasms, and suspect damage may have occurred to my cranial facial nerves. I also posted a review on this company.

I never do negative reviews, but feel I must speak out and warn people. I concur--stay away from Aspen Dental in Broken Arrow--there is something amiss there.

henrius
Boise, Idaho, United States #842968

As much as I don't like corporate clinics, this was probably a freak random chance hit on a nerve trunk or artery. I really don't see how even our longest needle could lead to disturbances in the inner ear.

It might be you had a strike on your mandibular vascular bundle, which released blood and started the swelling.

The swelling may have in turn affected your ear drum.

The fact that you had the burning sensation indicates that some anesthetic got in a vein or artery. This is scary, but not dangerous.

Usually when this occurs, the swelling is immediate (in the dental office!) and we put ice packs on the patient's face to slow down the blood flow.

Unfortunately, you will probably have some bruising visible on your face for your wedding!