560 N US Highway 441, Lady Lake, FL 32159
1.9
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Turnaround Time

Went to Aspen Dental on highway 27/441 in the villages, Florida, to get new dentures. Met with the doctor and decided the best dentures for me are the conforlites.

With dental insurance etc my out of pocket was $2000. I gave them my credit card, one swipe and they were paid in full. 4 days later they called and said my dentures are ready. Went into the office to try the dentures and they were made wrong by their lab techs.

They remade the dentures, four days later went to try on the dentures. Same problem, falling out of my head. Another mold, another four days and called me back in. Again, would not fit.

The dentist adjusted them, relined them, made all kinds of adjustments to no good. He stated he could not do anything else and would refund my money. The receptionist at the desk told me that I would have to wait until Tuesday of the following week for the finance person to come in and give me a refund. OK I waited until Tuesday.

Went into the office and told the receptionist that I was there to see the finance person for a refund. Waited 45 minutes for the finance person. I went back to the desk to remind them I had been there for 45 minutes. Finally the finance manager came out and asked me to come to the desk in the back of the office.

Went back there, gave them all of my info only to be informed that I would have to wait 4 days for the regional manager to approved the refund. Then up to another 3 days for my bank to approve the transaction. I have never heard of such a thing. Anyway, my point is they will take your money on the spot.

Go back for a refund and YOU have to jump through loops and wait for the finance person to tell you no refund and you have to wait for some regional manager, that could take up to seven days to approve the refund. Now, when I gave them my money they immediately swiped the card got their money. When it comes to a refund takes at minimum seven days to get a refund with all kinds of approval. Does not make sense to me.

Be aware, NO MORE ASPEN DENTAL.

They will take your money and hold it ransom until they are ready to return it.

This is not right.

All I wanted was a return the same way I paid. I pay immediately, I want a refund immediately

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dentures.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

First of all, it is practically impossible to correctly make new dentures in four days. Second, no honest dentist asks for all the copay up front.

Maybe half when they start, half when you get the dentures. Third, your story is typical. A$pen is overindebted and unable to process refund requests on the spot. Their strategy is to stall as long as possible.

You will hear all sorts of excuses in the future. Cannot understand why people like you go to corporate con operations instead of competent independent dentists.

It usually doesn't work out too well. You realize that A$pen is operating illegally in most states, don't you?

h.kitchener

You indicate you paid via a credit card. They have apparently said they would refund the money so wait a reasonable length of time and if nothing then dispute the charge with your credit card company.

At least you did the smart thing and didn't pay with a debit card!

Once you get your refund you might want to alert your dental insurance company of the fact that they apparently paid money for unacceptable dental products for you and that any monies they paid on your behalf should also be refunded to them. If you want good dentures and good dental work, find a dentist in private practice, unaffiliated with a chain dental mill.