I sent an email to Aspen Dental and never even received the courtesy of a response. They cancelled my appointments and never even told me. Following is my message to them:

Dear Aspen Dental,

I am writing on behalf of myself Samir Hasan, my wife Devin Hasan, and my son Ilyas. We are brand new patients and recently made appointments for ourselves after having my son Ilyas' teeth checked up and cleaned.

The main intention of our contacting you was to have our regular cleanings done, as we are way overdue for them and had a bad experience with our last dentist. What were told by Aspen is that cleanings for adults are not done on the first visit, which was very odd compared to all my previous dental experiences. It made more sense to me to get everything clean and bright before diving into any other issues that need to be addressed.

This process really won't work for us. We have very tight schedules, and very limited time off from work. I work two jobs, one full-time and one part-time and my wife works a full-time job as well. We just can't be taking off early from work, going in late, and taking days off just for dental appointments. We feel that on the first visit, there should be adequate time for a cleaning, x-rays, and an exam. If further works needs to be done, then we'll come back. And every dentist I have ever been to has been able to provide this type of service ON THE FIRST VISIT.

In addition, it seems rather ridiculous that the first available cleaning appointment my wife could get (and this appointment was made a month ago) is all the way out in NOVEMBER. You sure could get her in for cavity fillings and X-rays ASAP but couldn't get her in before the 15th of November for a cleaning?

On another note, my wife is 14 weeks pregnant, and yet with no probable cause nor symptoms your practice is pushing her to have x-rays done. REALLY? When we took the form to our OB/GYN to approve her for x-rays he looked at us like we were crazy for even considering having x-rays done while she's pregnant. Kinda got us thinking about the motives behind Aspen Dental and their concern for patients' well being and safety. I could understand if she went in with major pain or some other serious symptoms to justify it, but out-of-the-blue x-rays on a pregnant woman for no apparent reason but to inflate the dental bill?

I think its pretty obvious there more money to be made for you in tooth repairs and x-rays than regular checkups and cleanings. You may not think so, but its really obvious when a dental practice is out for money and not for their clients' convenience and well being. I was born at night but I wasn't born last night.

With that being said, we would like to respectively cancel all our currently scheduled appointments with Aspen Dental and you also have our permission to remove us as customers in your database, as we will not be returning in the future. The following is all our information:

Devin R. Hasan: current appointments for November 2nd and November 15th are scheduled, please cancel.

M. Samir Hasan: current appointment for October 25th is scheduled, please cancel.

Our address: 108 Memorial Hwy., Fleetwood, PA 19522

Phone: 856-981-7699 or 856-981-7701

If you need more information in order to cancel our appointments, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to reply back. Thank you for your time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Comments

Chandler Heights, Arizona, United States #281429

@ aspen employee, it was not a radiograph, it was an X-RAY. I know the difference, and YOU dont know the facts because YOU were not there. You are just another *** who works at Aspen Dental and your company is a money-making machine that could care less about its patients.

did you tell the OB the radiographs are digital???? hello, know the facts.

I tried to call for information about an appointment and was on hold for over 5 minutes. I will not be going to them.

I dont know how to describe how rude the mansfield office girls are. The hygenist somehow thinks her time is more important than anyone else.

I will never go back. What a horrible experience.