1.5

was fitted for new dentures, for a total of $3,000.00, from day one I told them they didn't fit right.and i couldn't close my mouth.

They would put in some kind of paper that marked the teeth, said my mouth is closed. Well, no the teeth are closed but not my mouth. the teeth meet before my mouth closes.

The dentist i told this too, left the room and told me i was to difficult, to this day i cannot wear my bottom dentures,, they guarantee the dentures but i guess they don't guarantee that they fit.That was 3 years ago and I am still toothless on the bottom

Review about: Aspen Dental Dentures.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Most staff, Close to home.

I didn't like: That they didnt make them fit.

Had an Experience with Aspen Dental?

Comments

gldngl

I noted in my original post that I put in wrong time frame, I have had my permanent dentures 1 yrs come Sept, I received no satisfaction from Aspen other than the dentist telling me i was difficult

Seasoned Dentist
Topeka, Kansas, United States #1351215

The problem is undoubtedly that the new dentures were made with an inaccurate byte OR made with your jaw in too far open a position.This is called "excessive vertical dimension of occlusion."

Sometimes the error can be corrected by just making a new lower denture.

However, if remaining bone is fairly high, it may have to be trimmed, and new upper and lower dentures made.

If you would have pushed the issue long ago, possibly they would have admitted they were defective and remade them. After waiting three years, it is doubtful that they will still admit they were made with an inaccurate byte.

It is a lot of work and takes at least 5 appointments to make a good set of dentures.

The sad part of it is for a little more that $3000, you could have had a decent private practice dentist make a good pair of dentures for you.

In the future, remember that NO GOOD HEALTH PROFESSIONAL MUST ADVERTISE ON TV TO HAVE A GOOD PRACTICE.TV advertising is a sign that a dentist has a high patient turnover rate and many dissatisfied patients.

to Seasoned Dentist Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States #1351219

I would have gone to a private dentist, if they took my insurance. I had to chose between 2 that did,,

Seasoned Dentist
to gldngl Topeka, Kansas, United States #1351229

I hear the same story all the time.Fact of the matter is, insurance policies like you have are junk and are not worth the premium you pay for them.

As you see, because you went to A$pen, you wasted all the money you paid for the denture.

Better to just save the premiums and pay out of pocket for dentistry than have to go to crooks who mess with your insurance and give you dentures you cannot use.

Increasingly most dental insurance I see patients pay for is just garbage.This goes double for the "dental discount plans" out there.

to Seasoned Dentist Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States #1351349

My insurance is not junk, most employers offer it, and i got mine thru the VA. It is a nationwide Insurance company not a run of the mill dental insurance

to Seasoned Dentist Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States #1352256

How long does it take to save $3,000?

Dental Advocate
to gldngl Champaign, Illinois, United States #1353536

If you had a dental policy that only listed TWO dentists, it was some *** DMO policy.Only crooked dentist will mess with those sorts of policies.

Believe me, if you had a decent insurance policy, you would have far more choices in dentists.

There are plenty of junk dental policies that are nationwide.TriCare dental policies are examples of very poor dental policies with low reimbursement rates.