Scheduled routine exam since I just relocated to town. Exam was offered as free.

Dentist looked at my teeth for less than 5 minutes and said I had serious potential dental problems and needed a "deep cleaning". Note that I had regular preventative dental check-ups up to this point. When I asked what that entailed and the costs, the dentist disappeared for 35 minutes. Dentist came back and said they could not deep clean then and I would have to return.

I then got out of my exam chair and was ushered to a consultation area and given a treatment plan. The plan was going to cost me $3,700. I stated I did not have that kind of money and asked what would insurance cover. The response was that insurance did not cover their treatment plan and it would be out of pocket however they had a financing company I could apply with.

The office manager wanted me to sign for the treatment and apply at that time. I stated I wanted to think about it. I was pressured to sign but did not and left the office. I went for a second opinion at a "stand alone" dental office and nothing was wrong with my teeth.

Later I found that Aspen had billed my insurance company for the "free" exam.

THESE FOLKS ARE CROOKS. Do yourself a favor and be wise with your money - go to another dentist.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 20, 2012.

Comments