I wanted my teeth cleaned and couldn't afford to pay all at once at my regular dentist so I went to Aspen Dental. They took 18 x-rays and did a comprehensive exam by a dentist.

I was told I needed 4 fillings replaced, had 5 new cavities needing to be filled, and had gingivitis with some early periodontitis, which involved bone loss in some places. And for this, I needed a 2 step cleaning done. I have had my teeth cleaned every 6 months or year my whole life and the only work I've ever had to have done is a handful of fillings in 28 years. The dentist kept telling me this "isn't that bad, it's just fillings. No root canals, or crowns, or anything so you should be happy about that." Well it sounded pretty bad to me! Their recommended treatments would cost me $1,656.00. I decided to get a second opinion!

My regular dentist checked my x-rays, and checked each tooth with the laser (which Aspen did not do) and told me I had no cavities, all my existing fillings were fine, and I absolutely did not have periodontitis or any bone loss. Basically, all I needed was a regular cleaning.

They attract people with their payment plans because a lot of people can't afford to pay the total amount of their bill the day they have the work done, and most local dentists require that. But they are scamming people out of thousands of dollars because they are the only place sometimes who will do payment plans so clients have to trust their recommendations because they can't afford to go anywhere else. And in the long run, the client is spending way more money for the sake of being able to make payments.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Comments