1.6
Additional Fees

Terrible experience for my daughter. While home from college for the holidays and on limited time we thought we would try the new Aspen Dental office.

All we wanted was a cleaning and a check up. During the exam she was told she had Gingivitis and that to do a cleaning would take two appointments, that were not covered by insurance. She had not been experiencing any symptoms of Gingivitis to that point. When she told them she did not have time for that extensive (non insurance covered) option they refused to do the cleaning that she had come in for.

Making the trip a huge waste of time. She was trying to coordinate her schedule with her mom via text who was shopping nearby. The office manager later told me she was not "paying attention" Her mother then spoke to the staff who insisted that they could not do the cleaning that she requested and had to do the other. What a crock.

We left. My call with the office manager was more of the same. I explained that when I go to the Dr. office for a checkup there maybe stuff I need, but can't do that day, but I still get what I came for.

She tried to equate this cleaning for supposed "gingivitis" as like going to the office with a broken arm and not getting it set. She also tried to explain the problem was that there had been "too many hands" in the process.

Well, I guess it takes a lot of money to pay all those hands and a trumped up diagnosis of gingivitis makes it easier to hide the costs into more expensive work than is really needed. Don't go there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Customer Care.

Reason of review: Did not perform service, tried to upsell us to what we did not want and refused to do what we came for..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor car salesman customer service tactics.

Comments

Topeka, Kansas, United States #1258868

First of all, it is impossible to have a "check-up" (re-examination) if a patient has never been examined to start with. First comes the initial exam with x-rays if you don't bring them, THEN comes the cleaning.

It is very rare that a college coed needs scaling and root planing.

That is A$pen's favorite scam, you know.

You don't just change dentist to get an appointment at a moment's notice. Exams and cleanings are not pulling your car up to a car wash any old place. it is important to go to one good dentist, not a different one every time. Dentists last an average of 6 months at sleazy corporate creep shows like A$pen.

Your daughter would likely see a new dentist every visit.

Somebody has got to pay for A$pen's expensive TV ad campaign, and the only ones to do it are the poor sucker that end up being patient/victims there.

Do you daughter a favor. Never take her to a corporate dental chain clinic again.