Additional Fees

My husband and I went to the Foley Alabama location,needing a routine cleaning. We are both diligent in our dental care, getting regular cleanings and check ups every 6 months.

I have previously had deep root cleanings done in our home state of Wi. They would not clean our teeth - they said it "was against the law" to clean them if we had gum issues. (huh??) We were told we both needed deep root cleanings, our gums were in terrible shape and The cost for both of us was over $3,000.00! We said we would discuss it, and made an appointment with Dr.

Ferrell in Foley. Just got back from our appointment and guess what? NO ISSUES for either one of us. Whatever we are doing, keep doing, see you in 6 months.

DO NOT GO TO ASPEN DENTAL!!!

THEY ARE TRYING TO PERFORM WORK THAT DOES NOT NEED TO BE DONE!!!! TOTAL RIP OFF!

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Medical negligence and misdiagnosis, Poor treatment, Office manger.

Comments

Hmm. An independent dentist and practice owner said your gums were fine and you needed only a simple cleaning.

A chain of chop shops illegally owned by non-dentist Wall Street investors said you and your husband needed thousands of dollars of gum therapy.

Who should you believe? Just follow the money.

Write your Alabama state representative. Tell him to demand the Alabama board of dentistry promulgate strict ownership tests so non-dentists cannot get away with owning clinics, and representing to the Board that they merely "manage" them for employee dentists.

I wouldn't say A$pen is the Wal-Mart of Dentistry.

At least Wal-Mart offers values. A$pen is more like the flea market of dentistry, at Neiman-Marcus prices.

Pleasanton, California, United States #1303536

Aspen dental is more like the city garbage dump of dentistry. At least at walmart you leave feeling like you got most of what you paid for. When you leave aspen dental you feel like you have been worked over by a bull and a scam artist broke into your bank account.