50 views
Verified Reviewer

1.8
Poster decreased review rating.

Original review updated by user Nov 05, 2021

ATTN: Dental Care Consumers

FIRST EXPERIENCE: I would like to share with you my experience(s) as a patient with Aspen Dental - 1609 Norman Dr Ste B, Valdosta, GA 31601. I made an appointment with this dental service months ago for the first time by phone with their Head (Corporate office).

According to the phone number that was listed on their (Website: AspenDental.com). After my appointment was scheduled and the date arrived for my dental appointment. After, I traveled 50 miles from work which I had to take off early cause of my dental appointment. I was told by the receptionist that my dental appointment had been canceled!

Her explanation of this that I contacted their (Corporate office) and scheduled the appointment which is not their local office. So, at this moment, this was a "Red Flag" for me. That their main office staff and the (Corporate management) staff rather by phone or by online appointment scheduling do not collaborate or is not using the same appointment scheduling software. I eventually, ended up rescheduling my dental appointment to a later date.

SECOND EXPERIENCE: Now after my First Bad Experience: My next rescheduled appointment was at 2:00 PM.

Which other patients and me had to wait like an extra 6 to 8 minutes outside in the Hot Sun after their office staff lunch break was over. Because they had the door locked so that patients can not come in for service. I mean for me as a person that pride myself on being on time early. I expect any professional office staff to do the same.

Especially after I have waited like 30 minutes inside of my car for my appointment after traveling 50 miles. Desperately, as other patients in me waiting to come inside from the Hot Sun after waiting for extra minutes. After we all gather in the office there was No Explanation or any courtesy from their staff unprofessional tardiness for being several minutes past their lunch schedule. After, this I witness first hand that another patient was told that her dental appointment was cancelled also.

Therefore, as like myself she was very disappointed and expressed her dissatisfaction for her cancellation. This patient as I reserved was moving to Florida and was in pain and needed a tooth extraction immediately. This patient was so upset she stormed out of the parking lot in a aggressive way. I was afraid that she might get into a wreck for her aggressiveness driving.

Now when it was my time to be called up to the receptionist. As, like the other patient that I witness just moments before me. Once again I was told that my dental appointment was cancelled also. At, this time I am very upset and expressed my dissatisfaction for the (Second Time) of being cancelled.

Especially, after I took off work early again and drove 50 miles for my dental appointment! The receptionist explanation of this matter was that I did not confirm by phone my appointment with them. Note: This is the primary reason of this Dental Care practice lack of professionalism due to objective operational skills. I notice that during my investigation just to see did they actually tried to call me for a phone appointment confirmation.

I noticed that they called me from a ("Private Phone Number") as (229) 269- **** only (1) time for a phone confirmation. Note: I am sure that I am not the only person that do not always answer any unknown, unfamiliar phone number just randomly. I mean, really to have a Dental Care service business why need to list your phone number as private or unknown. In my opinion for a more customer friendly dental service list your Caller ID: Name as Aspen Dental etc...

So that your patients can know that it is you trying to call them! Maybe then your appointment phone confirmation policy rate will significantly improve! I am sure this was the primary reason of the patient I witness for her dental appointment cancellation also.

THIRD EXPERIENCE: After my Second Bad Experience: I requested on (Three) occasions for a copy of my dental X-rays prior to my second dental appointment. I was told on every request that I will receive a copy within 10 days after being requested.

Since this time of my first initial request for a copy of my X-rays it has been a period of about (180) days. However, I still have Not received (1) copy of my dental X-rays as requested. Afterwards, during this time when my Third request was not honored. I called up Aspen Dental Valdosta, GA dental receptionist staff for an followup on my requests.

However, as usual (No Real) person to talk to for immediately customer service assistance like always from my experiences. Their receptionist staff voice mail was full and I could not get through. So, I ended up having to call them back after their voice mail were not as full. I shared with them my frustrations of not getting the response and the properly support from their staff members of this matter.

I express to them the outcome of this matter as legally terms that I am entitled to a copy of my medical records by law. Including, to share my experiences as a review about my service as a patient. However, I did not get a call back nor have I ever received a copy of my dental X-rays as promised!

I hope this review is helpful to anyone looking to be treated with respect and quality care! You should avoid this "Disorganized" dental care service.

Just from my very own personal reasons. I will Not spend another dime with Aspen Dental - 1609 Norman Dr Ste B, Valdosta, GA 31601 any more due to my several bad experiences overall as a patient!

Pros: Friendly (Back End) Dental Staff

Cons: *Terrible Phone Support! *Answering Machine Always Full! *Long Call Waiting Times!

*Very Poor Management!

(Office Manager/Dentist) *Unprofessional Receptionist Staff! (Some are "sub-in's" from other duties).

User's recommendation: You should avoid this "Disorganized" dental care service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Aspen Dental Pros: Friendly back end dental staff.

Aspen Dental Cons: Terrible phone support, Answering machine always full, Long call waiting times, Very poor management, Unprofessional receptionist staff.

Comments

#2093761

This Aspen Dental location service is totally Dysfunctional at best. Do your research about this dental service past reviews and behavior.

Additionally, don't be easy fooled by the High Stars of Google Reviews about this dental care service. I honest believe that they are paying their patients or giving incentives to submit good reviews on their behalf.

#2095644
@ConsumerForChange

The whole A$pen Crime Syndicate is dysfunctional, not just one location. Suggestion: Find an HONEST, COMPETENT, INDEPENDENT dentist who owns his own practice.

Aspen Dental Reviews