1.4
Additional Fees

Maximize their ability to charge the customer by making them come back to multiple appointments on items they could do at one appointment. Was told they cannot do more than one filling at a time for an appointment.

WHAT? Ridiculous!... I can't wait for this to become an action lawsuit. I am jumping on that ban wagon...

it is only a matter of time before these "fools" days are numbered and they get slammed with a lawsuit. (4 fillings 1100.00 and 4 appointments later) Never Again but I will be keeping my eye out for the class action lawsuit! I do not recommend Aspen Dental. They have already charged our insurance for appointments we haven't even had yet and they charged out care credit account and sent us a bill for an additional $72.00.

To our surprise we also received confirmation for a 10,000 dollar credit card they applied for in their credit department under my name. HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE ! HORRIBLE!

Their total plan was going to cost upwards of 8,000.00. Is this crazy or what?

Review about: Aspen Dental Dental Filling.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Being robbed and them trying to taking advantage.

Comments

#1419395

Something sounds crazy all right. You credit was approved for $10,000 and Aspen only proposed $8000 treatment on you.

That is about $2,000 they left unclaimed.

Get ready for some unexpected treatment to be "found" to do in your mouth.

Go to a regular dentist and see how much of this $8000 treatment they find needs to be done. Maybe none!

Fillings are charged per filling, not per visit. It is really more efficient (and more profitable) for dentists to do more fillings in one visit.

So I can't figure out why they would want to schedule only one filling per visit, unless the dentist is fresh out of school and works very slowly.

Patients on DMOs (dental equivalent of HMOs) are treated this way because the LESS treatment the clinic does, the more money they make. Do you have your dental plan via a DMO like Cigna? That might explain it.

It is reprehensible that these crooks signed you up for a high-dollar credit card without your authorization. It is pretty clear what their plans were for you: charge a huge amount up front and load you up with debt.

Glad you saw the light and high-tailed it out of that corporate chop shop.

Don't despair. There are plenty of honest private dentists out there who would welcome you and not try to fleece you.

h.kitchener

A local dentist in private practice is always the best option for dental care, not one of these dental mills.