1.9
Additional Fees

My mother is 87 years old and had dentures made at Aspen Dental. She has six teeth remaining on the lower front.

Her treatment plan recommended a deep cleaning every 4 months. The charge for this treatment is $369.00, now remember she only has 6 teeth. Lets do the math, the is $1107.00 per year. Each session is costing 62.00 per tooth.

Mom is on a limited fixed income which does not allow for these high expenses. I called to schedule her for a regular cleaning, which her insurance will pay for. I was told they could not schedule her for this as it was not the treatment the dentist recommended. I explained that the funds were not there for that treatment.

They again refused to schedule her and recommended I find another dentist. Keep in mind she had already spend over $5000.00 on dentures at Aspen Dental. It is very disappointing that Aspen Dental was so quick to dismiss her as a patient when the money ran out.

So if you are a senior citizen on a limit income do not go to Aspen Dental. It is all about the money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Topeka, Kansas, United States #1262713

When private equity Wall Street *** owns dental clinics, do you really think it would about something OTHER than money? Of course it would not be.

Leonard Green LLC & Partners owns A$pen to do one thing- make a killing.

Normal dentists put patients like your mom on 3 month perio maintenance.

With so few teeth, we would probably discount the fee to about $100 That's what I do. But then, I operate an honest private practice that supports my wife and I, and don't answer to a bunch of Wall Street slime.