1.8
Turnaround Time
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Feb 10

They contacted me and canceled the invoice they had been billing me for five months. They also explained that the reason they did not clean my teeth is that my insurance carrier said they would pay for the cleaning only if my teeth were all in good shape.

That was not possible without me paying $8,000.00 for total bridge work. So I canceled my dental plan with Physicians Mutual which is another pissed off issue. DO NOT EVER USE PHYSICIANS MUTUAL for a dental plan. I now have HUMANA for prescriptions, vision and dental.

No deductible, and most of all, IT IS FREE. Thanks for helping me resolve this issue with Aspen.

Original review posted by user Jan 11

Listen to their automatic voice message. Notice they guarantee the price quoted is the price you pay. That is a lie. I went to the North Myrtle Beach location to have some troublesome teeth pulled and a partial bridge. My insurance also included a complete cleaning. My first visit they quoted me over $8,000.00 for all of the work I needed. After waiting a year for my insurance to kick in, I returned to have my teeth extracted, cleaning and a partial bridge. The total cost THEY quoted was around $900.00 for the work done after insurance. I paid it. Yet they NEVER CLEANED MY TEETH. Then, to my amazement, I got another bill for $129.00 as the balance due. 1. My bridge does not fit properly although I returned to have it adjusted. I have only worn it for a total of four days in the past seven months. 2. The amount they quoted, showed me before and after the work was completed, and I paid was evidently NOT the final price. I have contacted them and no one is ever available to discuss the matter with me and they hung up on me. I will never return to them under ANY circumstances. They are, bottom line, incompetent, although the dentist who actually worked on my teeth seemed to be OK. But, she evidently wasn't in charge of handling the business aspect of my experience. You may call me for specifics.

John Fullagar

832 280-8378.

jeftest@aol.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dentures.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

You got to understand how the business model at these gyp joints work. Young dentists, and many time foreign dentists, are hired hand on a low commission.

They not control anything. Their job is to do the dentistry as best they can with the supplies and instruments and cheap labs they are given. They have no control over anything. Many times the office manager, who is bonused based on the money she collects, "upgrades" treatment plans or even adds things to it.

Aspen dentists tell me how aggravating it is when this happens. It is actually against the law, but what do they care? The whole goal is not to make you satisfied so you will return and refer friends and coworkers, but to squeeze as much money as possible from you, even if it means burying you in debt. No Aspen is owned by dentists.

They are owned by a private equity company named Leonard Green & Company LLC for the benefit of investors.

Please don't think other shyster outfits like Coast, Dental One, Great Expressions, or Western are any different. They are all cut from the same greasy mold.