1.9
Additional Fees

I went to the Aspen Dental Office on Blanding Blvd Jacksonville, FL. and had four implants and a plate made for my upper mouth.

The cost was over $12,000.00. I told them I wanted the plate made with teeth that I could see when I open my mouth. After the implants healed the plate was made. I looked at it and the teeth looked normal size and the dentist put the plate in my mouth and if fit perfectly.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM, when I went home and looked in the mirror I could not see my teeth. It took me awhile to figure out what was wrong. The cavity where my gums fit on the plate is about half a tooth down behind the teeth on the plate. In other words if your front teeth were removed and glued back onto your gums with only half the tooth below your gums, that is what I look like.

I was scheduled for eye surgery in both eyes and could not return to the dental office immediately.

When I was able to make an appointment to return and explain what was wrong they wanted to charge me over $1900.00 to make another set of teeth.

All though there were signs around the lobby saying if you are not satisfied with your dentures we will remake them.

Yegar L. Latham 904-584-4342

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Do not provide what they premise.

Comments

Certainly you must have had a try-in when the new denture teeth were set in wax. Normally patients are asked to approve the esthetics at this stage.

Did you? If you did, the error is yours, and you should pay for another denture if not satisfied. If there was no try-in asking you to approve the denture set-up, the error was the dentist's.

Can't understand why any thinking person would go to a sh!thole clinic like Aspen to have implants done. Count on them to fall out within a year.

to ClydeDDS #1627341

Like I said above. When I was setting in the chair and looked at the teeth, the teeth looked normal size, the plate fit good.

When I went home and looked in the mirror I realized something was wrong. I could not see my teeth when I opened my mouth or smiled. They had signs in the lobby. if you are not satisfied with your dental plate they will make you another set or refund your money.

By the way those signs have since been removed. By the way if I had known it was a *** hole, do you think I would have gone there? I would like to ask you something. If you took your car and had the transmission worked on; and when you drove the car home it still had a problem.

Would you go and pay another shop to fix it? I don't think so.

to Anonymous #1630269

If I thought the first shop would screw up my transmission more the second time around, I would not take it there. Sorry, but when you deal with criminals, once they have your money, they have no interest in making things rights.

They already have tons of lawsuits and complaints against them, and one more really will not make a difference. I feel for you and your plight, but really don't think you will ever get any satisfaction. Perhaps if you go to the trouble of setting up and anti-Aspen website, blog, or Facebook page, they will offer you a refund. That is the only way some Aspen patients have gotten compensation.

A principle in life is to patronize small, locally owned business where the owner has a vested stake in his reputation for customer service. A corporate chain like Aspen in no way fits this description.

to Dental Advocate #1630309

Thank you. You are probably right.

I am looking for another Dentist Office to make me a plate that will show my teeth. I hate it because I saved for a long time to get the $12,000.00 to have four implants and a plate made.