Cambridge,Minnesota
Additional Fees

Went to have a tooth put back into denture and the next day it fell out. Went back again and this time it stayed but then they said I needed new denture and you had to fill out a financial report to get a credit plan.

Now I have been back 9 times for the fitting of the denture and every time it has been to big and came right out of my mouth. They said that I had to have them relined--I haven't had the dentures in my mouth more than 5 seconds. Why do you have to have them relined when they have not been in your mouth I asked and they said that I could have them reline 3 times without charge?????? Excuse me???

I still do not and will not get those dentures.

They said they were afraid this would happen because it was the material and maybe I should go to the more expensive material. What is wrong with this picture?????

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dentures.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Incompetant.

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #1228652

Teeth fall out of dentures when lab techs are rushed and do not take the time to clean all the wax off denture teeth before they are processed with acrylic. Using a good lab (which Aspen doesn't), teeth coming out of dentures is a virtually non-existant problem.

Yeah, I know, their excuse for sloppy work is always to have you spend more money for an "upgrade."

Topeka, Kansas, United States #1228648

You ask, "What is wrong with this picture?" I will tell you what is wrong.

1. The young dentists who work there are not given enough uninterrupted time to take all the steps necessary for good denture fabrication.

The labs A$pen's dentists are forced to use are abysmal.

3. They are urged to push nylon-like flexible dentures for a high price. These have a number of disadvantages.

4. Cheap dentures like you got are often self-cure instead of heat-cured.

Such cheap dentures are less stable wit more porosity.

Occasionally there is an inaccuracy in impression and the resultant denture is loose and falls down. Standard remedy is relining it with tissue conditioner and later with hard plastic in the lab. But never should it have to be done over and over. Find an older dentist with lots of experience to do our dentures.

Corporate clown clubs like A$pen will never get it right.

Corporate chain dental clinics are actually operating illegally in most states. Did you know that.