I was attracted by the free x-rays and exam. I should have known better, nothing in business is free. After the exam, I was told I had an advanced stage of periodontal disease and my only option was to have all of my teeth extracted and replace them with dentures. I question the credentials and professionalism of the "dentist."

I have had problems with my gums before and I knew I had some periodontal problems, but not as bad as what they described. I was told horrifying stories of what would happen if I didn't have the surgery and dentures. I am ashamed to say that I fell for it and I opted to have the work done to the tune of $11,500. They were more than happy to finance the work. Again, I'm ashamed to say I went for it.

It is now two weeks after the surgery, my mouth is cut up and nicked inside because the poor fitting dentures. My mouth is so sore I cannot eat food and I have lost over 11 pounds. I am already too skinny so it is not a good thing. After the first few days I tried to see the "dentist" and technician but was told there were no times available. I have continued to try to see them but I keep getting put off. I even went to the office and waited for over 2 hours. They would not see me.

Please, learn from my mistake. Investigate before you commit and above all, avoid Aspen Dental.

Comments

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. We at Aspen Dental really do strive to provide all of our patients with exceptional service and care, and we’d like to do whatever we can to resolve this problem.

Would you be willing to talk in more detail to our Patient Satisfaction team to see whether they can help address your specific concerns? This team of specialists is based at our Practice Support Center in Syracuse and is trained to help resolve these types of issues. They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or patient services@aspendent.com. The team will respond to you as quickly as they can (within two business days of your initial outreach to them).

Oops he left for the day! - were you able to get the prescription you needed? If not, please let me know and I'll follow up for you. Thanks!

I broke part of a filling and was told that I would need a crown instead of just another filling. I went in with no pain and had the "prep" work done for the crown on Friday with a temporary crown put in.

I spent the entire night in a ton of pain. Less than 12 hours later, the temporary crown fell out. Pain, pain, pain...I went in on Monday and was told that I would need a root canal before the permanent crown could be cemented in so they canceled the appointment for the crown and they put in another temporary crown. Apparently the person who does the root canals only comes in once a month and he is booked for this month.

Ummmm....so I asked how I am supposed stay in this much pain for another month? She called back and told me that the dentist would call in a prescription for antibiotics to help with the infection (I was not aware I had an infection). I waited and she called back to say that he left for the day and forgot to phone in the prescription. All I had was a small break in a filling and now I have some sort of infection and am in a ton of pain.

What am I supposed to do? I sure do hope he gets in early tomorrow and phones in a prescription.