1.9

I was warned by a few colleagues that I would likely walk out with a long treatment plan, costing a few hundred dollars (that’s with my insurance paying half). Since I was desperate to get an appointment for a cleaning before my Insurance changed, I needed an appt ASAP.

This was the only place I could get into.

My my colleagues were correct! I had three pages of “issues” that neither the dentist not hygienist told me of. Rather, I was escorted to another person, in billing! She delivered the news of my results.

I was shocked and said six cavities? You’ve got to be kidding me. Are you sure you have the right chart? She double checked.

I asked to talk to the dentist or the hygienist -but was told they were gone for the day (wow! they left in a hurry!) so neither couldn’t come out and explain.

The billing person proceeded to tell me, “it’s tooth number 5 & 10, as well as.... that have cavities..”

Looks like a possible root canal, on tooth number 20. I said, “WHAT??”

I said I don’t number my teeth.

I have no idea what number five and 10 you’re referring to. And tooth number 20 that needs a root canal, what tooth is that?!?

Awful. Just awful experience. That was the first time & LAST time I will ever go to them.

That was the exam.

They wanted me to make another appointment for the cleaning. I said I’ll pass. I’ll get a second opinion.

....the last time I had seen my dentist in MI, I had no cavities. Pretty sure they’re running an insurance scam.

I DO NOT recommend. Steer clear!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Reason of review: Unethical practices I believe they are doing insurance fraud.

Comments

Yeah, they are running an insurance scam and every other sort of scam. But don't worry, they are equal opportunity scammers.

The scam uninsured patients, too. I once had a college kid in for a second opinion. I even took my own x-rays to be clear. Aspen had planned to put fillings in 13 of his pristine teeth.

I found absolutely no cavities. When Wall Street private equity investors own clinics instead of licensed dentists, no good will come to the public.

They have clear steers at Aspen? Man, I would like to see a transparent cow!