I went to Aspen for the free consultation. I recently received my EOB to find that Aspen filed a claim.

When I called, I was told that the free exam and X-ray is only for patients without insurance. I informed her that nobody ever told me that. She was rude so I told her I would call my insurance company to let them deal with the issue. When I called Himana, the rep was concerned that they were not making this public knowledge.

She also pointed out that they billed my insurance for an extra X-ray which was not covered by my insurance, which left me with a balance. Humans called Aspen on 3 way. My rep ripped into her accusing Aspen of ins fraud. Aspen said they would remove the extra X-ray and apologized but stated that billing insurance for the free consultation is with their rights.

Needless to say, I filed a complaint with the BBB. I did not use Aspen and left less than impressed.

Please google Aspen and read their reviews along with the class action lawsuits they’re involved with now. Humans did file a complaint with Aspen on their end.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

What??? This sleazy investor-owned corporation advertised deceptively?

That's incredible. I guess the next thing is someone is going to find a politician who actually told a lie.A$pen is actually breaking the law by "insurance overbilling" when they charge an insured patient something and don't charge an uninsured patient for the same thing.Telling lies to patients is nothing new to this gang.

They have been slammed by four state attorneys general already for cheating patients.Glad you foiled their plan. Good thinking on your part.