I had a cavity that needed to be filled so I scheduled an appointment at Aspen. I told them that while i was there i would like to have my teeth cleaned and whitened. They said it would be no problem.

That proved to be wrong! After sitting in the waiting room for over an hour, they finally came and got me and told me they needed to do x-rays. Even though i didn't think this was necessary I agreed because they said there would be no charge. After the x-rays they directed me back to the waiting room until they had a chance to review the results.

After sitting again for another 30 minutes, it was finally my turn, or so I thought. I was taken back to the room and handed a remote to the t.v. This I knew was a bad sign. After catching up on the latest news, a dentist finally entered the room. He didn't introduce himself, he started right in on how bad of shape my teeth were in. I was only in there with him for maybe 5 minutes, and he didn't even ask me if I had any questions.

I thought that after waiting for so long, this was when the work would begin. Again I was wrong, instead I was ushered to another waiting room, where I would wait to be counseled about my teeth. This was when I was told that I needed $3688.00 worth of work done ($2100 of which was a cleaning). Now I understand that they are in a business to make money, but I was there for a filling and cleaning.

I asked them when they were going to start, and I was told that they don't do any work on patience on their first visit. I would have never scheduled the appointment if I knew this ahead of time. When I'm willing to pay for services I expect them to be done, not just give me a list of what they think I should do. For example, if you take your car in to get the exhaust fixed they may make you aware of other problems, but they still fix your exhaust!! I left there in no better shape than i was when I got there, but with a lower self esteem.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Comments

I had the same problem, I went to get a cleaning and they quote me over $1000 and I have insurance through my job but the said the type of cleaning I need my insurance don't cover. I think they are a ripe off!!!!!!! I would never recommend anyone to go there!!!!!

This is common in all Aspen offices. You should have been told when you scheduled what was going to happen on the first visit.

In the offices I worked in a first visit usually lasted about 90 min. We overbook to make up for the lazy no shows but still always run behind and most every office does.

I wonder how much of your treatment was really necessary and how much you were being ripped off. Probably most was a ripoff. It usually is.

Atlanta, Indiana, United States #188377

Your mouth isn't a car.

its not a factory, or car wash