795 N Lexington-Springmill Rd, Ontario, OH 44906, USA
Additional Fees

My wife called Aspen Dental for my son's appointment and told them we have Anthem insurance. They tell her they will do x-rays and initial consultation and insurance should cover it in full.

I get to the appointment and outside is says "Free 1st visit". I get inside and there's a note on the desk that the Free 1st Visit is only for those without insurance. We wait for an hour before getting to see the dentist. Full mouth x-ray and consultation and then they call me back.

They print me up a list of everything they say my son needs including 3 cavities and wisdom teeth extraction. The total is over $3000. But for now they need $42 before I leave to cover what the insurance won't pay for the consultation. I'm surprised because I've never been to a dentist that made you pay before you walked out the door for charges they knew would be over and above what the insurance would pay.

And they told my wife it would all be covered. I paid it because I really had no option. Now they are calling our house and saying we owe an additional $56.

The x-ray was covered but they overcharged and they want us to pay the difference. I went to a different dentist for an initial consultation, full mouth x-ray, and cleaning and I owed $0 after the insurance.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Customer Care.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Office hours.

I didn't like: Overcharged, Wait, Equipment, Being lied to, Being charged for having insurance, Long wait, Lied about cost, Pay upfront then billed additional, Office equipment not well maintained.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 13, 2017.

Comments

First of all, nothing is ever free at aspen dental, Everything will be charged out and it will cost more than at any other office. The "free exam" for uninsured patients is to get them in and run up a bill knowing they don't have any money to pay for the scam treatment.

Aspen dental then leads these patients whom are hurting for money down the hall and happily gets them to sign for a high interest loan that is as bad as a credit card. Aspen dental gets the cost of the exam and scam work they will put in the patient's mouth.

The patient gets junk work and a credit card bill they will have a hard time paying for. These aspen scammers will burn in Hello some day.

First of all, if they give free exams to uninsured patients but charge insured patients full price, they are "overbilling" insurances companies under most states' practice law.

It is really small of them to balance bill you for something given absolutely free to other patients. This plus the fact that they were an hour behind is warning enough to get out of Dodge and go to an honest independent dentist.

You cannot trust the treatment plans of these scammers anyway. Bet your next dentist will not be able to find your son's "cavities." A$pen nearly always slips unneeded treatment into every estimate given patients.

Sorry, but all this sounds like a standard other than maybe the extra charge, I assume you meant they "undercharged" and wanted you to pay the difference. The "free without insurance" is done by many other companies in different ways...special offers for "new customers" is one example.

*** me off when a new customer can get a better deal than a good present customer, no different. Aspen dental is the worst but I see nothing unusual about your experience, IMHO.