165 views

Last year, I thought I had 2 teeth break. Turned out one was a broken filling, the other a small cavity.

Hadn't been to a dentist in 5 years due to severe anxiety. Got the fillings done and it went well enough, figured I'd go back for exam and cleaning because I knew I needed one badly.

Long story short, hygienist said I had early stage periodontal disease, handed me a packet on stage II and III periodontitis?! And said I needed a deep cleaning and treatment. Of course my anxiety skyrocketed and I agreed, because what do I know?!

I haven't seen a dentist in 5 years at this point.

Get the deep clean in 2 parts, antibiotics placed both times (which I later found out is a huge red flag), and had a few small fillings done. Went back almost 6 months later even though I "needed" 3 month treatments... Had the most painful cleaning I've ever had done, leaving me in tears. Asked about some teeth shifting I've recently felt.

Told her I've been grinding at night. Nothing. Asked again about the shifting and she says, "its probably the bone loss". The bone loss?!

What bone loss! She'd never mentioned it before. "It was pretty bad when you came in." What??

I immediately went home and called for a second opinion. Not only do I NOT have bone loss, they botched the first 2 fillings I went in for and didn't even fully clean my teeth the last time!

They were stunned by what took place at Aspen. I even found there were boxes checked on my intake form that were incorrect later. These people preyed on my obvious anxiety, as I'm sure they've done to many others.

I'll get over the financial end of it thankfully, but their entire business model is set up to reel people in with false claims, pad their bills, scare the crap out of them and treat them like a number.

I will never go back or refer anyone to them. Disgusting.

User's recommendation: Stay away!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Aspen Dental Cons: Are scam professionals.

Location: 324 Elmira Road, Ithaca, NY 14850

Comments

#2012389

When Wall Street shysters own dental clinics instead of licensed dentists, no good will come of it. These crooks would steal from their elderly grandmothers.

Aspen Dental Reviews