2.3
Additional Fees

I went to Aspen Dental in Richmond, Ky as a new patient. The staff was kind and courteous until it was time to present my charges.

I needed 3 crowns. Aspen Dental were going to charge me $4800 ($1600 each). This is twice the rate of other dentists in my area. I presented an Aspen Dental sale ad for $683/crown.

It was ironic that the ad noted their NORMAL CHARGE WAS $853/crown, NOT $1600)...SEE ATTACHED. The representative refused to accept the ad. I got up and left. That was 2 hrs of wasted time I’ll never get back.

When I called customer service I was transferred several times and on hold for over 30 minutes. I finally hung up.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Tooth Crown Services.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Office manager, Not knowledgeable, Quality, Poor car salesman customer service tactics.

Comments

The first question in my mind is whether you really needed the three crowns. Just because A$pen Organized Crime Syndicate says you need a treatment, doesn't mean it is the truth.Yeah, $1600 is a lot more for a crown than most dentists up here in Topeka charge.They run a cheapie ad to lure patients in the office, then they won't honor the quoted prices.

Typical A$pen.

You did the right thing to walk out. When you find a good private dentist, stick to him.