Lucas B Rna

| map-marker Pascagoula, Mississippi

Worst Experience Imaginable

The worst experience imaginable. Ive had several friends and family warn me about Aspen Dental, 4001 Denny Avenue, Pascagoula, MS, but nothing could have prepared me for the series of lies and corruption from the administrative staff to the dentist himself.

I checked in early with two admin assistants who were immediately cold, unprofessional, aggressive, aloof, and snide.

I completed the paperwork, and provided two forms of very good insurance, despite the lies of one admin assistant who ineptly (and unethically) played lawyer and falsely advised me on what the law required. I almost left immediately as I sensed a scam, and in hindsight should have left right away.

Over the next 2 hours and 20 minutes (0950 to 1220), I was moved among four rooms, received in depth X-rays from a very sweet and professional dental assistant, but also received false and contradictory information from dental nurse and dentist. I was told several times that I was being assessed for the type of cleaning that would be best, and that I would be able to choose once all of the prep work was completed. After two hours of being moved around, I was treated to alternating sweet and aggressive staff, getting false and contradictory information on my insurance and the type of cleaning and the next steps and the condition of my teeth and the purpose of the equipment (etc) from several staff.

Finally I got the hard up-sell scam from a third admin assistant and from the dentist himself. I was told that I had to choose the most expensive treatment, and that none of my insurance would cover anything.

As I left to the lobby, on my departure, the most aggressive admin assistant loudly stated that the gingivitis deep cleaning was the only treatment that was legal to provide. Again, unprofessional at best and malpractice at worst. This was the final step of the scam.

The whole staff lied, bullied, and attempted to scare me into the most expensive treatment that coincidentally wasnt covered by my insurance. The dentist even came to the lobby and aggressively confronted me, saying that the admin assistant never said that. A complete lie.

After 30 years of testifying in federal court, I know false legal advice and unethical behavior when I hear it. The more the dentist insisted, you didnt hear that, the more the scam became obvious.

The whole office was scared at being called out for the unprofessionalism, the lies, and the bullying. When the dentist realized that I knew what I heard, and knew it was a scam, he meekly said, well three employees thought you were rude. Im sure they did. Its hard to confront a liar and a bully without doing so clearly and directly.

Im sure they felt I was rude of me not to go along with the scam.

I escaped this scam, after wasting almost two and a half hours, and immediately went to another dentist (Bienville Dental Group). They were wonderful, professional, and honest. No scam, no lies, no bullying, no alternating sweet and aggressive treatment (common among scams). They were able to verify my MetLife dental insurance in less than 30 seconds (Aspen couldnt verify it with more than 30 minutes effort).

After some brief X-rays, I received the thorough and professional cleaning and checkup I had hoped to receive from the first.

What an ugly experience of lies and corruption at Aspen Dental. I can only be thankful that this scam, and the very rude and unprofessional dentist and staff didnt trap me in their lies.

I have discussed this experience with several friends (more than 10) who are also dentists and dental hygienists working in Louisiana and California, and every one of them were shocked and apologetic, but not surprised.

They have each heard of such experiences with Aspen Dental before. Additionally, I have reported this incident to the Dental Advisory Board, the Better Business Bureau, and have left reviews on several platforms.

Shame on Aspen Dental for bullying clients, especially the older clients, into paying exorbitant prices and lying to the patients theyre supposed to help.

Cons:
  • Listed in my review

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Stay away!

Jessie D Qiw

| map-marker Stillwater, Oklahoma

Harassment

In August 2022 when i called to ask about cost of dentures the reception said oh right now we have a discount of 1000.00 off. So i made an appointment for when i could be seen which was told that I would still be entitled to discount I made all appointments and paid full amount at the time of service. Insurance paid as well 2 years later I'm being harassed for cost of coupon amount of a thousand dollars

Preferred solution: Aspen Dental to quit harassing me for the thousand dollar discount they didn't honor. I will continue to refuse to pay for their dis honor....

User's recommendation: Don't trust Aspn Dental get everything in writing

Margaret K Ull

| map-marker Orlando, Florida

Billing: lied to, billed an amount way over patient agreement, probably elder abuse

elder abuse: quoted $270 then charged $795 and a second bone Rpic $844. I never shirk on my responsibilities.

However, there is something dishonest about what was sent to my insurance company, refused by my insurance company and passed onto me. I'm 84 years of age but have always paid for my services. Currently you say my outstanding billing is $1299. i strongly disagree, Should I contact BBB or other consul in this dispute.

Account #1382****. Margaret Kelly

User's recommendation: i have no complaint as far as the dentist I have encountered, My complaint is with the office management and the dishonest billing practices.

MaryLisa C

| map-marker Roseville, Minnesota

Unresolved issues

1) employee repeatedly gave information about my appointments to persons outside the office. Nothing was done about this violation of my hippa rights.

2) i still don't have my permanent dentures

3) despite my contacting the office via email (so it will be in writing), there has been no response to these issues

Loss:
Cons:
  • Not professional

User's recommendation: Just don't

Lena A Tbw

Verified Reviewer

Bill that I am not responsible for.

I had gone to your aspen dental in in November and December 2023 in Kissimmee Florida off Centerview blvd. I paid my bill that was given to me with my insurance and my insurance flex card.

Aspen dental keeps sending me a bill for $29.20 please credit my account my phone number for this account is 407-973-****, my other complaint is my husband account Kenneth Augustin is phone number is 407-973-****,he went in in December 2023 for denture fitting we were told by 3 different employees that my husband cost after insurance paid the benefit amount would be $1008, which we paid $8 on credit card and $1000 on our insurance flex card, I have been getting a bill for $252,I think you need to review this account also. I called humana our insurance company and they said that the code that aspen sent 5899 is for a removal procedure,niw I don't know what you all call a removal procedure for dentures when my husband removed them himself and put back in is mouth that you all wantbto charge $600 each for lower and under denture removal, this is outrageous. Please credit my husband account for $252.

Please call me on Monday May 6,2024 to further discuss this. Thank you Lena Augustin

Pros:
  • Convenient
Cons:
  • Prices of mouth wash and tooth paste to expensive
  • Watch your bills

Preferred solution: To zero out both my husband bill and my bill,this money is not owed!

User's recommendation: Watch your bills

Guest

Let us know if they ever call ; it would be a first. If they do, it will be to tell you to get lost. That's a big "if".

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2525788

I will, I requested for someone to call be back from local aspen dental, but I am still waiting.

View more comments (1)
Kendra Byo

| map-marker Griffin, Georgia

Poor service

They have been putting me off ever since I had my teeth extracted over a year ago. I have had my temporary adjusted so many times but unsessesful of my liking.

But they always say they look great!! But my family and friends say I look like a smiling *** Now going on third week for permanent dentures which they said would be ready two weeks ago.

I now have to wait another week without being able to eat... The dentist is great but after service is terrible!!D

Kylee B Qia

Nasty Comments from Staff

Aspen Dental - Nasty Comments from Staff

been calling for years, months, weeks. In regards to my permanent bridge.

There has been discoloration and pain since i have gotten the bridge. There is a balance due and it will not get paid until its fixed.

i have been very stern on that. They will not schedule an appointment until amount is paid.

Cons:
  • Disrespectful

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: do not recommend the springfield il office on veterans parkway

map-marker Arnold, Missouri

ASPEN DENTAL DOUBLE DIPPING. COLLECTING FROM PATIENTS AND INSURANCE

ASPEN DENTAL ARNOLD MO OFFICE. DONT GO!!

Look on line Aspen are being charged for this same thing in other states. They are doing it in MO. also. have been charged for several illegal things and there is even a fb page listing Aspen scams.

Aspen required me to pay up front and then billed & collected from my insurance company

Refusing to refund my money.

They keep changing their reason they wont refund my money. The latest is they billed be for future teeth cleanings.

Of course I was not told I was paying for the next 4 years of teeth cleaning

SAVE YOUF SELF MONEY AND AGGRAVATION. FIND A REPUTABLE DENTIST

User's recommendation: Don’t do business with aspen dental

Thomas W Vsu

Payment

I was told by the workers and doctor that my first appointment was free. I've only been there one time and I told them when they said that my insurance wasn't going to cover it, that it's OK and I could go somewhere else.

They told me the first appointment was free. That's the only reason I let them.

Preferred solution: Apology

Verity Gky
map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Billing

I had a service done and it was to be submitted to my insurance.

Aspen had a computer glitch that lasted over two weeks and it was not billed to my insurance and I did not receive a bill.

Showed up, however at Harris and Harris Debt collection in Chicago a year later.

Resolved
Rolinda Mqi

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Birmingham, Alabama

Resolved: Did not make partial to fit on first visit. They were suppose to make one that would fit and call me. The office never called or refunded my money. I want my refund. You advertise that you guarantee.

Aspen Dental - Did not make partial to fit on first visit. They were suppose to make one...
Updated by user Mar 08, 2024

Most definitely never.

Original review Mar 07, 2024

The office never called or refunded my money.

I want my refund. You advertise that you guarantee.

Services not completed I want a refund.

Carolyn Alexander

User's recommendation: Do go to Aspen. No one ever answers the phone no matter what number you call.

Rita M Ebv

| map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

Aspen Dental overcharging customers with insurance by charging us and the insurance company when insurance covers your procedure 100%.

Aspen looked into my issue, saw that I was owed money back, issued a credit and I will receive a refund in a few weeks.

Katrina L Qpa

| map-marker Kent, Washington

Got a voice message saying I had no insurance which I have

Updated by user May 25, 2024

Angie left voice message stating that in May 2023 I didn't have insurance that it was declined which I had insurance for the crown they charged me twice for. The first one lady measured it wrong dentist wouldn't even try to put on

Original review May 25, 2024

I received a email with a new way to log on to the portal I went in and it says I have a balance over $1,000 from a crown May 2023. First of all why am I just now seeing this you would think I would have received a bill in the mail and what took it so long I did have a crown done last year after they messed it up the first time they had to reorder another one so I might have got billed twice?

Mark N Vta

| map-marker Waco, Texas

Charged me $1882 for a simple deep cleaning!

Charged me $1882 for a simple deep cleaning! I had a 10 o'clock appointment and they didn't see me for over an hour!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Fraudulent billing

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Avoid Aspen dental at all costs!

Melissa R Odm
map-marker Clarksburg, West Virginia

Called many times today about my appt plus my friend also has called but no answer

I live two hours away and I was two mins late for appt and they wouldnt see me I even called and told them I was in sight of office but stuck in traffic. So went to another appt and the dr wasnt in the girl said she rescheduled but nobody contacted me I was getting upper denture but had on bill that tooth extraction, and few other things but they was not doing that part but I was being charged so had to go have that removed from my bill have been fitted for lower flipper and was told that upper denture and lower flipper was being made just to be told at last appt I had to start all over for lower.

That wasnt what I was told the first 4 appts.. also I had gotten covid and was sick for 4.5 weeks so I couldnt make appts until I got better after that is when they started being rude. I have first stage kidney failure so its hard to ride two hours when you have swelling from retaining fluids but cant reschedule when nobody can answer your calls. I have appts in Morgantown so I ask if they could see me one day it was for last appt and not one car in parking lot but the girl at front desk wouldnt even ask dr for meIm very disappointed in the treatment, I really hope I can do the last appt and Ill be going somewhere different for the lower.

Had I known that after four appts she would tell me I had to start over again for the lower after being told both was being made and I had been fitted for both Id went to a different office. I can only tell my experience with the clarksburg office, others may be great, but the clarksburg office makes Aspen look very bad!!

Cons:
  • No contact on appt reschedule
  • Changed what was agreed upon

Preferred solution: I want them to do what they said and I need to schedule my last appt because I couldn’t get to the one I had today nor could I speak to anyone because nobody answered the phone

User's recommendation: Make sure you keep all your paperwork and have in writing what is being done so at last minute it’s not changed on you..