dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth

Verified Reviewer
3.5
Yes I used to defend and refer - Aspen Dental review
Yes I used to defend and refer - Aspen Dental review
Hello. I am writing in regards to treatment and quality of my purchase and visit for a new partial denture tooth. 4 years ago or so I had a tooth made by another company. I was very dissatisfied so I sent to Aspen dental in Florence KY. All on the same day my partial...

If you had a partial made in one day, it was a cheap all plastic (or all nylon) partial that CANNOT be repaired. Good partials have a metal framework and usually take 5 appointments to fabricate.

They cannot be made in a day. No way. Every patient needs an extra partial or denture to wear in case one breaks. You did not have one so you got in a pickle.

What was supposed to happen is you were to come back and have a FINAL METAL PARTIAL fabricated. Then you would have that all plastic partial as a backup. But you did not do that.

Nonetheless, you made a horrific mistake going to swindlers like Aspen instead of a regular independent dentist. Bet you did it trying to cheap out, didn't you?

View more comments
Resolved
Review
Pros
  • Very nice staff overall
Cons
  • Amount of mistakes made
  • Could not get my dentures in a timely
  • Rude Behavior
  • Unprofessional And Complete Liars

Not happy with dentures want new ones made | Aspen Dental review from Bloomington, Indiana

4.0
i have been going for over a year now and my dentures still dont fit, very pissed iam not and will not go with out dentures!They messed the first ones wrong second ones something was going on at that office sent this pair out to be made well of course they dont fit.The doctorsaid they would give money back so i can go some other place!No i want a set that fits its paid for and i want a new set!

You could keep going to Aspen for the next hundred years and you would not get a wearable denture from them. Recent dental graudates have made very few dentures in school, and don't have a clue when thrown into a seedy joint like A$pen with not enough time to treat patients.

If that were not bad enough, they are forced to use the crummiest labs around. There is not way they can do a good job.

Best to get any money back you can and go to a dentist who knows what he is doing. Don't even think of going to another corporate chop shop like Affordable Dentures or Coast Dental.

Horrible experience | Aspen Dental review from Peabody, Massachusetts

3.5
6 months later with useless dentures and uncaring dentist. Would not even to truly attempt to fix the dentures so they fit. I finally had to use my own Dremel tool to try and adjust them myself, thus invalidating my plan. I had no choice since I couldn't get any help from the dentist.
Aspen Dental Dentures
Pros
  • Friendly staff on the first visit
Cons
  • Leaving with the same problem i went in with
  • Unprofessional
  • Not fixing dentures so i could wear them
Preferred solution
Just educate the staff to listen to patients and not spend someone's 5 minute appointment discussing social life with each other. I have dentures I spent a small fortune on and cannot use
  • Fitting Dentures
  • Flexilytes
4.2
I had my new dentures for six weeks and the upper denture cracked. it was the cheapest denture $800.00 but I felt they should have lasted longer. I was at lunch with group when happened 7/14/19. I rushed to the office and was told by staff that they closed at 1:00 pm...

No new denture should crack in half. Cheap dentures made of cold-cured plastic do.

See what you get when you are a cheapskate? Wait until that denture cracks a few more times, then tell us what you think of Aspen.

care given by Dr Jeremy Chen and Monica lab tech

Misinformation | Aspen Dental review

4.1
Angry At the end if 2018, I called Aspen Dental for a consultation visit. The first thing I ask the receptionist if they work with the type of implants I have (I had them since 1994), her answer was Aspen Dental can work with all kind of implants. I was very happy because I could not find a dentist who work with Novel Biocare implants where I live now. Everything went well I was informed the new dentures will be ready in two to three weeks and the cost will be $5,167.50. I received the new dentures a month later and to my surprise they were unfinished!! The doctor informed me I need to go for a consultation for implants with another doctor so the dentures can be completed, because my implants are so old it was very hard to find the parts. I went for the consultation and the new doctor gave me an estimated treatment plan for $5,923.80 extra. I have 3 months to return my dentures (3 weeks left) and don't know what to do, because the previous ones are broken.

I use Nobel Biocare implants because they are a reliable (but expensive) brand I can always find parts for. Even for the old Nobel implants.

Look, you would not go to a Jiffy Lube to have a jet turbine engine rebuilt. That would be stupid. Going to a sleazeball corporate clinic to service a fine implant system would be just as idiotic. Call Nobel Biocare.

They can probably refer you to a nearby dentist who uses their products. They are the most common implants out there.

Another idea is to find a prosthodontist in your area. Those guys know all the implant systems.

@Anonymous

I do not know if you read my whole complaint. I called Aspen Dental and was informed they able to work with my implants I believed them.

Not every body is as knowledgeable as you are, doctor. It will nice if you put your info to report you for treating others like stupid and idiots for not knowing what you know.

@Anonymous

Working with implants takes time, specialized knowledge, experience, and top-notch lab support. Aspen has none of these things and never will.

It is a shyster outfit run by Wall-Street crooks designed to take as much money as possible from patients and make them go to experienced dentists to pay again to have the shoddy treatment redone. It has always been so.

View more comments (2)
Aspen Dental Dentures
Pros
  • Most of the staff
  • Added fees

Friendly and competent. | Aspen Dental review from Capital, Illinois

4.2
Nobody likes to go to the dentist. Thus, often when the littlest thing goes wrong, or expectations are not met, then this triggers BRS (Bad Review Syndrome). I can't speak for everybody or every situation, but my 10 month experience with Aspen was better than I expected. I had 6 teeth pulled, one implant screwed in and a crown placed on it, and a set of upper dentures fitted for. Considering all this, it went well. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and the dentures fit! And when I lost a tooth on my new dentures, because I made some cookies that could have served as hockey pucks, they replaced it quickly and pleasantly, and at no charge. Braveo to the Dekalb-Aspen staff. I would eagerly recommend their services. Thanks Bob.

Bob, write us back in a year when you lose one of those infamous Aspen implants. Tell us how you feel then.

Write us again when you lose another denture teeth. Aspen's dentures are sloppily made. The wax isn't cleaned off the teeth before processing, so the bond with the acrylic often fails. The is the most common Aspen denture complaint.

There are two types of Aspen patients: 1. Those that have been shafted. 2.

Those that haven't been shafted yet. Glad you are still in category 2, but everyone who goes there eventually ends up in category 1.

Good customer service

My first visit to Aspen dental on 651 Nautica Dr. was not the dental care I was used to.

4.2
My dental hygienist allowed my mouth to fill with saliva during the cleaning, forcing me to instinctively swallow my own saliva until I asked for the suction device at which time she plopped it in the corner of my mouth. Secondly, after my fluoride treatment she wiped the sides of my face from what she called her," mess" she had made only for me to find when I left the office and looked in my mirror to find blue paste all over my lips. She could have said something or cleaned me up better. She tried to schedule me for xrays when I had them the day before. Perhaps her head was not in the game. If this was her way of getting rid of a client, she succeeded. I won't be back.

I will tell you where that hygienists' head was. It was thinking about "Help Wanted" ads she had been reading to get out of that sweatshop called Aspen.

It is the lowest-paying joint around. Working conditions are horrible. Hygienists are overbooked so they rarely have enough time to tend to patients properly, as you found out. Any hygienist worth a darn wants to get out of places like that ASAP.

You can do a lot better than Aspen for dental care. Just don't even think about going to a different brand of chain clinic charlatans.

Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning
This is the worst experience I had every had. - Aspen Dental review
I am very dissatisfied with the product I was sold. In 7 months I have lost 30 lbs. After 7000.00 dollars of work I can't eat or smile. Which is why I had this done is because I wanted my smile back. Well guess what I didn't get it. I am so embarrassed to be seen in...

You were crazy to let them pull all your upper teeth, lady.

View more comments
Aspen Dental Dentures
Cons
  • Quality of product
Loss
  • Improper Charges
  • Poor Quality Dentures
  • 1698 Was Told 1898 Was Charged

Aspen Dental is a money mill

4.0
I went to Aspen Dental when my insurance changed. My husband had gone there for a couple of years and had no problems. However, at the initial exam I was told I needed a deep cleaning, they added the price of a new Oral B electric toothbrush to my bill even though I told them I already had one, and fortunately only needed 1 filling. They charge the money upfront before they ever schedule the work. I will never go back to them.

What kind of businessman- dentist, surgeon, even bricklayer or plumber- demands you pay the whole fee up front before the work even is begun? Only a crook.

If you had fallen for that scam, the next discovery is that it would have been very difficult to get appointments to get the work completed. Then they would have made it difficult to impossible to get the treatment you paid for! A certain percentage of patients just give up and let A$pen keep the money for doing nothing. That is the way these scammers operate.

What probably happened is your new insurance plan is garbage with very low fees, and nobody but crooks like A$pen want to fool with it. ADVICE: Drop the garbage insurance plan, and pay cash to an honest dentist you know you can trust.

Aspen Dental Customer Care

2.1
Compare Aspen Dental vs Affordable Dentures

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

My crown fell out not even in a year | Aspen Dental review from West Melbourne, Florida

4.0
I would like my money back after all you say money back guarantee
Aspen Dental Dental Crown Service