dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth

Verified Reviewer
2.6

Update by user Dec 26, 2019

I requested my money back. I was still within the allowed time frame to request a refund.

Original review posted by user Nov 22, 2019

I purchased the best dentures money could buy. I received dentures that were too big, very sharp and jagged against the palate and gums, very painful despite a couple adjustments....

If you got them at Aspen, you certainly did NOT get the best dentures money can buy. You got the shoddiest most overpriced dentures money can buy.

If you wanted the best dentures money could buy, you would have gone to a prosthodontist and paid about $5000 for fully customized dentures. They would have featured Isosit teeth, custom tinted acrylic with a lot of anatomy, detailed bite records, remounted bite adjustments in an articulator after they settled in, and many other details that dentists at Aspen don't even understand. Because you see, making good dentures is in reality a very complicated task requiring a lot of appointments. Darn right you will never see a refund.

This crime syndicate is very cash strapped. Chalk this huge mistake up to experience.

Aspen Dental Dentures
Pros
  • Staff is friendly
  • Nice people
Cons
  • I did not like
  • Shoddy workmanship

Verified Reviewer
3.5
Yes I used to defend and refer - Aspen Dental review
Yes I used to defend and refer - Aspen Dental review
Hello. I am writing in regards to treatment and quality of my purchase and visit for a new partial denture tooth. 4 years ago or so I had a tooth made by another company. I was very dissatisfied so I sent to Aspen dental in Florence KY. All on the same day my partial...

If you had a partial made in one day, it was a cheap all plastic (or all nylon) partial that CANNOT be repaired. Good partials have a metal framework and usually take 5 appointments to fabricate.

They cannot be made in a day. No way. Every patient needs an extra partial or denture to wear in case one breaks. You did not have one so you got in a pickle.

What was supposed to happen is you were to come back and have a FINAL METAL PARTIAL fabricated. Then you would have that all plastic partial as a backup. But you did not do that.

Nonetheless, you made a horrific mistake going to swindlers like Aspen instead of a regular independent dentist. Bet you did it trying to cheap out, didn't you?

Review
Pros
  • Very nice staff overall
Cons
  • Amount of mistakes made
  • Could not get my dentures in a timely
Tags
  • Rude Behavior
  • Unprofessional And Complete Liars
My husband made me at appointment for our local Aspen Dental on 10/28/19 for the following day 10/29/19. I'm a new patient and went in for the X-Rays. Towards the end of that procedure the young tech tripped over the cord connecting the machine and the other end in my...

This wouldn't have happened if you had saved the tooth in question rather than insisting on having it pulled. Sometimes the tooth with the huge hole is actually not the one that is hurting.

Sometimes definitive diagnosis is difficult, especially when the patient has preconceived ideas of what is wrong, that are not really correct. If he had not extracted #13, you would have just waited until it got a cavity then demanded that it be extracted as well. Saving and taking care of your teeth is an alien concept to you. Trouble is, no good dentists really want patients who desire their teeth be pulled one by one.

They are depressing human beings to treat! Good luck in your further neglect!

Hope you are one of the patients who can actually wear dentures one day. Not everyone can, you know.

Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction
Cons
  • Customer care
  • Obviously overpriced unprofessional service
Reason of review
Horrible communication problems at this location.
1.6

Update by user Nov 04, 2019

Aspen agreed that the office clerks coded my procedure wrong therefore not only did they remove the extra charges but also gave us a refund for the over charges I had already paid

Original review posted by user Aug 30, 2019

My procedure was to pull all my lower teeth and make a denture. They drew up a contract...
Deonta

I'm having similar problem with them in Illinois. I was unaware that under my insurance I wasn't suppose to be billed until my dental plan paid them.

They are probably ripping off many people who don't know there is a balance in their accounts. They are suppose to follow the specific fee schedule under your insurance; though they have their own math I believe. In some case like mine, they are not to bill the customer ahead of time; they suppose to wait because they have a network agreement. This agreement was probably signed and a legal binding.

Make sure you cancel any future visits as well. I had a cleaning after the negative balance was showing, and they still are holding all my money until that is cleared with insurance. Even to make it worst they never submitted that claim over a month. They stated they did but my insurance has no record of submission or rejection.

Ticked about this I went to my insurer and waiting to see if their grievance and other departments can work this out with them. Otherwise going to right my State Attorney and BBB until this is resolved.

Still baffles me they didn't even know what EOB stands for. Beware of them they will hold your money and try not to give it away and delay.

Review
Pros
  • Extremely dissatisfied
Cons
  • Work only to their benefit
  • Worst customer service ever experienced
Problems with payment

Resolved: Front desk Coordinators | Aspen Dental review

Be warned that if you call to schedule a follow on a procedure that was done and your in pain, they will schedule 3 weeks out! Then, when you arrive for your appointment that you insisted you needed sooner because you couldnt wait that long 1. they will scheulule you 2. you'll arrive on time 3. They will say your not on the schedule 4. They will proceed to insinuate you are lying even after you show them proof you called them, and they called you back. 5. They will roll their eyes at you, mutter under their breath about you and you can still hear them. SO DISSAPOINTING. Too bad to because the Real Professionals, the Dr., the Hygieniest and the Manger are GREAT.

If they are competent REAL professionals, they will be gone in no time. No decent health professionals stick around to work for these low-paying scammers for long.

Any dentist or hygienist who works for Aspen is embarrassed to admit it to colleagues at any social gathering. Pretty much after they got your money, they will play all sorts of games with appointments. The object is to wear you down seeking appointments. The hope is they can keep your money, and you will just go elsewhere for someone else to do your treatment, paying the new guys a second time.

Of course, the treatment they recommended probably was not needed anyway, but that is another story. Shysters will be shysters.

Review
Pros
  • Dr hygienist and manger are professional
Cons
  • Front patient coordinators are unprofessiona
Fire Front Desk Patient Coordinators
2.4

Update by user Aug 27, 2019

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on 07/27/19 about Aspen Dental. Within 2 days I got a call from the local office from a woman saying she was new to the office and could not explain why I had to go through what I did. She apologized and told me she...

For God's sake, please don't take your children to aspen dental if you love them. Aspen only wants to rip out teeth sell junk dentures. I'm surprised they didn't try to sell you pre-teen dentures.

Aspen Dental Dental Insurance
Cons
  • Poor customer service and insurance filing
Pricing issue
Let the company propose a solution

Resolved: Refusal to honor warranty and poor repair of denture | Aspen Dental review from Tanner-Williams, Alabama

2.0

Update by user Aug 07, 2019

We decided it was not worth the trouble to follow up any further. Just will be sure people we kow will be forewarned. Thanks

Original review posted by user Jul 08, 2019

I took my upper pate to Aspen Dental Office located at 7765 Airport Blvd, Mobile Al.on Monday June 10th to have it repaired. They provided the service and charged me $148.00. On July 7th The plate broke again. I took the plate back again to Aspen.The clerk first told me it would be $78.00, and it would not be covered by warranty, though it had not been 30 days. She then said the Technician(?) said they didn't want to fix it. Went to another dentist, who did the repair properly. He said the the Aspen Tech used superglue instead of properly repair with Dental materials. The clerk today was not rude but was very cold. I feel the price we paid at Aspen should be refunded as the repair didn't last a month.

There is no honor at aspen dental. You were ripped off.

Good luck getting a refund from these crooks- without credible threat of a lawsuit. Don't celebrate yet.

Dentures usually crack for a reason. The biggest reason is they don't fit accurately and need a reline.

By the way, cheap dentures made from cold-cured resin are weaker and crack more easily. Heat-cured acrylic is stronger, but takes longer to process.

View more comments (1)
Aspen Dental Dentures
Cons
  • Poor managment and cs
  • Overall negative feeling
2.4
Very disappointed - Aspen Dental review
Very disappointed - Aspen Dental review

Update by user Jul 05, 2019

The dentist was very nice about the whole problem I was having he made everything right

Original review posted by user Jun 14, 2019

Well my initial appointment I was horrified the entire visit I cried screamed and was in pain I had partials made and they have broke twice in 2 weeks I’m also missing bone I do not...

Candice, Your only hope is to have a competent dentist make another partial. A good partial takes 5 appointments to fabricate and several adjustment appointments.

In my office they cost $1800-$1900. Cheap plastic ones like you had made do not last any time at all. If you were so scared of the dentist, you should have taken care of your teeth instead of having them extracted. From the looks of it, you have no more than 4 teeth left on the bottom.

It is a tough job to make a good partial with so few teeth and no implants. Why you went to a chop shop like Aspen instead of a reputable dentist is a mystery to me.

Aspen Dental Dental Services
Bad quality

Resolved: They do not provide the service as advertised. | Aspen Dental review from North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

1.8

Update by user Feb 10, 2019

They contacted me and canceled the invoice they had been billing me for five months. They also explained that the reason they did not clean my teeth is that my insurance carrier said they would pay for the cleaning only if my teeth were all in good shape.

That was not possible without me paying $8,000.00 for total bridge work. So I canceled my dental plan with Physicians Mutual which is another pissed off issue. DO NOT EVER USE PHYSICIANS MUTUAL for a dental plan. I now have HUMANA for prescriptions, vision and dental.

No deductible, and most of all, IT IS FREE. Thanks for helping me resolve this issue with Aspen.

Original review posted by user Jan 11, 2019

Listen to their automatic voice message. Notice they guarantee the price quoted is the price you pay. That is a lie. I went to the North Myrtle Beach location to have some troublesome teeth pulled and a partial bridge. My insurance also included a complete cleaning. My first visit they quoted me over $8,000.00 for all of the work I needed. After waiting a year for my insurance to kick in, I returned to have my teeth extracted, cleaning and a partial bridge. The total cost THEY quoted was around $900.00 for the work done after insurance. I paid it. Yet they NEVER CLEANED MY TEETH. Then, to my amazement, I got another bill for $129.00 as the balance due. 1. My bridge does not fit properly although I returned to have it adjusted. I have only worn it for a total of four days in the past seven months. 2. The amount they quoted, showed me before and after the work was completed, and I paid was evidently NOT the final price. I have contacted them and no one is ever available to discuss the matter with me and they hung up on me. I will never return to them under ANY circumstances. They are, bottom line, incompetent, although the dentist who actually worked on my teeth seemed to be OK. But, she evidently wasn't in charge of handling the business aspect of my experience. You may call me for specifics. John Fullagar 832 280-8378. jeftest@aol.com

You got to understand how the business model at these gyp joints work. Young dentists, and many time foreign dentists, are hired hand on a low commission.

They not control anything. Their job is to do the dentistry as best they can with the supplies and instruments and cheap labs they are given. They have no control over anything. Many times the office manager, who is bonused based on the money she collects, "upgrades" treatment plans or even adds things to it.

Aspen dentists tell me how aggravating it is when this happens. It is actually against the law, but what do they care? The whole goal is not to make you satisfied so you will return and refer friends and coworkers, but to squeeze as much money as possible from you, even if it means burying you in debt. No Aspen is owned by dentists.

They are owned by a private equity company named Leonard Green & Company LLC for the benefit of investors.

Please don't think other shyster outfits like Coast, Dental One, Great Expressions, or Western are any different. They are all cut from the same greasy mold.

Not as described/ advertised

2.1
Compare Aspen Dental vs Affordable Dentures

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Resolved: Put sealants on my Daughter's teeth without my authorization | Aspen Dental review from Eau Claire, Wisconsin

3.0

Update by user Jan 20, 2019

The Eau Claire, WI Aspen Dental office did pay for my Daughter's unauthorized sealants. I paid for the rest of the bill.

Original review posted by user Dec 19, 2018

I have been dealing with the Eau Claire, WI Aspen Dental for over a year and a half now. My Daughter went in for a yearly cleaning and check. I was in the waiting room. The Dentist went ahead without consulting Me and replaced all of her sealants. I ended up with a whooping bill of almost $1,000.00. I complained to the local office and the office manager said that I shouldn't have to pay for the sealants that were not authorized by Me. We decided to have them pick up those charges and I would pay the rest of the bill. I have no dental insurance. The bill was to be mailed to New York; so I told them that I would mail the check as soon as I saw the credit from them on my account. I have been checking and calling. No CREDIT from Aspen Dental on my account. The office manager is Eau Claire even told me not to mail the check until I saw the credit to my account. Today I looked still no credit to my account and now the bill has increased from $732.00 to now a balance due of $889.00. I am SO frustrated with this Company that I could scream!! I have tried to be fair; but I don't trust this Company at all. I think that the next time I am in Eau Claire, I will pay what I was supposed to pay in person and they can give me a receipt that shows I paid MY PART IN FULL. If they go after Me for the rest, I will consult an attorney. I hate this Company and will bad-mouth it to EVERYONE! Liars and scammers!!

I have learned my lesson. The Aspen Dental Office in Eau Claire, WI tried to work with Me.

I am not so angry with them as I am with the Company. Aspen Dental should be put out of business once and for all. They are NOT A REPUTABLE BUSINESS AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. I paid my bill in person today and said that I would not be back for any reason.

They left me hanging for over a year and a half before they even sent me another bill. I didn't know what was going on; even though I called often to check.

I have a new Dentist and am not wasting my money on Obama care Dental Insurance as they never pay anything anyway. Good Riddance Aspen Dental.

Why would you even BOTHER to go back to any A$pen location? After scamming you, you think should should give them ANY other chances!?!?

Good grief lady, there are good independent dentists everywhere including Wisconsin. Private dentists LOVE self-pay patients without insurance and do anything to keep them happy in their offices. Of all the places you could go, A$pen was the worst possible choice.

Now, prepare for a legal battle of around a year to get your rightful credit restored. By the way, I don't know anywhere that charges anywhere near $1000 for a child cleaning, recall exam, x-rays, and four sealants.

@Seasoned Dentist

Yes, I falsely believed that they would do right by Me. The Eau Claire Aspen Dental Clinic is not so much to blame as the ASPEN DENTAL COMPANY.

They lie and cheat and are NOT reputable. I paid my bill and learned my lesson. I went there originally because they were the only ones who would take my Dental Insurance. What a joke!

Obama-care dental insurance doesn't pay for anything anyway! What a farce. I now have found a different Dentist for my Daughter and Myself. I no longer am wasting my money on Dental Insurance either.

Just please as a Dentist tell your National Board to close down Aspen Dental permanently. Thanks, Barb

@Barb

Barb, Because Aspen is operating illegally in most states anyway, no Board can do anything about it. The only people that could wipe out the Aspen menaces is the state legislator or state attorney general.

Write both of them and urge them to shut Aspen down. FOUR STATE ATTORNEYS GENERAL HAVE SANCTIONED ASPEN ALREADY!

Barbara B
@Ted

Thank you Ted for the information. I appreciate it.

I paid my bill today and the Eau Claire, WI Aspen Dental Office did pay for the sealants that were done without my authorization. I had dental insurance at the time of my visit; but the office said that the insurance did not pay 1 cent on my annual cleaning and check-up.

I just hope that this is the end of Aspen Dental for Me. I will contact my state attorney general; because I hate to see what they are doing to people and want them stopped!!!

View more comments (4)