filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

Went in for an extraction pf my bottom left molar. They numbed it, but I could still feel everything with that tooth. So they gave me more numbing medicine, and I could still feel intense pain. I heard a crack and a jolt of pain seared through my body and I nearly lept out of the chair. They stopped the procedure and scheduled me to have the tooth extracted under sedation in two weeks. I was in so much pain at this point, and no one seemed to care. So I immediately went to have an emergency extraction at another place. Aspen dental is a large corporation with thousands of patients. They will do just fine financially without me and my familu as their patients, so it doesnt matter to them if they hurt me. They have a team of well funded lawyers to protect them from accountability, so its really not a suprise this happened to me. But I just want to let everyone know Aspen Dental is horrible. If you are thinking of going there, you should absolutely reconsider.
I went to the Aspen Dental Office on Blanding Blvd Jacksonville, FL. and had four implants and a plate made for my upper mouth. The cost was over $12,000.00. I told them I wanted the plate made with teeth that I could see when I open my mouth. After the implants healed the plate was made. I looked at it and the teeth looked normal size and the dentist put the plate in my mouth and if fit perfectly. HERE IS THE PROBLEM, when I went home and looked in the mirror I could not see my teeth. It took me awhile to figure out what was wrong. The cavity where my gums fit on the plate is about half a tooth down behind the teeth on the plate. In other words if your front teeth were removed and glued back onto your gums with only half the tooth below your gums, that is what I look like.I was scheduled for eye surgery in both eyes and could not return to the dental office immediately. When I was able to make an appointment to return and explain what was wrong they wanted to charge me over $1900.00 to make another set of teeth. All though there were signs around the lobby saying if you are not satisfied with your dentures we will remake them.Yegar L. Latham 904-584-4342
Read
I don't believe I have enough room on here to tell you everything that I have gone through...from paying $7,000 plus to have new comfortfit dentures made and implants in my lower denture to still waiting for the rest of the hardware to be delivered so that we can wrap up. I went on 6/12/18 to have them done and was told that the other office where I started all of this had not noted what size implant they had put in (that is another horrible story) so they would order what they needed and put a rush on it...well it has been 19 days and I still don't have it done. I feel I have been lied to numerous times. I have called and ask the manager or the assistant that was helping me to call me and they don't do it. I finally got in touch with the manager and he told me he would contact me at they end of the day to let me know what was going on...again...didn't happen. The last call said they didn't get everything they needed and would call when they got it. Not holding my breath! I will certainly tell anyone I can that they should not use Aspen Dental. I feel like I have thrown $7,000 down the drain! My name is Vicky Land and the 2 offices I have used are in OKC on Memorial and Stillwater, OK. What a rip off!!!
Read
Aspen Dental review - My husband has a serious infection...sent home with NO ANTIBIOTICS

Update by user Nov 01, 2014

First Page @ 2:09 am

Second Page @ 2:13 am

Third Page @ 3:02 am

Fourth and Final Page call center tried the Doctor on call directly @ 4:00 am Saturday, November 1st and there was no answer.

She then informed me that theres was no longer anything she could do for me my optio...

Pa

Before any dentist would ever do anything to an infected tooth....even a simoke extraction i had to take antibiotics....because if not it xan cause the jnfection to get worse spread. Wow

Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction
Pros
  • Holly
Cons
  • Not getting appropriate medication
  • Being lied to
  • Left with a serious infection
medical neglect
Full refund
Even though my husband is please with his LOWER dentures, we were totally suckered into paying over $6,000 for them. Because he really needed them, we were enticed into financing $2,500 after a down-payment of over $400. Because of his physical and mental state at the...

Aspen dental in *** georgia will trick you in a heartbeat into something big surprise especially if you're 55 and over...I saw it all on that day they gets your hopes so high in the cloud thinking you will comfy dentures with big teeth in a little mouth....That dentist does not need to be taking nobody teeth out without doctor prescription he filled that lady gums full of antibiotic that shes allergic to it...and did the exstraction that he was torching her mouth that her right jaw was way too far could damages her throat...She looked sooooo terrified....I wonder how much she paid for being torching by chowdhury...They will love to have your money than worrying your health problems..Trick you in that dental first financial without giving you copies of application and payment plans....Cause its in their computer system in their office.....Fraudster is their new name....

Review
Cons
  • Not explaining fully disclosing rules of financing
Financing/interest charged
Loss
As a self-employed 45 yr old with really good teeth and no health or dental insurance, I neglected visiting the dentist for 15 or so years. I had chipped a front tooth several years ago and had since developed a cavity which was causing discoloration, I also was aware...

Unfortunately it doesn't matter where you go, they're all the same.

Aspen Dental Dental Exam

Resolved: Aspen Dental review in Haverhill, Massachusetts: Nightmare! Mouth full of wrongly implanted micro implants and more

Aspen Dental review - Nightmare!  Mouth full of wrongly implanted micro implants and more

Update by user Jan 07, 2015

Its been a while since I updated so here I am! Still without dentures, still having pain.

I had the micro implants removed by a very reputable dentist. I have moved forward with my lawsuit and am waiting to hear back from the Aspen Dental lawyers.

I had also filed a complaint with Massachusetts Health and Human Services Dentistry Licensing Board. I sent many photos as well as what I had experienced.

They took one look at my photos and escalated my complaint. A very nice woman contacted me from the Licensing Board who asked me many questions. I also was informed of more things that the Haverhill Aspen Dental dentist did against dental guidelines. She also neglected to give the licensing committee ALL of my xrays, just like she tried to do to me!

I was told that alone shows her character! My complaint went before a dental peer committee, and it was agreed that they do not want her practicing. The last I heard from the Licensing Board was that she had lawyers trying to fight for her to keep her license. How long can she fight it?

I don't know... I just hope she loses it soon and doesn't hurt anyone else in the meantime!

Update by user Mar 01, 2014

My lawyer has taken my case. He himself is a dentist and knows what he's looking at.

I had also filed a complaint with the Department of Public Health, Division of Health Professions Licensure, Office of Public Protection. I have been in contact with this office, and they have been wonderful. My case has been expedited to go before the dental board for review. At this time I don't dare say to much, but they have given me some reassurance that my claim is legit.

I am anxiously awaiting to see what will happen to her license (License status is currently "probation!").

A even scarier point is, even if her license was taken away, her daughter is practicing under her! Kind of reminds me of a monster movie when you think its over and the monster is gone, but they pan off to a dark corner with a hatchling or baby.

Update by user Nov 23, 2013

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! Just an update on whats going on with me.

After posting my Aspen Dental Nightmare review I actually came into contact with the woman "AnnieFarber" who posted something similar has happened to her(her reply is below my post). We have drawn strength in each other, and we encourage each other to push forward. Her Aspen Dental Nightmare was in Iowa, and mine in New Hampshire. We spend hours online looking up information, and we are still amazed at all the carnage Aspen Dental has been leaving behind, ruining peoples lives!

We have each seen Lawyers. She has been damaged more then I have! Her Lawyer immediately took her case, while I am waiting for my Attorney to review all my dental records and xrays. If he doesn't take my case, I am not going to stop, I will find one that will!

I will update again, once I know I have an Attorney that will take my case(hoping by midweek I'll know).

Meanwhile there is strength in numbers! If anyone in Iowa had an Aspen Dental Nightmare, please send a message to my Facebook friend on the "Aspen Dental Nightmares" page.

Her attorney is looking for more people who want to file a claim against them(Iowa). https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspen-Dental-Nightmares/213106462203040

Original review posted by user Oct 24, 2013

PLEASE READ THIS... DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR THEM UNTIL ALL YOUR PROCEDURES ARE COMPLETE! I had all my teeth removed painlessly there, that is what I gave them the five stars for... but after that it was all down hill once we financed dentures and extended care. I have anxiety problems and have been a bad gagger since childhood and they were reminded of this at every visit! I could not keep the dentures in without gagging. We were told that in order for the dentures to NOT make me *** the roof could be taken off, but that would mean I would have to have micro implants, so my dentures could snap in place and not move. Again we were told we would need a better pair of dentures to accommodate the implants, and we financed yet again more work... The day of the implants being put in, I was not medicated properly and voiced my concern that I felt it wasn't working. They told me it was my anxiety! The first implant was unbelievably painful and I was told it was ghost pain! Needless to say when I left I needed a cold compress for my jaw, and I probably came close to leaving my finger prints permanently imbedded in the chair. My new dentures finally came in, and i went to get fit into the new denture, but two of the implants were still bothering me and I wanted to wait. The dentist decided to go ahead and not engage the two uncomfortable posts. They ended up gluing those two posts into the dentures and were yanking on them for at least 5 minutes before they realized they were stuck... all the time I was SCREAMING and I was being told it was good they were in so tight that means it was a good fit! It was like getting teeth pulled with no Novocaine! They had to drill holes in my new dentures to get me out. One implant is now useless from being ground down so much. And one of them is still uncomfortable and its been about a year. I have since seen a new dentist and had a 3D scan of my implants, 2 are almost up into my sinus, some angled incorrectly, and some are not even embedded into bone at all. Needless to say.. I will never step foot in there again! Do NOT be swayed by their free xrays and consultation, its not worth it!
Nahom

That must be what they did to me. They were raving how well I brushed Etc.

etc. And then, suddenly Dr. Sidney Schultz pulled out my top middle front teeth and his helper Jade threw it into the garbage. I was hoping for a miracle;that they could put the teeth they stole from my gums back in.

Those teeth were pristine.

While I had an old amalgam filling in a back molar that was begging to get fixed. lesliejjones@yahoo.com

Shanequa
@Nahom

Jade, please return my real teeth and I will give you some jewelry in exchange. Where can we meet?

I'll even pay for lunch or dinner. makelemonade100@yahoo.com

What was your outcome?

I feel your pain. I too have a lawyer who has agreed to take my case.

My dentist at aspen not only caused injury because she slipped while pulling a tooth. But she removed all the bone that dentures need to sit on in the back. I have no ridge my mouth is flat. She also tried to convince me my dentures were fitting right I just needed time to heal.

The dentures in the front were so tall I couldn't close my lips. I also couldn't eat with them because of how bad the flexed. Fast forward after a couple visits and the dentist telling how stupid I was and knew nothing of what I was talking about I went to see a new dentist to see if the way the top dentures were right. I was 3 weeks into the healing of all my upper teeth being pulled.

The new dentist was shocked. He too said the dentures fit so badly it was almost like I was wearing someone else's teeth. He said he would try to help by putting in a soft liner which didn't help much at all. And a week later the denture snapped from all the flexing.

So now the 1600 dollar dentures were gone and I had nothing. So out of pocket I had to pay 1200 for a new denture. I got a hold of Aspen told them not so ever nicely I want my money back and transferred myself to the new dentist. I also called my insurance company told them of the issue there reply why did I have all my teeth pulled on the top.Well The dentist Susan Lee stated due to me having a gastric bypass my teeth had lost all the calcium.

And if I wanted to save all my teeth it would run me about 17000. With fillings and root canals and caps that's how much it would run and that was with me having duel coverage. Or top dentures for 1600. I live on a disability income of 703 a month so I went with dentures.

Insurance said my teeth were nowhere needing all the work she said I would need. Any way Aspen said bring the broken denture in and they would refund the 1600 for the denture. And send the money to my insurance so that they could cover my new denture made by my new dentist which they did. My new dentures were amazing I loved them.

Now I get a notice from my secondary insurance they are now being built by Aspen for dentures. Wait what?I thought Aspen would have build both of my insurance. They didn't. That 17000 they said it would cost was after billing only 1 insurance.

Fast forward new dentist got my exrays and is even more upset. I had 2 cavities and didn't need a single tooth pulled. And even though the dentures he made fit fine now as weeks go by it is very apparent they won't fit very long because of my shrinkage as the healing goes on. All the soft liners in the world won't make dentures fit.

I need to have bone grafting done. As because of the damage if I want to have teeth again it will be only with implants. Which my dentist doesn't do. So my dentist said he will go to court and help me with my fight against Aspen.

He will and the other dentist in his office and his assistant. I wish any and everyone would read this blog before thinking of going to Aspen Dental. My lawyer is going for negligence for medical bills and future surgery I am going to need. Oh did I mention As0en fired my dentist and the office manager?

Yup 2 months after my extractions. In case someone reads this in my area I went to the aspen by Vancouver mall.

And the dentist is Susan Lee. I am not sure were she is working as a butcher dentist now.

Does a dental assistant need to do the X-rays. Or can it be the office manager?

Naketa

Oh Dear God, what a HORRIBLE thing to have to go through!! I hope you and the first writer get everything you are asking for.

I have been approached by two different dentists, and there is NO WAY I will EVER have this done now.

I got chills just reading your story!! Wish you the best!

@Naketa

I had all-on-4 dentistry, surgery and implants done without any pain in Ensanada in June and am entirely satisfied, I had a concierge with me most of the time plus half the accommodation was free. I went to Cancun on first of October to have my permanents fitted and now am still very pleased with the excellent work and attention received.

They paid for the flight and accommodation to Cancun which was more like a vacation. I go back in March for a checkup. The cost was approximately 1/3 the cost of the same work with same materials as in California.

I have only praise for my dentist. Of course I did much research and even followed up with other past patients.

Thanks for taking time to write all this...I can't believe they are doing this.

I was almost got by them.

@jay

I got screwed out of $1400.00 at the Killeen, TX office. Was told I needed a root canal and new crown so I agreed to it cost $2400.00.

Which I now know I could have gotten at a reputable Dentist for $ 1795.00.

But the issue is first the Dentist said he could save tooth after he removed the old crown the cavity was small he could fix it and put new crown. Sounded good. But first crown he put in chipped first night, so go back he hammers and chisels it out almost broke jaw. Put another crown in, in about 6 weeks I had swollen jaw, gums under tongue look like I had golf ball in jaw severe pain so I called on Friday morning was told couldn't see me until following week.

I said NO my tooth is assess, I have to see someone today, was told someone would me back, didn't so about 2:00 pm severe pain all this time, I called the emergency line, Dr called me back and called in some antibiotics said come in following morning, I did, xrayed tooth and said you gonna have to get root canal, but Im sending you to specialist. So I spent $ 1400.00 for nothing but pain and misery now got to pay someone else to fix my tooth. $2,000 more. I have asked for refund of my money have not received it.

But will pursue it further if needed.

BOTTOM LINE DO NOT GO HERE!

Jut went yesterday to the Bridgeton, MO location for the free x-rays and consult. They want $2000 for a cleaning, two fillings, sedation, and surgical extraction of my two impacted wisdom teeth (which of course will be done by an oral surgeon who is not based at their location).

I was going to follow through with letting these people drain my money from me...of which I have very little already. I am a single 21 year old full time college student with no insurance...so of course their "payment plans" (aka financing with insane interest rates) seemed attractive, as well as necessary.

I'm so very happy I did my research before paying them a dime. I cannot believe they are allowed to continue practicing under their current business structure.

@JordanMarie

They are practicing illegally in Missouri to start with. State law requires dentists to own practices.

A$pen's work-around is to have the dentist own a "shell corporation" which owns nothing, but gives A$pen the right to "manage" his practice in perpetuity.

That is the scam that A$pen and other predatory corporate dental chains play around the country.

Board of dentistry can only discipline dentists. They cannot discipline executives and investors who are not dentists.

I thank God I chose not to proceed with their services for my daughter! I had a bad feeling and cancel all further appointments. Only thing they did was xray and the examine.

@sara

You are a very smart person. Share the word. Down with aspen.

Bad or faulty implant work can be devastating to the patient. It means you can't wear the denture and have no teeth.

I've worked in law firms as a paralegal and have seen it first hand. There have been attempted suicides over bad implants.

Not having teeth and having chronic severe pain in your mouth is devastating physically, psychologically and emotionally. These people should sue and win punitive damag

@Angela

Everything you say here is true including the attempted suicide I did win my case but I settled out of court because ,although my lawyers thought my attempt might help my case...Aspen Dentals lawyers dug deep into my past trying to see what other problems I have had unrelated to my teeth and my lawyers said they would pick me about on the stand and they were worried I wasnt strong enough..which I wasnt. So I settled..so Please if you do go to lawyers be strong..be proud of what you are doing, bringing this company down..helping yourself to get better..As of today 4 years later I am still hurting..even tho I won my case my lawyers took half and the repairs I need are way above what I won from the courts.

Dont settle fight for yourself.

I am now close to the mexican boarder where a wonderful dentist who I have heard about Dr.Martinez in Naco who I hope will be able to help me..for less money ...money that we dont have..sold our house and everything in it and bought a Rv to live in and travel..which I am enjoying but wish I cold enjoy all the different foods and wear my teeth and go

places..but the pain is to intense to be out for long. I am hoping he has a payment plan as we are living only on my husbands Retirement and my small business I do from the Rv.

So please pray for me and my husband who has endured all this with me that we can get things right for me again.

I am not allowed to mention Aspen Dental so I am anonymous now, but

I was a heavy poster in this discussion and Aspen Dental Nightmares on facebook..Please do your research..get 2nd opinions..I didn't even have to have my teeth taken out ..bridge work would of worked great..but I was *** and took their words They were DRs after-all. Even tho I found out later mine was fresh out of school.

We used there care credit program which is now also in a Civil Law suit..because we didnt have insurance. Still havent heard if I will be or my mother who was the main name on the card mine was second awarded any money.

Just be aware if you do go take notes get everything they say in writing.. begin a journal.things I should of done and it would of been easier for me to win my case on facts other than the fiction Aspen Dental Lawyers were trying to make surface.

Vertis
@CF

Is this Dr. Martinez the one in Arizona?

What a nightmare you went through, how these people are still in business and running commercials on tv is just mind blowing, it was that commercial that took me here after doing a search. All I can say is when it comes to your teeth especially at this stage of things 1) get a second opinion. 2) Find an actual Dentist/Surgeon who does this and avoid these type of "franchise" outlets, it's going to cost you the same or a little more but it's worth it if you want quality work and results. 3) Take care of your teeth with at least yearly visits to a reputable Dentist so that you can avoid ending up in need of dentures.

4) Dental universities are good places to go if they have dental programs that are usually income related, it's where our family went back in the '60's, they have to learn on someone and it's a good trade off. 5) A good Dentist will tell you to see a periodontist who will tell you what your options are and even if this means taking out the teeth you have left, it's because the sooner you get the metal for implants in or so you can be able to snap your dentures onto those metal anchors, makes your body think you still have teeth and that will stop the bone loss. If you lose too much bone there's not much you can do except hope that a bone graft using your own bone or yes from a deceased's bone will be your only options. 6) Beware of having your wisdom teeth removed unless they are causing you real pain, I've read articles that say many Dental Surgeons think that this can lead to gum disease due to the pockets not fully healing shut.

At least I have a Dentist who is honest enough to tell me I'm beyond that and you don't realize it has to be done over again and again every so often, and the surgeon who removed my teeth also was honest about this and as hard as it was to hear, I should have listened to all of them when they said you should just have them all removed so we can at least preserve the bone. It wasn't due to my not caring for my teeth, but once you're battling gum disease it can be impossible to get those abscessed pockets to close up completely and all it takes is one tiny speck of food getting into one and the whole process repeats. It was a case of no money or insurance until it was too late, and being told at 42 years old that you're better off letting us (public Medicaid Dr. and not a nice one) pull them, when all your teeth feel tight, just keep having abscesses, it's only natural to reject that in favor of trying to do all you can to avoid that, gum surgery etc.

My dentist was dismayed at the "clearcut" as she called it that the periodontist did to my gums, she felt it was too much considering it was obvious I took care of my teeth, no cavities except old ones from childhood. I wish I'd listened to them and all I can do is hope that one day they will be able using stem cells, to be able to use my own tissue to grow gums and bone maybe even teeth, I've read much about this but they just aren't quite there yet, they're working on it and I have hope whenever I hear about growing body parts, organs etc. I have an upper that needs relining which the first one will be at no cost to me, but the lower is as they all told me, nobody likes their lowers because it's difficult to get comfortable ones that don't press against the inner portion below your tongue. At least they now have 3'D computer mapping to get you the best fit possible, because once too much bone is gone, those trays the dentist uses aren't made to get impressions with so much bone loss and are so painful to press down on until the "plaster" they use sets, they can't use lidocaine either.

Want to torture someone? All you need do is press down really hard on that portion of a person's mouth and they'll tell you anything you want to know. Lastly, it's a cryin' shame that the insurance industry regards dentures and implants as "cosmetic" and therefore won't pay for them, some will help with 1st denture only, it's our teeth and a person's health starts with what you're able to eat.

Also, if you're smoking or know someone who is, tell them that it will lead to gum disease and help them or yourself to stop by using any of the options out there, I switched to vaping and it was very easy, I wish I had known this way back when I was a teenager, I never would have started. Good luck to us all and either pray or just hope, send the thoughts out there that the people working on all these new advances will be successful sooner than we or they think possible.

You are whats wrong with this country! You make me sick.

I hope your lawyer charges you thousands and thousands of dollars for your bs lawsuit that you will never see a dime from. But het you can always just sue someone else to make your living .

@Disgusted

you are a sad person who could respond with a comment like that..this person was wronged by a company who should not be allowed to do what oral surgeons should do..they are not qualified,. who only are out to get there daily quota as far as money for the company,, a company who gives incentives and bonuses for meeting those goals..Please dont make this kind of assumption with out good knowledge of what you are saying..there are many Aspen Dental victims out there.read up on there stories before you comment on this.

Or maybe you are the dentist who did this to her... retaliating you certainly are not a person with compassion.

@Disgusted

So "Disgusted", I take it you work for Aspen?!

@Angela

Yes, I do work for aspen dental. Why do you people feel the need to come here and tell the truth. It is hurting my paycheck.

@Anonymous

Get another job...maybe with a Reputable Dr. Of Denistry! New paycheck

@Disgusted

This comment must have been written by an Aspen Dental dentist!!!

@Disgusted

You lack compassion, and whether you are the dentist or not, that is responsible, you are not taking responsibility for yourself or the Aspen group you represent. Likely the only way you will learn compassion is to one day go through something similar to what these injured people have.

I pray that you get well soon! thanks for sharing... I will NEVER set foot at aspen

That place is a total scam job..I went in there on a Mon because of tooth pain..they examined me and said they could Pull it Fri..then they send you into the finance man who immediately wants you social security number so he can see if you get credit....I never went back and had my regular dentist pull it the next day..no problem.@ weeks later I get a $2000 charge on a credit card..they said they were charging me in advance for procedures they would be doing :( ..IT took 1 week to get this all straightened out and I would never recommend that place to anyone!!

@lillibird

No honest dentist ANYWHERE bills the procedures before they are actually done. That is clear FRAUD!

Carole F

Aspen Dental is not a good place DO NOT go there..Ruined my life !!!!!!!

:( oh my god.. this is exactly what happened to me... they pulled 15 teeth and slapped on some temporary dentures that made me *** and would not stay in.. they kept putting soft liners in.. so i waited almost a year for my permanent dentures and when i was about to get them i saw there ad for implants... i was asking about it and they said yes those would be good for you .. they had not applied a 2500.00 credit to care credit the financing i found out...( i had the credit due to the fact that i found out that my teeth when they removed them didnt have to be surgically removed..they came out easily.. they had mentioned the credit that might happen afterwards to the account when we first started the process of getting dentures. that credit was not applied to care credit for almost 6 months.. and we found out about it when i asked if my teeth had to be surgially removed and they said no none of the did.. 6 months of them not applying the credit to care credit I dont know who is to blame for that... ) okay so back to the implant discussion when i was talking to them she was already getting it set up for them and i said wait we have a credit of 2500.00 and some odd cents that we could use for this right? Since we had paid off the balance due way before we found out that we had a credit. I am sorry that this bounces around so much.. so much to tell about my experience,,

So anyway my xrays were up and i knew that i had alot of bone loss. so I HAd to ask them did i have enough bone on the top for implants.. and after i was already set up for an appt the dentist came in and saw that indeed i did not have enough bone at the top.. so they took that off...and they were only going to be able to do the bottoms...so the appt lady.. finiance lady i dont know what she was... she was so fast in getting it all in the computer.. it was like yeah. i am on a commision and i scored with this patient..

So i asked then the credit that we should of gotten can go towards this procedure she said.. I would not owe anything..I thought it was wierd.. i mean is my money just out there in aspen dental land somewhere and could be applied to this procedure but yet it couldnt be applied to care credit? anyway that was a nightmare.. and i figured if i can get my teeth to stay in it will be worth it...so everything was taken care of for the implants..

I have panic attacks horrible and take an ativan one hour before appt 10 minutes before appt and have an extra one if i need it during appt.. well i waited to long the 2 i took didnt do much so they told me take the 3rd one.. i dont even remember walking back to the procedure room.. all i remember is i woke up in the back set of our car screaming because it hurts so bad... they didnt tell my family anything only for me to keep my temp dentures in.. he was so frantic with my pain that he didnt hear to much they were saying....

I was in so much pain for about 3 days.. then i started to feel less and less pain... but i noticed that the implants one was in crooked... and my gums were so inflamed ( i also had gum disease) and a episode of facial cellulitis that i was hospitalized with after i went to them for a bad tooth problem before i even thought about dentures..) I dont know how you get facial cellulitis but that pain was worse than having a baby..i was in the hospital for 3 days hooked up to antibotics that had to be given intravenously every 4 hours.

So i healed a bit with the implants.. my temps dentures were all so ill fitting with the implants i had to put over them as i wasnt healing right and i had to get a cleaning.. on my implants.. another appt i dont remember. and we had no more info as to what we should do... only my next appt to get my permanent dentures in 6 months after i had healed completely.. by this time i was wanting food solid food. meat.. meat.. i needed protein.. i was living on mashed potatoes and creme of wheat and yogurt,,

Finally my teeth were ready...the crooked implant would be fine they said the implants have a 30% rotation room.. something like that... oh my god when i was told to snap on ,y bottom teeth it hurts so bad i was crying even with being all doped up..... and then they had me try to get them off.. i could not and i was in so much pain.. finally they gave me another ativan to calm me down.. i was told to go home i wasnt healed enough so another month and we tried again..finally they were okay.. but i clanked when i moved my mouth. these didnt feel like my teeth i had in these were really bad.. they removed them and put in again.. i dont know if they had mistakenly put someone elses teeth in me.. but these were bareable and i was told that it would take time to get used to them.. i mentioned there nap on teeth ad where people could go out and eat right afterwards.. well not everyone they said... it has been 2 years now and i still cant eat meat.. i have to use fixodent on my uppers to keep them in place.. but food still get underneath.. what food i can eat. i cant eat lettuce it feels like paper in my mouth i cant chew i have no ridges on my teeth.. i know i should go back to them for cleaning that they said i need every 3 months on my implants.. but i cant go near there anymore...they sent me out of there with some prescription mouth wash and a special tooth brush..that they charge me 41.00 for.. when i was told everything was paid for due to the credit not being applied to CARE CREDIT... Do NOT use CARE CREDIT.. it is so messed up..dont fall for procedures they say you can have done..

I should of realized this when a dentist i went to years ago and he said he would bankrupt me with everything i needed done.. and said i should go to Iowa City College of Dentistry and be able to make payments according to my income... but magically ASPEN DENTAL could do this for me.. what can you do after your teeth are all pulled.. you have to have faith in them.. but as soon as i found out they didnt credit our account or didnt apply the 2500 to the credit card.. we didnt know anything about it until i bought up the question were my teeth surgially removed.. and after hearing "oh no they werent" magically i had enough money for these implants but they were going to do the top also until i asked the dr.. the woman was already getting my appt ready for top and bottom.. and dr said no tops.. but bottoms.. well after 2 years of not being able to eat what i love only mush... because i cant chew...anything i take the smallest of bites..So I havent been back.. i could not understand my aspem dental dentist.. and he thought i was a big baby..."Mite and Mile mite and mile..." he was saying to me.. what ????? i couldnt they had given me the wrong teteth to put in my mouth...it was a friggin nightmare.. and I wish i knew how I could report them and all the trouble i had with them.. they also said i was owed 230.00 and they were going to send us a check.. it never came and they said oh we credited care credit..it was never done.. and we haven.t paid the 41.00 we owe for the special toothbrush to use on my implants or the mouth wash.. something is not right with this company.. and i think All about eyes and ASpen Dental and Care Credit are in this together ,, they are corrupt or something... not good business for sure..

I hope Someone else will let me know if you hear of a class action suite against them or Care Credit... Because i have a case.....

Carole Farber :(

my costs 8500.00 for dentures

2500.00 for bottom implants 6 of them

Samyrah
@Carole F

They were supposed to pull ALL my teeth and before they put implants in, I noticed a lump on the outside of my gums and I showed it to them. They did a xray and found out it was a wisdom tooth.

Its not through the skin, but you can see the actual shape of the tooth on the side of my gums. And they still put implants in without removing that tooth! That was another mistake they did. We were not given any other alternatives for teeth!

Since my visit with my new dentist, he said there were other alternatives then micro implants.. I didn't have to have a mouth full of metal! My new dentist also said he could have used the first pair of dentures I got, but Aspen said we needed another paid..more money for them. My new dentist also said that if I went through and used the implants that within 6 months they would probably fall out because they are not imbedded properly!

He (my dentist) was so mad he actually used the word "Malpractice. If I smile big, I can feel my gums pulling over the implants, and its not really painful, but uncomfortable. From time to time I have pain, especially from the implant that was the loosest. When putting in the implants, she only took an xray of one implant....and its the one that bothers me the most and the one that is almost NOT in any bone...

and she had to have known this.... why else would she xray only one implant..and it be that one?! They are out for your money and nothing else!!

Carole I wish you the best!!!!! Nobody deserves to be treated the way we were!

@Samyrah

I hope you sue for malpractice: to start with, it was wrong of them to leave that wisdom tooth. You can bet that they already knew or at least suspected that the lump was a wisdom tooth- they only x-rayed it because you called attention to it.

These are trained dentists- they must have known that the lump could be a tooth. They had certainly seen that sort of tooth before.

And that dentist x-rayed the bad implant just to see how bad it was. At least report them to the department of your state that takes complaints- sounds like the 2nd dentist may support you in a report, and when the state does an investigation.

View more comments (28)
Resolved Featured
Aspen Dental Dental Implants
$12000
  • dental haverhill mass
  • dentist haverhill ma
  • dental haverhill massachusetts
  • aspen dental haverhill
Aspen Dental review - This place is a scam.lies about true price. comes after you for more money before the job is complete
SEE MY PHOTOS PLEASE These are from the. 4939 E 82nd St Ste D500 Indianapolis, IN 46250 location. This place is a scam! even down to there reviews on there site. THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR CREDIT! I PAYED CASH UP FRONT AND THEY STILL SAID I OWED! They will lie about every...
Shanequa

He drugged me with a syringe and tore out my top front teeth. Then he stuffed in a cheap line of fake teeth.

I am assuming they will use them for the screw in teeth that can crack a jaw. I was drugged and I woke up with my clothes in array. I was in another room, too afraid that the monster would come after me, but I'm ready for him now with the help of many others. What is next ?

It seems that everything goes, but it's bound to blow!

What is next? makelemonade100@yahoo.com All for the love of money!

Review
Pros
  • Nol
Cons
  • Not filing correctly with my insurer
  • Do not stnd behind their work
  • Poor car salesman customer service tactics
Damaged or defective
  • Poor Customer Complaint Service
If you have been a patient of Aspen Dental and you believe that you have received unacceptable dental care resulting in: - Physical injury associated with the dental care provided - Unnecessary, excessive or questionable dental treatment - Poorly fitting or...

No one should go there they lie

Review
#191707 Review #191707 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Verified Reviewer
3.5
Aspen Dental review - Yes I used to defend and refer
Aspen Dental review - Yes I used to defend and refer
Hello. I am writing in regards to treatment and quality of my purchase and visit for a new partial denture tooth. 4 years ago or so I had a tooth made by another company. I was very dissatisfied so I sent to Aspen dental in Florence KY. All on the same day my partial...

If you had a partial made in one day, it was a cheap all plastic (or all nylon) partial that CANNOT be repaired. Good partials have a metal framework and usually take 5 appointments to fabricate.

They cannot be made in a day. No way. Every patient needs an extra partial or denture to wear in case one breaks. You did not have one so you got in a pickle.

What was supposed to happen is you were to come back and have a FINAL METAL PARTIAL fabricated. Then you would have that all plastic partial as a backup. But you did not do that.

Nonetheless, you made a horrific mistake going to swindlers like Aspen instead of a regular independent dentist. Bet you did it trying to cheap out, didn't you?

Resolved
Review
Pros
  • Very nice staff overall
Cons
  • Could not get my dentures in a timely
  • Amount of mistakes made
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution
  • Rude Behavior
  • Unprofessional And Complete Liars
2.8

Update by user Aug 31

the original price and I ask them a price be complete for everything and ask them for the BEST SET of DENTRUES they have and was told $8000.00 for which I had to borrow and paid them in full and I,m still paying. Then after the first visit I was then charged and this...

Same story time after time: Patient goes to Aspen Dental Crime Syndicate or another sleazy joint like Affordable Dentures hoping to save money. Young dentists working there take well-known short cuts, use cheap supplies, use cheap horrible dental lab, and fabricate sloppy dentures that patient cannot wear.

Patient gets mad. After a few tries of improving dentures, dentist gives up. Patient requests a refund but sleazy corporate clinic refuses all refund requests. So patient has to go to a competent dentist- what they should have done to start with- and have good dentures made over and pay for it out of pocket.

Will patients ever learn their lesson? No, I have seen the same thing happening for the 40 years I have been practicing dentistry. There is a sucker-cheapskate born every minute. Incidentally, cancer therapy doesn't do a thing bad to teeth.

Sometimes it makes the mouth dry a bit, which makes caries more probable. Guess what?

A dry mouth without enough saliva also makes it hard to wear dentures. You would have been better to keep your teeth and wear a custom tray filled with fluoride every night.

Aspen Dental Dentures
Pros
  • Look of the office
  • Dr hygienist and manger are professional
  • Staff was fine
Cons
  • Suprise payment when i went for my final partial
  • Costs
  • Cant eat or talk
Not as described/ advertised
Let the company propose a solution
  • dishonest
  • Unwanted Add-ons
  • Bad Dental Work
  • Bad Aspen Dental Dentures
1.2

Update by user Jan 08, 2018

APPT#5Went to appt #5 to get the dentures RE-Made!. The gentleman technician was very thorough in his evaluation and Had a "waxed" trial set up by that afternoon, of course, AGAIN, I had 3 HOURS of waiting and starving, unfortunately it was right at lunch time,and...

Gunhild

I agree this is not a simple process but as UCLA Prof stated , they should have cast the implants INTO the denture base. (I have had a few dentures over the years, and I agree this IS the way it is usually done) These are the worst impressions I have ever seen!

As you see (in the photos) they are not even close to the Original, I wear now.

Not to mention the "branding" with your name on the inside of your mouth? I have NEVER seen that before.

Featured
Aspen Dental Dentures
Pros
  • At first they were nice
  • Until the dentures arrived 15 days later
Cons
  • Injured gums trying to force fit these ill made dentures
Bad quality

2.1
Compare Aspen Dental vs Affordable Dentures

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions
I want my real teeth that the Oshkosh Aspen dentist Dr. shutlz tore from my mouth, most likely to use for screw in teeth. Hopefully you have come to your sense's and if you return my real teeth, and though it may be very unlikely, maybe it can be integrated back into...

I don't understand. You only had THREE TEETH left that were extracted?

That is not enough to do anything with. Something about your story doesn't add up. I doubt even the A$pen scammers would extract 3 teeth in "pristine" condition. IV sedation requires an informed consent.

Did you sign a consent for anesthesia? If so, you have no case. Extracting teeth requires an informed consent. Did you sign a consent for extraction?

If so, you have no case. You asked no questions when they took an impression for your temporary partial? They had to have taken one to be able to make a patient to deliver the day of extractions.

Don't worry about one thing: There is NOTHING useful they could have done with your extracted teeth. You husband was a *** for changing your insurance to a plan that required going to scammers like A$pen.