Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

Went in for an extraction pf my bottom left molar. They numbed it, but I could still feel everything with that tooth. So they gave me more numbing medicine, and I could still feel intense pain. I heard a crack and a jolt of pain seared through my body and I nearly lept out of the chair. They stopped the procedure and scheduled me to have the tooth extracted under sedation in two weeks. I was in so much pain at this point, and no one seemed to care. So I immediately went to have an emergency extraction at another place. Aspen dental is a large corporation with thousands of patients. They will do just fine financially without me and my familu as their patients, so it doesnt matter to them if they hurt me. They have a team of well funded lawyers to protect them from accountability, so its really not a suprise this happened to me. But I just want to let everyone know Aspen Dental is horrible. If you are thinking of going there, you should absolutely reconsider.
I went to the Aspen Dental Office on Blanding Blvd Jacksonville, FL. and had four implants and a plate made for my upper mouth. The cost was over $12,000.00. I told them I wanted the plate made with teeth that I could see when I open my mouth. After the implants healed the plate was made. I looked at it and the teeth looked normal size and the dentist put the plate in my mouth and if fit perfectly. HERE IS THE PROBLEM, when I went home and looked in the mirror I could not see my teeth. It took me awhile to figure out what was wrong. The cavity where my gums fit on the plate is about half a tooth down behind the teeth on the plate. In other words if your front teeth were removed and glued back onto your gums with only half the tooth below your gums, that is what I look like.I was scheduled for eye surgery in both eyes and could not return to the dental office immediately. When I was able to make an appointment to return and explain what was wrong they wanted to charge me over $1900.00 to make another set of teeth. All though there were signs around the lobby saying if you are not satisfied with your dentures we will remake them.Yegar L. Latham 904-584-4342
I don't believe I have enough room on here to tell you everything that I have gone through...from paying $7,000 plus to have new comfortfit dentures made and implants in my lower denture to still waiting for the rest of the hardware to be delivered so that we can wrap up. I went on 6/12/18 to have them done and was told that the other office where I started all of this had not noted what size implant they had put in (that is another horrible story) so they would order what they needed and put a rush on it...well it has been 19 days and I still don't have it done. I feel I have been lied to numerous times. I have called and ask the manager or the assistant that was helping me to call me and they don't do it. I finally got in touch with the manager and he told me he would contact me at they end of the day to let me know what was going on...again...didn't happen. The last call said they didn't get everything they needed and would call when they got it. Not holding my breath! I will certainly tell anyone I can that they should not use Aspen Dental. I feel like I have thrown $7,000 down the drain! My name is Vicky Land and the 2 offices I have used are in OKC on Memorial and Stillwater, OK. What a rip off!!!
Most Helpful

Aspen Dental in Goshen, Indiana - My husband has a serious infection...sent home with NO ANTIBIOTICS

Aspen Dental - My husband has a serious infection...sent home with NO ANTIBIOTICS

Update by user Nov 01, 2014

First Page @ 2:09 am

Second Page @ 2:13 am

Third Page @ 3:02 am

Fourth and Final Page call center tried the Doctor on call directly @ 4:00 am Saturday, November 1st and there was no answer.

She then informed me that theres was no longer anything she could do for me my options were to go to the ER, Urgent Care, or call back during business hours...

Some After Hours Emergency Line outstanding customer service aspen...

Original review posted by user Nov 01, 2014

My husband called me on his lunch break and asked me to make him an appointment to have a tooth pulled. I called and he had his tooth pulled @ 3:00 on Thursday October 30, 2014. The doctor told him that since the tooth was the source of infection he would not need any antibiotics and was only given Norco for pain. Needless to say when he woke up Friday October 31, 2014 for work his entire left side of his face all the way down his jawline and into his neck is swollen 3 times as it was when he laid down for bed. I called Aspen at 1:00 pm Friday the 31st and seriously had to plead with the dentist to please fax some type of antibiotic to our pharmacy. I explained to him that my husband's face and neck was severely swollen and the pain he is having is beyond that of your typical extraction. He insisted that this swelling is normal and that he didn't need antibiotics because the tooth was gone. After a few more minutes of explaining his symptoms they finally agreed to fax the prescription for him. I gave them the name of the pharmacy as well as the phone number. Thanked them and hung up. Well several hours later, I called my pharmacy to find that they never sent anything for my husband... Who as of right now cannot move his neck and has a temperature and feels weak and faint... I am so angry and I would like some advice as to what I should do from here...I called the emergency line 4 times and was hung up on at least one time on purpose, put on hold and the call was disconnected once. And am currently waiting for a call back from a Doctor supposedly within a 20 min time frame, I'm not going to hold my breath though.

I'm surprised aspen dental didn't try to get you to sign for a $6,300 loan at 16% interest like they did me! Oh yeah, another dentist told me I didn't need half the work aspen dental tried to get me to pay for.

The idiots working at aspen dental's finance office told me sheep have more *** tendencies than any other 4 leg animal. Way to try to distract me when I am signing for a huge loan.

Just more proof of how aspen dental sucks *** and screws people. Total scammers.

Another victim customer bites the dust. Just another person wasted!

ScaredWestHighlandTerrier809

If I were you i'd file a lawsuit. against ADental

@ScaredWestHighlandTerrier809

What would you sue for??? They didn’t do any work.

Why not hold some accountability for the person to take care of their own mouth.

I struggle to pay bills, but I brush and floss and don’t smoke. People wait to long to fix problems.

OmniscientKomodoDragon295

Wost *** dental office in the world they need to be shut down

AutomaticAdeliePenguin
@OmniscientKomodoDragon295

Aspen dental are crooks. They love the vulnerable customers who they can rip off and take advantage

@OmniscientKomodoDragon295

Aspen dental isn't even a dental office. Its just a place that steals from the weak, elderly and those in pain. May aspen dental burn in hello.

Pretty stupid of your husband to wait until he has a toothache to go the dentist, then demand it be extracted instead of saved. Then to compound the problem, you take him to the scummiest corporate chain clinic around, instead of a regular dentist who owns his practice.

@Anonymous

Correct. He could have avoided this with a 98 cent toothbrush from Walmart .We se this as his problem. AspenDentalCustomerService

@Anonymous

So Aspen Dental has no responsibility to help people in pain?

@Anonymous

Aspen Dental is a corporate clinic owned not by dentists, but to its owner Leonard Green and Partners LLC. It has not responsibility except to its shareholders.

That is why non-dentist ownership of dental offices is still illegal in most states. Aspen just ignores the laws.

Irene Moore
Shopping Expert
As stated on the aspendental.com, Aspen Dental-branded practices has a money-back guarantee program. If any patient is not satisfied with the service, the practice should refund all costs.

Aspen Dental also provides emergency dental care by phone at (855) 978-1628. The practice contact information is available on the Aspen Dental Contacts tab on the Pissed Consumer website.
@Irene Moore

Try to get refund without a credible threat of a lawsuit against them! This organization is cash-strapped!

@Irene Moore

He's dead. What good is a refund going to do?

@Anonymous

Omg are you serious!?!?! He died from that? I would be suing If I were you instead of writing on here.

@Anonymous

Aspen dental has people lined up out the door waiting to bring aspen dental to justice.

Aspen Dental really messed me up good,,,, besides telling me a lie, about the amount of my bill and an infection without antibiotics to pulling teeth and was suppose to take the bone on one in the back,,, never took it,,, NOW it’s protruding through my gums is hurting like *** and they tell me I need to go to an oral surgeon now!!!!!!! They lie to you please BEWARE ‼

This man paid dearly with his life, but what do you expect from a chain of dental offices that look and stink of *** dollar stores.

It figures.

oh man if I knew this crap I would never had gone to Aspen hill dental aka all about the money. I went in to get a tooth pulled nothing mire nothing less.

the pain I had was horrible. the dentist said I need to get a cleaning first then get my tooth pull that was 125 bucks with insurance, mind you my tooth is beating like a damn heart beat. the cold water killed me with sensitivity omg. and she did a sucky damn job at cleaning waste of money.

I was in the waiting room waiting to get my tooth pulled after this just for them to say I have to pay 250 to see the surgeon. ummmm this is not a surgical matter its a extraction only.

only about money wasted 125 bucks and 3hours of my damn time. worth office needs to be closed down asap.

@pissed off customer

Idiot! Extracting a tooth IS surgery!

You refuse to take care of your teeth, have them pulled one by one, and will one day be toothless. Then you will complain that you can't wear dentures because they *** you. Nobody wants patients like you.

Nobody! Moral of the story: have your teeth fixed by an honest dentist so you don't have any more toothaches.

@Anonymous

There are two types of extractions, the simple and the surgical extraction. Simple extraction – is done on a tooth that can easily be seen in the mouth.

A general dentist does this very easily with the use of an instrument called an elevator. Once the tooth is made loose, a pair of forceps is used to extract the tooth from its socket. Surgical Extraction – This is a more complicated procedure, which occurs in case a tooth has broken off at the gum level.

In this procedure a cut is made into the gum, which sometimes is required to partially cut the bone around the affected tooth. In other instances, the tooth is split into two halves to extract it.

@Anonymous

Which proves???? Then there is the soft tissue impaction, then there is the partial boney impaction, then there is the full boney impaction. As a general dentist, I have done all of them since my training as a dentist in the Army.

@Anonymous

All extractions at Aspen dental are pressured to be upcoded to 7210 surgical unless they are anterior teeth flopping in the wind.

@Anonymous

A simple extraction involves severing ligamental attachment to the bone. Any physician would term this surgery, even if it is minor surgery!

If a simple extraction is not minor surgery, then neither is something like a tonsillectomy!

Sometimes, for instance upper molars, a tooth must be split into THREE parts! Surgical extractions do not necessarily require cutting of the bone!

@Anonymous

A simple tooth extraction is not surgery. It doesn't require a oral surgeon and a cleaning certainly is not a prerequisite. Moron.

@Anonymous

If a simple extraction is not surgery, why is it taught in oral SURGERY courses?

Aspen loves to stick it to people and then laugh at them.

@Anonymous

There is a reason that aspen dental has over 3,000 complaints. Aspen is well known for sticking pain to people to gain money in aspen's own wallets.

@Anonymous

It is 4,000 complaints now! We are proud of our scams and shams, Love Aspen dental!

Another life ruined by aspen dental. Will you ever quit torturing the innocent people who walk in your office Aspen dental? I hope his soul rests in peace.

Aspen dental does not give a flapp about what happens to people. To understand why Aspen dental is successful just talk to an employee of aspen.

If you work there, you will hear management openly laughing about how dumb they consider Nascar fans to be. Why do they plaster the aspen advertisement all over Nascar cars? Aspen will openly tell you that they consider nascar fans perfect suckers. Most nascar fans haven't been to the dentist in a long time and usually have some sort of income that will allow aspen to open a credit card for them.

A perfect setup for aspen dental. They get to run up a huge list of treatment mostly not needed then talk the nascar fan into a huge credit card bill. All the while aspen dental is smiling and acting like they actually want to help.

The only reason you pull a trick like that is you consider the other person too dumb to figure it out. So all you nascar fans out there know than aspen dental considers you DUMB SUCKERS and openly laughs at you.

Thank god I’m Reading all these reviews So I don’t waste my money on *** surgery like sono Bello.Thanks to all of you who post the negative results

Disastrous. Young new dentist was determined to sell us dentures.

We told him we already had that arranged. We needed a simple tooth extraction done that day because the tooth chipped and was cutting the inside of my husband's mouth. He wasted 3 hours of our time , refused to extract the tooth, sanded the tough edges off.

This cost $125. Never again with that rotten company and dentist.

#1432099
@Gene Woolever

What happened is the recent young graduate was afraid of tackling a big molar extraction on a guy, but still wanted to earn a commission doing something. No desperate patient goes uncharged for anything at this dental clinic chain.

Charging people is what they are good at. Actually helping people is the last thing they get right.

Your husband sounds like a good man. I hope his time on earth let him have a full life. Down with aspen dental.

Dam that *** looked bad.

@Hooper

that is what happens when you go to aspen dental.

Hope your husband rests in peace. We continue to pray for you and your children. Screw aspen dental.

Had exam. Went great.

Was told i would given a narrative copy of what needed done. Was too busy of a backlog in their office with billing person who took more time with patients explaining everything than the patients ever spent for their exam. So, Lied to. Also said would contact me, but never called.

Been like 4 months now.

Skilled, but waste of time. Just money-grubbers.

@AR

Nothing at aspen dental is great. Look at what happened to this man. Run far away!

I know this was a long time ago but I hope you got a good settlement from aspen dental. Your husband was a good man and may he rest in peace.

If aspen dental had any human decency at all, they would offer to pay for the upkeep and flowers at his grave site for the rest of your life. All our prayers are with you.

@Anonymous

It still happens every day to someone at aspen dental. They sucker and scam people to horrible degrees. Aspen wants your money at any cost to your health.

It sounds to me that for what ever reason this individual did no have prescription writing abilities! because it is standard for a dentist, orthodontist etc.

to prescribe anti-biotics for an abscess infection. It is neglectful best bet would be to go to ER.

Perhaps you ppl should try and understand the danger we are all in. Now when I say this you guys will say "BS".

But we as a species are running more and more into superbugs that are resistant to antibiotics.

So more and more medical professionals are NOT giving out antubiotics and allowing your own body to fight off the infection. To you it may not seem fair but allowiing your body to fight off the infection helps to make your immune system stronger.

@Anonymous

One of the worst bugs to infect humans and is extremely hard to rid of is called ASPEN DENTAL. Maybe the health care world will find a way to exterminate aspen dental.

#1351967
@Anonymous

Probably the wrong thread for pontificating on antibiotic resistance. The guy had a severe bacterial infection. You only know a fraction of what you're talking about.

@Anonymous

When your teeth become severely infected...Where do you think it goes....straight up to sinus and to the brain. Its not really common but Aspen could make it so...I am sorry did this gentlemen really die?

Also dentist should be very competent about the antibiotics used for teeth Clindamycin first and foremost. I got a z pac which is for upper respiratory from them but had Clinda at home

@Anonymous

Yeah, but only if the SOURCE of the infection is eliminated- namely the infected pulp of the tooth! The body can't ever get rid of the infection if the source of the infection is still present. Either extract the tooth or start a root canal, THEN the body can heal itself!

Typical for aspen dental.

I know many people who have been to aspen dental and the bad outcomes have left them dealing with bouts of anxiety and depression.

@Danny

Getting ripped off and having your finances destroyed by aspen dental will cause anxiety and depression.

@Danny

He could have got dental insurance for $2 ( a tooth brush at the dollar store) and avoided this all together. We see this as his problem.

@AspenDentalCustomerService

Did someone from aspen really write this?

@AspenDentalCustomerService

You won't see as "his problem " when you go to jail for negligent homicide.

@Anon

Why don't you come to Aspen dental and let us check your teeth? Thanks, AspenDentalCustomerService

@AspenDentalCustomerService

Aspen dental could get some honesty and decency for free. Total danger to people's health. Screw you aspen dental.

@AspenDentalCustomerService

I have worked in a Dental School for over 20 yrs and have seen and tried to educate 4yr students and International Students in a program which I wouldn’t let dig *** in my back yard much less work in my mouth. Yes there was good students but others the worst but the school currently graduates them.

It sounds as if the current dentists at Aspen dental which received a DDS (Dr. of dental surgery should big digging dirt or up rooting rocks for money. There just sh#% artists out for a quick buck, please look around for a much better dentist. And complain to the Dental board in your state because these type of Dental practices have to be stopped and closed not mention take away there license to practice.

You ruin it for the good dental practices out there. Dental School retiree with 24 yrs...

@Anonymous

Yes, it seems even all the CE courses aimed at the good young dentists start with "How to make your office a million dollar a year office" or the like. The product selling and greed they pump in new graduates and the profession is a shame.

Yes that's me!!

getting more and more common and deadly when they pull teeth and don't give antibiotics - currently have suit on Coast and client nearly died

#1197425

Anyone considering going to aspen dental needs to do a search for the PBS documentary called "Dollars and Dentist". PBS spent 30 minutes or more tearing aspen dental a new *** over the way they ripoff and overtreat people. Screw aspen.

#1207402
@DontGoToAspenDental

They need to be shut down asap. Dangerous scammers.

@DontGoToAspenDental

Man! Wish I would have researched Aspen Dental before I went there!

Now I'm screwed! In Lake Charles Louisiana

@DontGoToAspenDental

There are many documented investigations now where it has been proven on record that aspen intentionally runs frauds on patients.

Bet this person ended up in the hospital

#1204624

Probably dead.

He is dead.

Ya this place sux!

Run away from this place. Their junk dentures are made in CHINA!

Please take it easy on the staff there.

Most employees are close to contemplating suicide working in those horrible conditions at aspen. That's why they quit as soon as possible.

@dentaltruth

I heard aspen is going to have to recall all its made in china dentures and fire most of its dentist who use them.

good

@Anonymous

Aspen never did dentures in China, all were either in office or at their corporate office in a lab in a basement. However their crowns which costs like $49.00 and then charge customers like $1200.00are made in China. Total scam....

SLF0173

I had a very similar experience. Check my post out as well and tell anyone and everyone you know how bad Aspen Dental and Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA really are.

They almost killed me from a misdiagnosis and a similar infection. We should all tell everyone else we know so someone else doesn't die or come close to dying because of them negligence!

@SLF0173

Thanks for the support, these mofo's need to be shut down asap.

@ddd

let's get together and do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also went there and am sorry for the pain Aspen Dental has caused you. I had a wisdom tooth extracted and the dentist cut a flap in my cheek which severed the nerve in my cheek and left permanent damage and terrible pain and numbness every day.

I am being told brain surgery is the only way to fix this issue called Trigeminal Neuralgia.

If you have a lawyer who handles this type of issue can you please supply me with his information? Maybe he can help.

this doctor, NADIA CHOWHAN IQBAL, may protest that the comments were racist but that is her ONLY DEFENSE to being a piece of *** dentist!! She struck terror into the heart of her patients, thus SHE IS A TERRORIST, she conducted dental experiments (she doesn't know what she is doing) on her patients thus she is just a muslim DOCTOR, she ripped off Americans on a variety of levels thus she is UNAMERICAN. Run Her out of town.

@Anonymous

As an orthodontist I took over for another orthodontist who is doing very poor work including putting braces on patients who had periodontal disease and had not had proper adequate hygiene.Coast dental maybe use assistance that were not fully trained and orthodontics and particularly in the state they must have a separate expanded duties and orthodontic assisting and also did not require general dentistry expanded duties.

When asked to have proper legal orthodontic assistance with their certification and orthodontic expanded duties for the state I was practicing on they refused to do this and considered me a problem. I also ran out of braces for the patient's teeth and they started to have me lie to the patients over a five-month period of why they didn't have lower braces.

This included over 50 patients who are removed braces that were either broke or improperly placed when I took over the last orthodontist. I witnessed the general dentist who left while working there had to also deal with dental assistants for general dentistry who were not fully properly trained and were not given enough help.

They paid $1500 a day and gave you $50 per person who started treatment. Their whole focus is starting treatment and not the current patients. Because of this if you do a $20,000 day, for example, you still have to finish the work on these patients and you're not rewarded for the overall production you do yet coast dental gets all the money.

Also they only have a $300 per month budget for the entire office for orthodontics and you cannot run a orthodontic apartment under that monthly budget which is ludicrous.

Again, trying to see 20 to 30 patients minimum per day with a minimum number of assistants who are not trained and orthodontics makes the orthodontist have to get involved and do more work than if they were to work somewhere else for another franchise or for another company or for another orthodontist. Four months as soon email request and phone calls were made to ask for help, get supplies needed and to handle over 20 other issues including how dirty the office was. No one ever contacted me. Also, the amount of paperwork diagnosis and treatment planning of patients required for each new patient was extreme and they did not give time to do this paperwork requiring you to stay over or work through your lunch.

If you don't get your paperwork done and other task you are frowned that if you don't work during lunch or stay over and not get paid for it because you are in a flat per diem salary of 1500 per day which they don't care.

They also use the finance company that is not care credit, but called healthcare finance director or coastal financing that they have been using for over three years. The problem with this is that they arch overcharging patients easily over $1000 per treatment case to cover the 25% finance fee the bank is charging them. Most the patients that come into coast dental to not have a very good income and are therefore paying in full and the company doesn't care about their treatment after they start.

The whole focus weekly is how much money came in to the practice for orthodontics because none of the money really comes in from a in-house payment plan so therefore they are new patient driven and if a new patient needs to start there's not enough time to work on a patient already embraces you will have to do what you gotta do to get that patient started with her new braces and the patients are currently in treatment or put on the back burner or you have to run your schedule behind an hour to two hours or stay over till seven or 8 o'clock at night.

Be aware that you are using your malpractice insurance since they give you no money for this and that you have to keep your standard ethics and tell them this is the way it's going to be done because they will push you to commit dental malpractice on the patient, delaying their treatment and not hitting your targets of estimated treatment allowing patients to exceed treatment times, using poor products, having no products and again using untrained and very unpaid or underpaid assistance and that is why they are always having to replace their orthodontic assistance. Also be aware when taking over another doctor’s case that under state law you have to take all new records and they will try to encourage you not to do that also.My advice is to stay away.

@Anonymous

saw what this doctor did to the patient and there is nothing racist about calling her a dental TERRORIST. the video made to afraid to ever go to another dentist. It doesn't matter that the dentist nadia chowhan iqbal has an eastern name, what does matter is that she is a piece of *** dentist.

Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life.

Faith activates God - Fear activates the Enemy.

Do all you can to make your dreams come true. Take responsibility for your own bad dental choices in your own life.

I cannot perform at dental offices but if you will buy any of the multiple books I sell, I will say a special prayer for your teeth. Also the bigger donations you make, the more I will pray to God for the success of your tooth treatment. Send mucho money, it does help for a happy, uplifting, rewarding life and great treatment by aspen dental chains.

Thanks for your imput friends and God bless the donations made to the Osteen Ministries via aspen dental. Joel Osteen

@MerryFingXmasFromAspenDental

what?

@MerryFingXmasFromAspenDental

aspen dental on crack?

Was going there until I read this.

This place sux bad!

wow, that's so terribly wrong b/c he could have died from infection, this story had me upset so I wanted to tell you that I hope your family is fine and have happy holidays.

GD! did he die? Give us an update w/pics.

Man, that looks bad. go to the ER and have them lance that thing.

OMG! That is horrible!

I am so sorry that happened to your husband.

I have an appointment with them tomorrow and I am now seriously thinking about not going there. I hope your husband recovers soon.

@ScaredoftheDentist

Yes, if I were you I would break the appmt and run like crazy. You see what they did to this guy. If you go there they will proceed to infect your wallet and bank account also.

Take him to the emergency room or get him in as an emergency work in at another office. Do not wait any longer!

Aspen Dental is the worst! I also had a terrible experience with them.

You should take your husband to the ER, it could be serious.

Also, you'll have it on record just in case you may need it in the future. Good luck.

At aspen you are just a number. Value our patients my *** Raise ***.

Yes, aspen does value numbers. The $$$$$$$$$$ type. greedy scammers

Occasionally weird things happen after extractions. I agree with the dentist about one thing: prescribing antibiotics after every extraction is needless and has unwanted side effects.

Now not answering calls after this amount is swelling is the thing that was wrong.

Once a patient has been treated, the dentist has an obligation to see him through all the post op problems. I doubt antibiotics alone would have done any good. Usually is it necessary to lance inside the mouth and let all the pus drain out. It was necessary to physically treat your husband in the office.

As I said in another post, most of these cheesy corporate clinics do not let employee dentists have a key to the office or security codes because the owners are a bit paranoid.

It is difficult to impossible for a dentist to treat a patient after hours unless the office manager agrees to come also. On the other hand, private dentists like me who own their offices frequently are at the building to do maintenance after hours, so it is no problem to treat an occasional patient in trouble.

By the way, I have to let you know that very seldom can I talk to pharmacists when I call the big box stores. All I can do is leave a message on a recorded line. Many times the pharmacies of these places, especially Wal-Mart, "forget" to fill the prescriptions, or lose them.

They are overworked. It is very frustrating.

There are important lessons to learn here:

1. Waiting for a tooth to hurt before going to a dentist is very risky behavior. Probably this could have been treated long ago by a filling for a lot less money and trouble.

2. Your husband made a huge mistake having the tooth pulled, instead of saving it. Surgical extraction of teeth sometimes has weird post-op problems like this. 3.

Another huge mistake was going to a sleazy corporate chain owned by investors instead of dentists. For most young dentists working there, the object is to make a little money until they can find another job. 4. Finally, you will get far better service at independent pharmacies than big-box chain store ones.

I wish a speedy recovery for your husband, but I hope he learns to modify his behavior of waiting until a tooth hurts to go to the dentist, then wanting it pulled. Dentures are no fun, and not cheap, either!

@Seasoned Dentist

You are making excuses for sub par medical attention. If I was her I would take them to small claim court for the money I paid, pain and suffering and lost pay at work. It doesn't matter if he waited until he was in pain, the doctor is required to do a job and if something bad occur after his work he should tend to it!

#1209906
@Dentistare***artist

You are dead wrong about waiting to be in pain for treatment. That's just dumb and ends up costing way more money than if he had gone for simple check ups and cleanings every six months or so.

Many times these problems can be avoided with proper preventative care.

Most times cleanings/check ups are around $150 so $300 per year to keep your teeth healthy is not that much (approx $20 per month) and less than what most people spend on Dunkin Donuts, alcohol, make up, entertainment, restaurants, or cigarettes. Not to mention a dirty mouth can cause a host of health problems such as heart attacks, strokes, heart disease, etc from the nasty bacteria constantly running through your body.

@Dentistare***artist

As I wrote before, a bad surgical outcome DOES NOT mean malpractice. Abandoning a patient does.

The REAL cause of this guy's problem is waiting until he had a bad infection before he had his wisdom tooth treated.

Even when everything is done right, patients can get post-op infections. There are A LOT of resistant bacteria out there.

nikalseyn

You might want to go online to your state's main webpage and find out how to file a complaint with your state's dental board, alleging both incompetence and malpractice against both Aspen Dental and the individual dentist you spoke to. As an aside, you probably should have just located a local dentist and dropped into his office with your husband and paid for an emergency office call. These chain dental offices are really not a good place to get dental services to begin with, much less follow-up care.

@nikalseyn

Sorry, but since corporate clinics like this are operating illegally, there is NOTHING state boards can do about the situation.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to allege incompetence and malpractice against a dental corporation. The most the Board of Dentistry could do would be to discipline one of the employee dentists. No problem Aspen would have two more recent dental graduates in place almost immediately.

This is why corporate-owned dental clinics pose such a grave threat to public health.

@Seasoned Dentist

Laws vary from state to state. What might be the law in Kansas might not be for other states.

As long as a complaint is made it's made.

I'd follow up with a visit to an attorney so there's a legal professional on the side of this patient. Doctors tend to pay attention when they know a court date is going to take them out of the office.

@retta michaels

In some states corporate ownership of dental clinics is legal (New Mexico, for instance.) In most states it is not. Again I say to you that Dental Boards only have authority of DENTISTS, not non-dentist investors.

THAT IS WHY PATIENTS TAKE SUCH A CHANCE WHEN THEY GO TO SLEAZY CORPORATE OWNED CLINICS LIKE A$PEN.

The only recourse against sleaze bag investor-owned clinics is the state attorney general's office, but it takes a lot of complaints before an AG will take action.

Patient have no case for malpractice unless damage was permanent. Patients let teeth rot in their mouths until they have an infection, and sometimes they pay in severe consequences.

#1120108
@nikalseyn

you may want to contact the Agency for Health Care Administration and file a quality of care complaint. This is just about as severe of a complaint as it is possible to file.

Another possibility is to contact the office of Health and Human Services in Washington, DC. I have done so on occasion and have received exceptional response which resulted in a supervisor at one large mail order pharmacy being terminated. They do a thorough investigation and they can even shut down a company if they feel the company is putting patients at risk. The address for the Department of Health and Human Services office in Washington DC is :

Department of Health and Human Services

Office for Civil Rights

Room 509F

Washington, DC.

20201

I have experienced very good response from Ms. Kristin Hanna, Investigator at this office. Her phone number is 202-260-6549 (voice) or 202-619-3257 TDD. After finding out that many agencies either don't care about the problems or don't have authority to act I was pleasantly surprised to find how much this agency seems to care and there is no doubt they have the authority to act in a variety of punitive methods all the way up to shutting an offensive company down if necessary to achieve compliance.

I think you will have good results using this agency. Good Luck

@bubba

This agency can do nothing unless the care given was administered under a program like Medicaid.

jjdayney

Some After Hours Emergency Line

outstanding customer service aspen...

@jjdayney

Call this guy @ 1-315-720-3274. He will direct you.

jjdayney

First Page @ 2:09 am

Second Page @ 2:13 am

Third Page @ 3:02 am

@jjdayney

Just call your lawyer

View more comments (109)
Review
Pros
  • Holly
Cons
  • Not getting appropriate medication
  • Left with a serious infection
  • Being lied to
medical neglect
Full refund
As advertised, a new patient visit begins with consultation, meet the dentist, discuss a plan. Instead, I was taken directly to a panoramic x-ray room by Jessi. I have serious pre-existing health issues and first needed to know if I were a candidate for dental...

Some states require assistants to be certified to take x-rays, and some do not. You are way off base worrying about radiation from a panoramic film.

A flight on a jet airplane exposes you to several times more radiation, and it is to your whole body. NOBODY will be able to treat you without x-rays. I would not touch you. I have never hear of ANY medical condition that excludes dental treatment.

None of this caused any problem with your heart. You seem like a hypochondriac.

For goodness sake, find a competent independent dentist to treat you. But no one will if you will not allow them to take x-rays.

Update by user 1 day ago

They didn't like that I complain so much about the way my teeth were fit I'm happy the main doctor won't see me anymore one doctor put a rubber glove on and I accidentally said oh you're going to want me to bend over when I got these teeth I feel like I get Dent over...

The chances of a young dental graduate making a good denture at a sleazy joint like Aspen is probably about the same as the chance of Hailey's Comet returning to earth early. Why you chose a chop shop like Aspen for new dentures is beyond comprehension. Maybe a competent independent dentist can reline it for you to make it wearable.

Bad quality
Full refund
  • Aspen Dental Scam
1.4
Went to Aspen Dental in November 2017 to have work done. Was quoted four different prices by two different people. When I had the work done, I paid in full as is their requirement. In June 2018 I went to them for the last time and was assured I owed them nothing. Now,...
Review
Pros
  • Dental work was ok
Cons
  • No accountability
  • Business practices
  • Not honest about costs
Problems with payment
I do not owe this money
  • Incorrect Billing Procedures
1.4
I had dental work done by Aspen in November 2017. Was told I had to pay in advance. Paid amount they asked for, and gave them my three dental insurance cards. It took them over six months to take care of my dental work, and I was assured everything was paid for since...

Billing is a cluster-f_ _ _ at this shyster chain. One hand does not know what the other is doing.

Nobody want to take responsibility for any billing mistakes. Your only mistake is to get a lawyer on the case.

Of course you will have to pay for this. Better to pay an honest lawyer than a bunch of crooks running a dental chain clinic.

Review
I recently had to have an extraction and the Cedar Park office butchered the inside of my mouth. I left with numerous gouges and cuts to the inside of my cheek and my gums were gouged all the way to where my cheek and gums meet. It took well over an hour and they were...

That is what you get for not taking care of your teeth and wanting it pulled rather than try to save it. Extractions can be quite traumatic in adults with long roots and dense jawbone.

Getting a refund is like extracting light from a Black hole in deep space. It is next to impossible.

Poor customer service
Preferred solution
refund of my money, how they can compensate for the jaw pain is unknown
1.2
Aspen Dental is the worst Dental practice in the world! Over one year ago I ended up having a bridge put on my 4 front teeth. I paid over $2,400.00 that they told me insurance wasn’t covering! I received bill from them a month later saying I owed another $1,500.00!...

Normal price for a bridge unit is about $1100. So 4 unit bridge would cost about $4400.

Bridges are covered at 50% on most insurances but subject to a yearly maximum of $1000-1500. So your part probably not really out of line. The sad thing is most competent dentists do implants now and not bridges, because bridges require cutting down sound teeth. Of course, the newbie dentists at Aspen don't know how to do implants, and would have to refer them out.

When they refer things out, they do not earn commission. This is the sort of nonsense you get when you go to a shyster corporate outfit instead of a regular independent dentist.

Review
Pros
  • Liked male dentist & his older assistant
Cons
  • Rude new mgmt incorrect billing procedures
  • Rude staff
Poor customer service
$2000
Preferred solution
All paid up! Billed process incorrectly! A bridge is one apparatus; not 4 separate crowns as they billed it
  • unprofessional attitude
  • Incorrect Billing Procedures

Aspen Dental - Wonderful

5.0
Correct the above post from pissedconsumer. Aspen Dental of Fayetteville did not open until September of 2019. I'm not sure where pissed consumer was seen but is wasn't at Aspen Dental of Fayettville, NC. They currently have a 5 star review. My experience is that it is a warm and caring staff. Thanks!

There is a Fayetteville, Georgia, you dumb ***

Review
Pros
  • Open later than other dentist offices
  • Excellent systems
  • Are constantly taking new patients

Aspen Dental in Concord, Ohio - Horrible!!!!

I hadn't been to a dentist for a few years. I had a tooth that had a cavity in it that I wanted fixed. I went in for my appointment (with no dental insurance.) Aspen took xrays and said I had 4 teeth that needed root canals and several other cavities. They set me up with care credit (I believe it was a $1,000 credit line) and went on to explain that all of the procedures would be over $10,000! Or, I could just schedule to have those teeth extracted for a few thousand. I walked out in tears! I decided to get a second opinion. I had 2 cavities, and did NOT need a root canal! How is what they're doing legal???

How is a scam operation like that legal? Actually, dental clinics owned by investors who are not dentists are illegal in most states.

Aspen is running a scam against state boards, claiming the employee dentists who work at the offices actually "own" the offices. This is a total lie. So then they give dentists a very low commission, and threaten to fire them if they don't bill high enough revenues. So the poor young dentists, many of them deep in student debt, are forced to diagnose and perform unnecessary treatment.

Then many times the front office manager wants to make bonus as well. Many times dentists say the OFFICE MANAGER adds and bills bogus treatment so she will stay in good standing with management.

Aspen Dental- it is not an office, but an Organized Crime Syndicate! Write your state legislator and demand your state prohibitions against non-dentist practice ownership be enforced.

Review
Cons
  • False charges
  • Boycott Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental in Sanford, Florida - Denture Repair

1.6
They wouldn't glue my lower denture together without a costly mouth exam, WHY?

Because without the costly exam, they cannot come up with a costly treatment plant of unnecessary treatment they can bill you for IN ADVANCE. In other words, their chance of bilking you out of large amounts of money is impossible without that exam.

So they try to pressure you into it by refusing to fix your lower denture. Scammers and thieves own this outfit.

Stay away. Stay away from other corporate vultures as well, like Affordable Dentures, Coast, Dental One, Great Expressions, Sage, and Western.

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental in Topsham, Maine - Verry happy custermer

5.0
everyone was kind and informational new what was going on every minet . got fast apointment everyone was so nice. my experance was wonderful.

Great job spelling! In what grade did you drop out of school?

What would motivate a person to rave about a company on a consumer complaint website? You know that will count as just another complaint, don't you. Glad you haven't been screwed over by Aspen YET.

Everyone is eventually. Don't press your luck.

Good quality