Fort Dodge, Iowa
1.7K views 17 comments

Woke up twice during wisdom (4) extraction. Never once did the oral surgeon stop/pause until I was out again. I was actually told to be quiet; apparently I was yelling. I could hear myself, no one was responding, so I didn't know THEY could hear me.

Now I'm being sent another bill because they had to use more anesthesia (via IV) than planned.

I was told by a staff member that one assistants sole job is to stare at the monitor to make sure waking up doesn't happen during surgery. She told me her horror story during a surgical procedure... Told me to relax and rest easy. Keep in mind, this all happened AFTER being rescheduled and moved around appointment times 4 times previous to the surgery. 4, then 2. 3... Then 2. Back to 3. Oops, they meant 4.) Before heading back to the operating room, I was told the surgeon still planned on being done and out of the office by 6:00. (I didn't go back to the room until 4:45.)

So, is that why when I came to, twice, he didn't stop working for a minute to reassure me and let me fall back under anesthesia?

Review about: Aspen Dental Wisdom Teeth Extraction.

1.8
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Aspen Dental?

Comments

They tried to charge me $1100 just to clean my teeth and tried to get me to buy a $125 tooth brush and and said it would take 3 or 4 appointment s to get this heavy cleaning done . I have insurance that covers preventative care so I switched to different dentist got my check up and cleaning nothing wrong with my teeth . Aspen dental never again

Sam
Tupelo, Mississippi, United States #1009721

What purpose is your photo supposed to serve? It is normal to be swollen after hard wisdom tooth extractions!

Cassieann0624
to Sam #1009784

Sam- the purpose it serves is to show people that I am a human being who actually went through the procedure.That I'm not sitting here writing bogus reviews and being mean.

I have been through enough, so take your negativity elsewhere.

I ended up being transported from Waterloo to Iowa City last night; swelling was down my neck, to my collar bone- so if you would have patience and maybe sit back down on the attitude of yours, you could patiently wait for my photo updates.

Swelling IS normal. Bruising IS normal. Not being able to swallow or BREATHE is NOT normal.

Again- this has been scarring enough.

Please step back and realize adding attitude doesn't help me.

Thanks.Update: I will be going in to discuss all issues regarding my surgery with my regular dentist today.

Sam
to C***ieann0624 Tupelo, Mississippi, United States #1009845

You did not say anything about not being able to breathe in your original post. All you talked about was sedation not working completely, and your appointment times being honored.

Ammie
to C***ieann0624 #1009997

Yuk! Hate this happened to you.

Chippy
to C***ieann0624 Hollywood, California, United States #1010310

U culd apply for a job as a chipmunk.

Cassieann0624
to Chippy #1010329

I just need to voice! ;-)

to C***ieann0624 #1042087

Cassie... Seasoned Dentist down there is correct, you should not have been put under, there are so many more complications that can happen.

WOW!!is all that i can say.

They treated you with no respect!!!You need to file a complaint against this horrible place.

Seasoned Dentist
Topeka, Kansas, United States #1009474

Strange that with sedation, an amnesiac like Valium is usually given, so the patient forgets everything that happen.

Some people are unpredictable to sedate.You might be one of them.

Incidentally, I take impacted wisdom teeth out all the time with oral Valium, laughing gas, and local anesthetic.

Complete surgical anesthesia is really overkill, unless you had some very unusual circumstances.

I don't understand.

You had this done at a hospital, and not an A$pen Dental clinic?If so, why are you posting it as an A$pen Dental complaint?

You would do much better going to most any private dental practice instead of this sleazy corporate chain.