January 2, 2018 I had an appointment for a crown. I went there and they didn't have time to do the prep, although they demanded payment in advance, which I questioned, but paid.

So they rescheduled the appointment for 1-4-17 for 4:30 PM. I showed up at 4:39 (weather was bad-snowing). At 5:20 they let me know that they couldn't see me and I would have to reschedule because I was 9 minutes late. I asked why I wasn't told this at the time I arrived (no answer).

So the following week I went for Crown prep. It was apparent that the assistant did not know what she was doing and made 3 temporary crowns. It cracked the same day. I went back in for another.

That one also cracked the same day. Then I went in again and the same thing happened. I have not been able to chew for 10 days while I am waiting for the permanent crown. I refused to have another incompetent employee put another temporary one in that I was certain would break again.

I would have cancelled the entire procedure, however, I have already paid in advance. I am set to get the permanent crown today 2-1-2018.

I have no confidence that it will be professionally installed or will last. In addition, I have wasted many hours driving and loss work time dealing with this nightmare and no one has offered anything for my time, loss of work, inconvenience, inability to chew for a month.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Tooth Crown Services.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

A$pen LOVES to lock patients in treatment by making them pay for everything up front. Unlike every honest dentist I have ever met who will not bill until the final impression is taken.

Try to get a refund and it will takes months and probably a lawsuit as well.

Many times regular dentists make temporaries themselves instead of delegating the task to an assistant. Guess what? If you go for long without a temporary, the tooth, the teeth beside it, and the tooth above it will move in the arch, messing things up.

Hope your new A$pen made-in-China crown is satisfactory. Some are; many aren't.

It won't be custom stained like most of mine are.

Find an honest independent dentist ASAP. Good luck

h.kitchener

Always best to see a dentist in private practice rather than go to a dental mill like Aspen.

FadedRaccoon617
to h.kitchener #1683027

Avoid Aspen. They are the worst and unapologetic about it.

You’ll never see the same people year over year.

Different assistant, Dentists always. Poor materials used in crowns