West Newton,Massachusetts

- west lebanon nh: I am a 54 year old woman who had put thousands of dollars into my teeth 4 years ago at a different facility and this work all failed to last so I called aspen dental after seeing the ads on tv. the service I have recieved so far has been less than professional and am concerned for my health at point.

all of my appointments have been late (1hr plus) getting started. The help including the doctors have poor comunication skills with the exception of the 2 girls working with the dentures and billing. the records were not updated between visits and had to keep reminding them what meds I was allergic to. when asking questions they all became combative.

after my extractions I have not been able to wear my temp dentures and have developed a bad infection on one side of my face. I am taking antibiotic now but had asked for it prior and they would not give it to me. they sent me off without making another appointment for a check. I am currently thinking of asking for a refund and going elsewhere because they tried to give me medicines I cannot take and did not refer to the records at all about my medical history.

I have been unable to eat anything except soup eggs oatmeal and jello products for 2 weeks. have missed more work and they were not all all up front about the recovery time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Comments

have since spoken w/patient satisfaction and am still trying to get a full refund which does no include an $8,000. emergency room bill or the $250.

co-pay we had to pay.

every time I speak w/someone I am promised a call back with no result. I call every week.

since this complaint I have spoken with customer satisfaction rep and the service improved but I have incurred additional costs because I had to go to another oral surgeon when the second infection occured and they couldn't see me at aspen. also have 2 emergency room visits due to the antibiotics given for the post-op infection.

All of which could have been avoided had they pre-medicated me to begin with. I still can not get proper fitting temps so I can eat with them in.

am very dicouraged and my health has been greatly compromised. I have lost 15 pounds.

Sounds like malpractice yet again for Aspen. Proving it may be another story.

Cut your losses now and run from Aspen before they do more harm.

Lots of testimonials on this website and complaintsboard.com

Dear Whoozie,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Our goal is to provide every patient quality service in an atmosphere that is welcoming and respectful, and I apologize that your visit did not meet those expectations.

If you have not been able to resolve your concerns directly with the office, would you be willing to talk in greater detail to our Patient Satisfaction group to see whether they can help? This team of specialists is based at our Practice Support Center in Syracuse and is trained to help resolve these types of issues. They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or patientservices@aspendental.com.

Kasey