Akron, Indiana

After calling around to several dentists I was able to get a same day appointment at Aspen Dental in Columbia, TN. I was having a great deal of discomfort from my bottom right teeth.

The lady on the phone assured me that they would address all of these issues and I felt very confident about the venture. After I was finally called into the exam area, I realized what was going on! After taking ten plus x-rays the dental assistant comes in, checks my gums; and tries to sell me a special tooth brush, advanced oral cancer screening, and makes it sound like my mouth is in horrific shape. I admit my bottom teeth are not great (didn't brush properly with braces), but not the nightmare that she described.

I declined the services and stated that I wanted to get the painful teeth fixed first. This is where their true nature came out. The dentist finally comes in and barely looks at the tooth I am complaining about. Instead the dentist (very nervous I might add) proceeds to tell me I need two extracts and four partials.

Now keep in mind I told him from the beginning that I am in the process of getting two implanted teeth. I tell him again where my problem is and state that I need him to help me with it. So to make a long story short he blows my complaint off. I only assume this is because I do not want his snap-in teeth.

He then proceeds to write up a treatment plan to butcher my mouth. His suggested treatment for my aching tooth is a filling. I agree to it, and mention again that it is throbbing. He just continues writing, so I ask him if I can have some antibiotics and pain medication.

HE STATES THAY THEY ONLY GIVE THINGS LIKE THAT FOR PROCEDURES! I then get up, thank him for his time and tell him that I will be looking elsewhere for dental care. We then go around to the salesmens office and the guy still tries to setup the appointment, it took be ten minutes to pay them the nineteen dollars and walk out the door. I drive for over an hour to another dentist the next day and he find a abscess on the root and a cavity that is in the root.

Long story short, I got a root canal and the tooth feels great.

THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAREY, THE FILLING WOULD NOT HAVE FIXED MY TOOTH AND THEY LEAVE PEOPLE WITH SWOLLEN JAWS IN A GREAT DEAL OF PAIN. PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE, THEY ARE INCOMPETENT!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Comments

In the future, be careful to make corporate dental clinics your absolute last choice for treatment. These places corrupt desperate young graduates of dental school by forcing them to overtreat patients.

If they do not play the game, they get fired.

ALWAYS seek dentists who own the practices in which they work. They have a vested interest in long-term patient satisfaction.

ihad a cap applied to one tooth. no root canel mind you and the coast was1176.00 i really think there prices are out ragious, made sure ou check prices before you go :(