3.4K views
Featured Not resolved

Update by user Sep 10, 2018

I paid $7,000 plus to have new Comfilytes dentures made and implants in my lower denture to still waiting for the rest of the hardware to be delivered so that we can wrap up. I started at the OKC office and the dentist they had quit and I had to find another that had a dentist that did implants so I went to the Stillwater office.

I went on 7/12/18 to have them done and was told that the other office where I started all of this had not noted what size implant they had put in so they would order what they needed and put a rush on it...well it has been 5 weeks and I still don't have it done. I feel I have been lied to numerous times. I have called and ask the manager or the assistant that was helping me to call me and they don't do it. I finally got in touch with the manager and he told me he would contact me at the end of the day to let me know what was going on...again...didn't happen.

The last call said they didn't get everything they needed and would call when they got it. Not holding my breath! I will certainly tell anyone I can that they should not use Aspen Dental. I feel like I have thrown $7,000 down the drain!

I received a call from the Stillwater office on 8/9/18 and said they would have the parts the next week…guess what?! That didn’t happen either and I have not heard from them at all this week. I decided I had all I could handle so I contacted another Dentist in my hometown. I went to see him on 8/14/18 and told him what had happened.

He examined me and ordered the parts that are needed to finish. I got a call from them on 8/16/18 and they received the parts and I have an appointment next Wednesday, 8/22/18. All of this is going to cost me approximately $1,500 more but at least I will have it finished. I have called the corporate office twice and was told that someone would contact me within 24 hours…again, no calls from them either.

They must train their employees from the top down to just ignore their patients.

The 2 offices I have used are in OKC on Memorial and Stillwater, OK. UPDATE: IT IS 9/10/18 AND I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD A WORD FROM ASPEN DENTAL REGARDING FINISHING MY WORK.

Original review posted by user Jul 31, 2018

I don't believe I have enough room on here to tell you everything that I have gone through...from paying $7,000 plus to have new comfortfit dentures made and implants in my lower denture to still waiting for the rest of the hardware to be delivered so that we can wrap up. I went on 6/12/18 to have them done and was told that the other office where I started all of this had not noted what size implant they had put in (that is another horrible story) so they would order what they needed and put a rush on it...well it has been 19 days and I still don't have it done.

I feel I have been lied to numerous times. I have called and ask the manager or the assistant that was helping me to call me and they don't do it. I finally got in touch with the manager and he told me he would contact me at they end of the day to let me know what was going on...again...didn't happen. The last call said they didn't get everything they needed and would call when they got it.

My name is Vicky Land and the 2 offices I have used are in OKC on Memorial and Stillwater, OK. What a rip off!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

Aspen Dentures are junk. They don't give the young dentists nearly enough time to fabricate them correctly .

You would be more likely to get a jet turbine engine rebuilt correctly at Jiffy Lube than get an implant denture fabricated correctly at Aspen.

You had implants done by Aspen? You might as well have had a plumber try to do coronary bypass surgery. It's to turn out well, no matter how much you pay them.

One of my coworkers went to aspen dental. was told he had 4 very bad cavities.

he was told they could fill them the same day for exorbitant dollar amount. Mind you he went for a basic cleaning with no problems. he went to another dentist and was told he had zero cavities. People do not use this company.

Like most retail operations they have a quota to meet. I know after 25 years of working in the retail business.

@Anonymous

Funny how cavities just appear out of nowhere. I once had a college student come to me for a 2nd opinion.

Aspen was planning to place 13 fillings in his mouth.

I took x-rays and examined him. The young man had ZERO cavities!

@Anonymous

If they produce the revenue quota they keep their job and make bonus. If they don't produce it, they get no bonus and eventually will be dismissed. So is it any wonder that unnecessary dental treatment is given to innocent patients?

I'm going thru a similar situation, out almost $10,000 for a full upper and partial lower. 4 different dental offices, they are all crooks.

I truly don't believe they have the proper training. I live in the Bay Area, Fl. and 2 of my dr's told me that so many of their patients have so many complaints about their dentures they got in this area. 2 doctors.

My lower good tooth is now out of alianment the one the ring goes around the fake gum is bubbled, the tooth is killing me. Go back Monday, I feel I might as well stay home. Now looking into 6 implaints on lower instead of the partial. Went to Aspen dental for dentures, full upper, partial lower.

Was given a quote. Don't know why I had to go back the next day, but the bookkeeper wasn't aware I was given a quote the day before (I went along with it). For the same exact work, the quote was a little over $1,000 more at Aspen.

Never went back. Over a yr.going thru this, have not left house, loosing my mind and all my savings,

@Patricia Gilligan

Of course they are all crooks. Instead of dentist owners, a crooked Wall Street private equity company owns the chain.

Only the most desperate young dental graduates will work for this chain.

It is well known as the lowest paying and sleaziest employer out there. For goodness sakes don't let these goofballs do your implants.

Thats horrible and i would sue their sorry lying *** !!! We have aspen dental in cookeville tn and its nothing but joke !!!

worst ever aspen dental

Good luck!! Good for you for contacting the dental board. It's a matter of integrity.

#1620955
@Anonymous

Dental boards can do nothing against dental chains illegally owned by investors who are not dentists. The can only go after dentists and hygienists- the people that hold professional licenses.

I don't know where to start stating my dissatisfaction with Aspen Dental and Dental First Financing (DFF). The Aspen on Lemay Ferry - St.

Louis, MO has such a song and dance routine. The facility is adequate and the staff is pleasant enough but the service that you receive from the Dentist and the office manager is shameful. Sonn lacks dental knowledge and professionalism. I went there to get lower partials and I was financed by their unsavory partners in crime, DFF.

DFF immediately started my account (March 2018) even though it took me months to receive my finished product. I was going back and forth with Sonn trying to get the partial to match my natural gums. I had to suggest to him on two different occasions that he and I go outside in the daylight to take pictures of my gums so that the dental lab techs. could properly match the partials to my gums.

For some reason, the lab that this Aspen uses is in New York, so the turn around time was forever and they sent the partials back and forth a fewl times. In the meantime, I'm keeping in constant contact with DFF. them calling me regarding my account and me calling them to keep them informed of the status of my partials. They insisted that I start making the payments for the partials even though I didn't have my finished product.

I tried to explain to them that I felt like that would be equal to me buying a car that I'm making payments on but I'm waiting and hoping for them to deliver the vehicle. Several months later I finally get my partials, they were not the matching gum color that I thought I deserved for over $1,400 but I was so tired of the back and forth that I just surrendered. I immediately sent DFF their first payment as I had promised them.

In the mean time I get a notification from one of my credit cards that my score had dropped by over 50 points all due to the less than common decency and professionalism of DFF and Aspen. I would strongly advise anyone considering using either of these entities to SAVE YOUR SANITY--DON'T.

@Loretta Gipson

Loretta, You think the Aspen lab is really in New York? Here is what happens.

Aspen's Headquarters is in Syracuse, New York.

Every Aspen office ships impressions to headquarters before forwarding them in bulk to China to cheap labs over there. No telling what sort of metals are in their partials.

AliveCoati314

I also have a complaint on this site, I am sorry to see that your problem is worse than mine but I feel for your distress, and hope it works out ok. Unfortunately there are others who I would say "prowl" this database to literally beat up on the people with complaints and go so far as to harass them, adding insult to injury.

So if that happens just report them. Good Luck!

Oklahoma City or Okefeenokee Swamp, Georgia, any A$pen will be the same. Chaos administration with butchery dentistry and high New York City prices.

All around bad deal for patients. Not at all what is portrayed on the TV ads. And you trusted them with a complicated thing like IMPLANTS! Vicky, that is like trusting a Jiffy Lube to rebuild a jet turbine engine!

By the way, implant dentures cannot be rushed. Fabrication takes at least a month and a half.

Better try to get all the money back you can. There is just no way a fleabag operation like A$pen will ever make an implant denture work out right.

@Seasoned Dentist

Guess I should have looked at this page first huh?! Probably won't get any money back.

I'm a widow and I can't afford to come up with anymore money to get my problem fixed. I'm sick about this but pretty sure they don't care.

@Vicky Land

A friend called and ask them about implants and they told her that they could get the implants done quicker than other dentists. It is now 3 weeks that I have been waiting on the "parts" to finish attaching my dentures to the implants so I called and she said, I told you I would call you when they come in! Guess I am not going to get anything from these con artist!

@Anonymous

Practically guaranteed they did not send your friend to have a 3D x-ray scan to size up the bone before placing the implants. That and the virtual implant placement on computer forms the implant workup which takes all the time.

But of course, the A$pen buffoons probably skipped these steps. The chances of your new dentures mating up with the A$pen implants is about the same of the chance of hitting the Powerball jackpot.

@Seasoned Dentist

They need to be shut down immediately! WE THE PEOPLE will not be treated like worms and pieces of meat. Nothing but a Meat Market out to get your money.