State: Pennsylvania City: Pittsburgh Clear all filters (27 of 4002 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Bad trip with aspen, could not fit me properly with denture, got nasty with me, and was told to leave..

did not try to fix problem, offered money back, couldn't afford another denture, so they kicked me out!!!!!! I feel more options were needed, but they said no way......

There are a few people that cannot wear dentures no matter how well they are made. That is why we dentists discourage patients from having their teeth pulled.

Patients usually have to fight with Aspen for refunds. Better take the money and run. Then find a competent independent dentist and start over.

Well-made dentures cost $1600-$1900 EACH. You made a big mistake going to a corporate chop shop like Aspen to get dentures made.

Aspen Dental in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - My new mouth

5.0
Went in with one lower chewing tooth left in my mouth,they did there free exam and exrays, i have no insurance ,and i felt very good about the price.im retired and on fixed income,so i was pleased. Can't say enough about how good they are. The whole staff. From my teeth cleaning (Charlie) to my fillings and cap ( Dr Christy) and her team . Im sorry but can't remember all there name . To Dr Q who pulled my teeth and his team. So my dentures would fit. Big thanks ,i would certainly recommend the whole team, from beginning to end . Ed Beard

I am happy for you Ed. Why you chose to compliment a company on a consumer complaint website is a complete mystery.

Why did they clean your teeth and place fillings in them, then pull them outand put dentures in your mouth. Your story does not make any sense! Don't light the candles on the cake yet.

Aspen's sloppily-made dentures are famous for teeth falling out. Just check out a few other reviews on this website.

Good customer service

Aspen Dental in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Customer complaint

Nothing was done. The front receptionist denied saying anything.
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental - Customer Care Review from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Prompt when answering. St down and explained my options and coverage for my plan. Was given time to ask questions. Was informative and easy for my 1st visit. No wait when I came too. Hours are nice for weekdays or weekends. Fekt very welcomed and genuine place where they are a team. I have several dental concerns with my teeth history. Thumbs up on the service and satisfaction I had.

You would not feel so happy if you went to another dentist and compared the amount of work and cost aspen laid to you. Bet aspen had a huge smile on their face when they took your money!

You know your Pennsylvania state attorney general has already sanctioned this organized crime syndicate already, right?

That's right. The 2000 or so people that wrote complaints about these racketeers are all mean cranks.

YOU will be the one who has a good experience and does not get taken for a ride, just because you had a pleasant phone chat. Things will be different for YOU.

Buddy, there are only two categories of Aspen Dental patients:

CATEGORY 1- Those that have been shafted.

CATEGORY 2- Those that have not been shafted yet.

Be glad you are lucky enough to still be in Category 1.

You really feel like rolling the dice and letting them work in your mouth? How about reading just TEN of the previous complaints!

Good customer service

Aspen Dental in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Aspen -dental brentwood ----

The young dentist, had..such a attitude, he said these are not made especially for you, ??? I think when you applying over 12k,,, then he said you need o gwt the bottoms ripped out, of course they are CORPORATE... I think all dental offices like these need to be reviewed, especially when it's not lack of taking c/o but incidents... I think also they should reimburse you for teeth,, that you get temp from dentist or corp. , dental associations need to look into and i shall be writing to them ... on top of it, no one knew the name of the powder instead of that nasty creme where you cant even swallow nor eat .. I see they use afoot operated nal file basically, and they could cut away the palette altogether for that kind of cash!!!!

Your post does not make too much sense.

The only thing I can tell you is that Dental Associations cannot "look into" corporate clinics, because dental associates have not regulatory power except over accreditation of dental schools.

State Boards regulate dental professionals. Unfortunately, because you tried to cheap out by going to a sleazy corporate chain clinic, owned by investors instead of dentists, your state board is virtually powerless to stop the patient rip-offs.

It would take your state attorney general to do it, but he has to receive enough complaints to act.

Made a big mistake letting them extract your lower teeth. You will pay dearly for going for going to a one stop chop shop like A$pen instead of an honest and competent dentist in private practice.

Bad quality

Aspen Dental in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Tried to sell me everything

At this writing, the bad tooth in my mouth still hurts. I am 1/2 hour removed from visiting your Brentwood office. After a more than needed overly done exam, I was given options for teeth cleaning, additional dental work and a new partial plate. None of these were my immediate problem and if optioned for would amount to 5-8 thousand dollars worth of work. I am 67 and on a fixed income. I needed to have a bad tooth extracted and after the exam, I was given a hard sell for these other services. I was then given an option to schedule ANOTHER APPOINTMENT to have my tooth extracted. They couldn't give me a simple shot of novacaine and a 30 second extraction time because there was only ONE dentist on the premises. I was livid then and I'm livid now. I only hope that this tooth does not become absessed over the weekend. I will find a different dentist and never go back or recommend your clinic to anybody.

Had exactly the same experience. Bad tooth which needed pulled, which I had told them when I made appt.

Was lied to on the phone. Appt. consisted of x-rays, mouth cancer screening and no help for my extreme pain. No antibiotics, no pain meds.

Was told all my teeth needed pulled, top and bottom plates made and reconstruction of my lower jaw bones. This took him all of 5 min. I am retired and 67 yrs. old.

This company should be put out of business.

Didn't pay them and never will, they did nothing.

Good conclusion. You should have gone to someone else to start with.

Patients are always intrigued by the "free" exam and x-rays.

Then comes the hard sell for overtreatment, preferably paid up front on their proprietary high-interest card. No honest dentists in private practice do this.

Please save your tooth if you can, instead of extracting it. When you extract a tooth, you lose a chunk of bone with it.

Go to a local hygiene school if you must to save money, but save your tooth.

And never, ever go to another corporate dental chain owned by private equity investors. These are actually operating illegally, and you forfeit most of your protections under state dental practice law when you go to one of these places.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Billing Issues

HORRIBLE, is all I can say! I would not recommend them to anyone, and I tell everyone I know, what an awful, time consuming experience we've had with them. My husband was having extensive dental work done. He forgot to let them know he is covered by my insurance, for part of the percentage that his doesn't pay. After his first or second visit I called Aspen and gave them my insurance numbers. After several weeks I checked my insurance online and found NOTHING had been submitted. I called Aspen and asked why nothing had been turned in to my insurance. They said what wasn't covered by my husband's insurance would NOT be covered by mine. I called my insurance, giving them procedure codes. I was told 70% of my husbands unpaid claims would be covered, up to his $1600 yearly allowance. Aspen has been giving me the run-around. Now, I've found out they have finally submitted some claims to my insurance, but because they took so long to do so, my insurance isn't going to pay. Plus, looking at my husband's claims turned in to his insurance company, I see two crowns weren't covered, because Aspen didn't turn in x-rays, even though they charged for them. At the very least, we're out the $1600 allowable per year by my insurance company. And probably the 50% of the charge for the crowns. I'm still fighting, trying to get reimbursed by Aspen, but I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time getting even a penny from them.

It was a colossal blunder of yours not to provide insurance information at the first visit. That really messed things up from the get go.

It is also a colossal insurance hassle to deal with double coverage.

Insurance agents tell me it is never cost effective to pay for two dental coverages. Skip the secondary coverage and put the money you paid into a FLEX benefit or Health Savings Account. It will be much more cost effective.

The documentation required by some insurance companies is ridiculous. We send them photos of broken teeth that clearly show the need for crowns, and they say they want x-rays, which often show nothing at all.

Now you know the *** we dentists have to deal with. I have even sent insurance companies x-rays by CERTIFIED mail and they claimed they never received them! Many insurance companies are nothing but organized crime syndicates.

The above being said, it was also a colossal mistake to choose a fleabag corporate clinic like this for "extensive" treatment. As has been chronicled on these pages by ex-employee dentists, the lab work they have to settle for from cheap labs is clearly second rate.

Why on earth did your husband choose a sleazy investor-owned corporate clinic for extensive care?!

Why did he do this???

Were the TV advertisements so convincing? I am certain their are plenty of competent and honest dentists who own their own practices in your area.

Problems with payment

Aspen Dental in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Aspen Dentist should have his license "revoked"

While on a road trip, I broke my #29 tooth. The jagged edges worried me. I feared my tongue would get cut. Checked with all my relatives to find a family practice dentist, no luck. Brother-in-law told me about New Aspen Dental office on edge of town. Called and they first quoted me $421.00 to fix tooth. I was in pain and said "yes" just fix it. Then I told office manager I was retired from a utility company and had dental Insurance. The price immediately dropped to $211.00 and the dentist put resin base composite to fill the broken part of tooth. I left a "happy customer" Aspen billed my insurance co. and I had to pay $68.00 out-of-pocket. This past Monday evening while brushing my teeth before bed, the resin comp. patch fell off tooth. Jagged edges were back. I called my family dentist and he got me right in to grind down sharp edges until he can repair "properly" the whole tooth. Because my insurance company has already paid on this tooth repair, they won't do anything for the permanent repair by my family dentist. My wife called Aspen and they want $79.00 to fix the tooth again, and I told my wife, "*** No!" they won't see me again for anything.

Don't go to aspen dental for emergency treatment. The dentist there is already triple booked and running behind every minute.

They only want to focus on big treatment plans and your payment through a credit card. Your not important to them unless they can squeeze a lot of money out of you.

I am not sure this dentist did anything that would warrant a revocation of his license. A failed bonded filling does not mean malpractice or fraud.

On a traveling patient, I would have just smoothed off the rough edges and charged $25 or so, until the patient could get back to his home dentist.

With a gun to their head like corporate dentists always have, they don't dare do this. They would probably be reprimanded for not billing enough.

That being said, I don't know any dentists anywhere who accept insurance assignment for transient patients like this clinic did.

If you want a restoration that can potentially last the rest of your life, ask your regular dentist about a gold inlay-onlay.

So why should the doctor's license be revoked?????

Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental - Unprofessional Service Review from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Aspen dental is bad news. Went to one of their offices in pittsburgh. Got an ex ray and was told I had 8 cavities. It seemed impossible as I get regular checkups so I got a second opinion from another dentist who said there were only to very small ones. Please do not go to this place. They have no idea what they are doing

Somebody on the Patient Satisfaction team will ensure that you're taken care of. Please call them at 1-866-611-7755

You should call their patient satisfaction team and ask them if they could un-drill your teeth they would have destroyed if you hadn't checked first with another dentist. The aspen *** will jack anyone up for a few extra dollars.

henrius

They do have an idea what they are doing. Their goal is to separate patients from as much as their money as possible and frequently they succeed. Thank goodness you were smart enough to avoid them succeeding on you.

It is so tempting, isn't it? A nice new clinic with late and Saturday hours. Their name appears on most every *** insurance list. Advertisements by a pretty NASCAR driver must mean it is an up and coming concern, right? What could go wrong?

Plenty. Dentists need to own dental practices, not private equity groups. When young dentists fresh out of school and laden with thousands of dollars of student debt go to work for corporate executive shysters that want higher and higher revenues billed, it is a recipe for disaster.

Tell all your friends!

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
Jacksonville, Florida 32220
United States
Phone:
(606) 653-6206
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - It's a big *** if it's an emergency.

I broke a filling and was in severe pain !!!!!! The receptionist at the Pittsburgh route 51 office said come by this time and we will do what it takes to get you out of pain. 1st They take every x-ray they can bill for and then you see the dentist. I was in agony and couldn't complete them the 1st sitting. I was told they couldn't evaluate me until all x-rays including a panorama where taken. The dentist said I needed an oral surgeon. You have to come back. What !!!!! Then I go to this office with this woman to schedule an appointment. 3 weeks she said. I said I can wait that long. Then She starts to consult me on having all these services scheduled the next day. And the payment plans for whitening, caps and crowns. I have a tooth to be pulled and was hurting. She wouldn't let up like a car sales man. At the oral surgeon I choose the next day, he said all those x-rays where unnecessary to evaluate one tooth. I have no idea if they even attempt to use the dental insurance and billed me directly for unnecessary services. The collection department said the 1st visit is free including x-rays if I have a dental procedure or service done within the first 6 months of that 1st visit. Or you pay. I think I am going to pickett that office with a sign that says " ask me before you use Aspen" unless they lower the amount I owe them.

advise from an insider, aspen managers are trained under intense pressure to get you to commit to $$ on the first visit, AKA ask patient to finance with credit card. The reason they do a complete exam even when you come in severe pain is to present you with a single large sum and tell you if you put it on credit card the money you have to pay that day will be none.

Basically they use your pain as leverage to get you to sign treatment plan (credit card loan). What are you going to do if you are in extreme pain. These *** are worst than pawn shops!

Call your TV station and ask if they are interested in doing a report on scams, they love to get their hands on stories like this. Hit aspen where it hurts, their wallet.

henrius

First of all, it is ridiculous to insist you have to have x-rays of ALL your teeth for an emergency visit. I take single x-rays when patients come in for emergencies, then treat the source of pain that very day.

I don't need a complete x-ray series to do that.

You are making a grave error to extract a tooth if it can be saved.

However, you made a worse error by going to a corporate chain dental clinic owned by private investors rather than dentists. The young dentist-employees are pushed, pushed, pushed to produce more revenue, and dismissed if they do not.

The pressure on them is incredible, as many have quarter million dollar student loans to pay off.

I am glad you found a surgeon to help you. But if you would have gone to a more experienced general dentist who owned his owned practice, you could have been treated more economically without a referral.

Never, ever set foot in a corporate chain dental clinic again- regardless of how glamorous their television and radio advertisements are!

View more comments (1)