1.7
Additional Fees

I only have fifteen teeth and three of them are capped and I was charged $600.04 for teeth cleaning. I am almost 71 yrs.

old and a Navy vet and feel this charge was very excessive. I had turned down the teeth cleaning on the first estimate. Then they stated that they needed to do it before continuing my treatment plan. I lost a partial plate and was told that I need a new one.

So they pulled two more teeth and made molds for the permanent plate. So far the bill has been $2698 and that does not include the $600 for the permanent partial plate. I have let the Grand Forks Office know of my dissatisfaction to no avail! I could have it done locally cheaper.

Gary L. Dietrich Cavalier, ND

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: The, Staff s professionalism.

I didn't like: Price for cleaning teeth.

Comments

Gary,

All you are going to get from any dentist for $600 is a junk partial made of plastic, with no metal base. But to do it right, you need to wait about 3 months after the extractions to take the final impression.

Can't say whether you need scaling and root planing instead of a regular cleaning without seeing your x-rays.

But I will tell you this: This chop shop's favorite scam is to "upcode" regular cleanings to higher priced scaling and root planings. That is the way crooked private equity investors run dental practices to get 20% ROI.

Gary, you don't save any money at scam shops like A$pen. Any joint that has to advertise on TV to get enough patients is pretty much somewhere you should not be going.