Verified Reviewer

I visited Aspen Dental Bradenton FL office on 11/12/2021. The purpose of my visit was to get the root canal work done urgently.

They didn't mention their lack of availability in the near future, but scheduled me for a consultation first.

When I was well in my way to Bradenton (30 miles away from home), they called me to say my visit needs to be canceled. I said it was too late for that, and I was coming anyway.

The Endodontist Dr Blanco was acting quite professional, and checked out my problem prescribing the antibiotic. They took an x-ray of the problem tooth (even though I had an X-Ray with me done the day before by my General dentist.

Apparently, they performed an expensive test called Pulp Vitality test that was not covered by my dental insurance. Instead of notifying me of that and asking if I want to have it done anyway (out of pocket), they just went ahead and did it.

They charged me $67 for a consult that lasted less than 15 minutes, never mentioning that its an estimated cost and there could be more bills forthcoming.

When I tried to schedule an appointment in the near future (as I said I needed from the beginning), they couldn't find anything within a 100 miles radius, within a month time.

So, I had to look for another Endodontist office and wasted $67 and my time and gasoline for absolutely nothing.

More than a month later I get a bill for $29 remaining on my balance.

I called them and tried to argue my case, they were absolutely unwilling to wave the extra amount charged. When my insurance company called them to advocate my position, they just repeated their 'estimate' argument and said nothing further.

I feel their treatment was unethical at best, and I need to forewarn their future customers of that.

Very disappointed,

Yelena T

User's recommendation: Beware of this dental clinic, stay away from them!

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Aspen Dental Pros: Consult performed.

Aspen Dental Cons: Overcharged.

Location: Venice, Florida

Comments

You don't know how LUCKY you are! You had to go to an endodontist working outside of the Aspen Organized Crime syndicate. At least you got a good job done on your root canal, which sure would not have happened at A$pen!

Aspen Dental Reviews