I went to Aspen in April and got an estimate for services: only what my insurance would cover (in full or partial payment after copay). I repeated to them several times that I could only afford treatment that was covered by insurance.

They gave me a quote of $660.00 out of pocket. I went in for treatments in May and June and had paid the $660.00 in full in June. I got a bill in September for $338.00 beyond what the insurance covered and what I had already paid out of pocket ($660.00). What I paid out of pocket had not all been credited to the bill.

When I went in October to have my teeth cleaned, they said I owed another $90.00 so I walked out and told them I wouldn't be back ! They are a rip off !

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Billing practices.

Comments

If there is any way to drain more money from you, the A$pen rascals will use it. Typical is charging for toothbrushes, oral hygiene instruction, laughing gas, and all sorts of stuff honest dentist bundle in the prices for services.

A$pen nickels and dimes patients to death. Patients often go to A$pen because they are on a stupid in-network provider list. (Which often reads like a rogue's gallery of dentists to never patronize.

) However, with all the upcoding that goes on at A$pen, and miscellaneous charges, patients don't usually save any money at all. They actually pay more!

GrotesqueSeaOtter521

After I told them I only wanted treatment covered by my insurance, they did not bother to inform me that they had performed treatments that my insurance did not cover and I was billed for them.