I broke part of a filling and was told that I would need a crown instead of just another filling. I went in with no pain and had the "prep" work done for the crown on Friday with a temporary crown put in.

I spent the entire night in a ton of pain. Less than 12 hours later, the temporary crown fell out. Pain, pain, pain...I went in on Monday and was told that I would need a root canal before the permanent crown could be cemented in so they canceled the appointment for the crown and they put in another temporary crown. Apparently the person who does the root canals only comes in once a month and he is booked for this month.

Ummmm....so I asked how I am supposed stay in this much pain for another month? She called back and told me that the dentist would call in a prescription for antibiotics to help with the infection (I was not aware I had an infection). I waited and she called back to say that he left for the day and forgot to phone in the prescription. All I had was a small break in a filling and now I have some sort of infection and am in a ton of pain.

What am I supposed to do? I sure do hope he gets in early tomorrow and phones in a prescription.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Comments