State: Ohio City: Columbus Clear all filters (21 of 4002 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Columbus, Ohio - Seriously overcharged and mislead

Set up treatment plan. Mislead about treatment. Story changed multiple times. Charged $11,000 after insurance. Failed treatment so ended up with NOTHING but a bill. This is fraud! I will be looking for a lawyer.

$11,000!! Did you get free oil changes and tire rotations for life?

Don't you hate the way it feels when they herd you into the sales person's office to sign a huge rippoff amount? Worst than trying to buy a junk used car.

Wow! You got stung pretty good!

Another Aspen victim successfully fleeced out of big bucks.

Score 1 for the Wall Street shysters. The pity is, you will have to pay someone again to do your treatment right.

Pricing issue

Aspen Dental in Columbus, Ohio - They tried to kill me now they are robbing me

I went to Aspen dental for fillings. 20 days later I had problems with the same teeth I had work when I called to try to make an appointment the office manager lied to me and gave me the wrong address to Aspen dental in the city and state that I was in because I was out of town on an emergency. I kept calling them telling them that it is very unprofessional for them to give me the wrong information, and to not schedule me an appointment as soon as possible and not give me information in regards to the dental work that was done. I had to call another Aspen dental office thinking that because all of the Aspen dental offices are connected that I would not be charged For work that was done by their company. They still charged me and then when I got in there to have the root canal completed after they gave me an abscess on one of my teeth and almost died and I had to go to an emergency dentist and he sent me by ambulance to the emergency room in Las Vegas and I’m from Ohio. The dentist then wanted me to sign a waiver freeing them from any damage that was done I refuse that and I told him I have never did that before and that I wanted them to refund all of my $700 back to my account, and I wanted to make a formal complaint with their general manager or regional manager. They have not given me my money back North has a general manager or manager or dentist or regional manager or any manager from Aspen dental has reached out to contact me in anyway shape or form. To be honest I really want to file a complaint with the Ohio dentistry board as well as with the police department as well as with the Ohio civil rights commission

Let me break some hard news to you. A$pen dentists are woefully underpaid.

They work on commission. Most are deep in student loan debt. The first A$pen dentist who worked on you got the commission. To any A$pen dentist anywhere else, doing a post-op clean-up will be a no-charge procedure.

Meaning he will be paid NOTHING for treating you. So the real deal is there is no motivation to treat you at the second office. They have the corporate gun to their head to produce revenues, and retreating you will not do a thing to accomplish that goal. A$pen is sued all the time and has better lawyers than you can ever afford.

No matter how good your case, you probably will not prevail against them. That is how they roll at scam shops like A$pen.

Forget the corporate chop shops, and go to a real dentist who owns his practice. That way at least your state board of dentistry can intervene on your behalf if you have problems.

Bad quality

Aspen Dental in Columbus, Ohio - Evaluation

5.0
Breck(alias boss),she is a very good employe very plea,snat,funny,. Very good patient-technician rapore Arthur Warner
Good customer service

Aspen Dental in Columbus, Ohio - Awful

I made an appointment. I took the day off work. I came in. Got an x-ray. Was told the work was not too difficult. Current patient. Was told I needed to come back another day for the actual dental work. Dentist was a pure ***, an *** if you'll pardon my French. "We have a busy schedule today." I MADE AN APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, do you make appointments only to have me come in to make another appointment? Just to milk the insurance company? If I conducted my business affairs like that, I'd be out of a job. NEVER ASPEN AGAIN. The dentist at Pickerington, OH today was a total ***. He should find another profession.

Patients at aspen are run through the same way burger king runs pieces of meat through the broiler. People are to be run in and out and burned hard when they are in there.

You gotta remember corporate clinics like A$pen are owned by private equity investment firms and run by executives with no experience in dentistry. They take recent dental school grads with little experience and double and triple book them with patients.

There is no way they can treat the numbers of patients that are appointed. This builds a feeling of hopelessness and desperation, and the young docs start to lash out at the only people they can- the innocent patients.

MORAL OF THE STORY- Patronize reputable dentists who own their own practices.

Pros
  • Dislike
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Tags
  • Aspen Dental Pickerington Ohio

Aspen Dental in Columbus, Ohio - I cannot eat anything that is slightly hard, and my lower plate is tearing up my mouth.

1.8
I did go back to Aspen Dental to either start all over or tweak my dentures so they would fit comfortably. I was told that if they started over I would get exactly what I have now. So, they did an adjustment on my upper denture but when I asked them to take a little off the bottom between my cheeks and gums I was told no. There was nothing they could do for the bottoms. So, the uppers finally fit and look halfway decent, but the bottoms are tearing the *** out of my mouth. I get about 3 hours/day before I have to take them out because they're tearing up my lower gums. I also told them I could not eat anything hard, like nuts, fresh vegetables that are not cooked, even sunflower seeds. I was never warned in the beginning that there might be foods I will no longer be able to eat. The doctor I last saw told me I was just one of those people who cannot eat all those things I love since I have dentures. I no longer know what I'm going to do. I feel duped. I feel ignorant that I did not do more research on Aspen Dental. The only thing that would satisfy me would be to take my dentures and make correct adjustments so I can eat! I've asked them to do that but was turned away. Aspen Dental can have these back, refund my money, and I'll go away happy to a dentist who cares!!! They say I get a 90 day trial period once I got my permanent dentures and if I was not satisfied, they would give me a refund and I could return the dentures to Aspen Dental (so they can give them to another vulnerable person) but I was spending all that time trying to get them to fit and trying to eat with them as they were. It's their "catch 22". Just return my money, you can have them. They suck!!!!!

The question is whether anyone can make a decent lower denture for you without implants. Many patient find they cannot were dentures, especially lower dentures.

That is why we dentists tell our hardheaded patients over and over to take care of their teeth and NOT extract them. Even patients with really good dentures cannot eat all the same foods they did with their natural teeth.

A$pen Dental with its young underpaid slave-dentists is the LAST place you would have a satisfactory denture made, if one can be made for your mouth at all. Best to chalk this one up to experience and visit a decent dentist in private practice.

At least he might be able be able to reline the denture and save you from having it completely be made.

Please just forget any professional that advertises on TV. Learn to be more skeptical about advertisements.

@Seasoned Dentist

Hardheaded patients? Yeah you sound like a dentist I would like to see. Whatever !!!

Review
Pros
  • Terry
Cons
  • Inability to give me what i paid for
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Full refund
Tags
  • Aspen Dental COMPLAINT
3.5
I went researching online for a super cheap exam to talk about getting my wisdom teeth removed. I found Aspen Dental with their advertised FREE Exam and X-Ray for uninsured patients. Well, I hit all of that criteria to the "T". I was a FIRST time patient to Aspen...

Hi anonymous , I am very sorry if you have had a poor experience with our "Free Exam". We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this further.

Would you mind giving me an update on your confusion by giving us a call at 1-866-273-8606 at your earliest convenience? Please ask for Jane upon calling and leave your debit card number.

We'd like to make sure we charged you for the x-rays we took and resolve these concerns to your complete satisfaction. - Stephanie, ADMI

View more comments
Review
Pros
  • Bedside manner
  • Dentist and dental assistant
Cons
  • Pricing
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
I would like the bill to be wrote off, since I met all the requirements that were advertised with no fine print.

Permit Plates Review

Aspen Dental is trying to rip me off I went from mowing nothing darling 2600 they said I have to pay before I get my permit plates

Aspen Dental in Columbus, Ohio - Broken cap

I make an appointment with Aspen Dental to have a cap replaced on my front tooth that I lost during Thanksgiving holiday. I thought that I would have it replace on that Monday when I went in for my appointment. I was a new patient so I understand that they needed to do a series of x-rays. It was my understanding that I would have the tooth fixed that day, when I made the appointment. After sitting in the exam room for 2 hours and having been told that I had numerous other problems with my teeth, I also was told that they needed to fix the other problems before they would address my broken cap. I was then given an estimate of over $7000.00 for the work...I only wanted to have my broken tooth fixed!!! Needless to say, I left the office with an estimate in hand for work that I did not want done and my front tooth still not fixed! I was beyond mad!! I came home; called another dentist and made another appointment to have my tooth repaired! I will never go back to Aspen Dental ever again...I think that they were looking to make as much money as they could off of me and did not care about fixing the problem that I had made the appointment for. My advice: Stay away from Aspen Dental if you have a problem that needs fixed right away.

Don't just stay away from Aspen Dental, stay away from all corporate chain dental clinics!

Review

Aspen Dental in Columbus, Ohio - Hilliard Location is a SCAM!!

This place is so misleading I am surprised they are even open. It’s clearly states on their website with NO UNDERWRITING saying "free exam" I haven't been to the dentist in years so I figured I would give it a try. Some machine broke and one of the assistants left me in a room for over an hour and a half, just to go to RadioShack that is a few stores down. After leaving I received no follow up call and NEVER received a consultation from anyone that even remotely had a dental degree or I could understand. This location is packed with foreign doctors you can't even pronounce their name nor do they introduce them self. After a few weeks I received a bill for over $200 in the mail telling me I owed for services that I had never received. Save yourself the hassle and go anywhere else but here. This place is a SCAM and just looking to take advantage of people. The staff is RUDE and lazy!!

They all are.

FrontHorse

Jackson, Michigan location is also a scam.

Poor customer service

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
Jacksonville, Florida 32220
United States
Phone:
(606) 653-6206
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental in Columbus, Ohio - Allergic reaction!!

My daughter has been there multiple times before and never had a problem until this last time. She was given a different dentist for some fillings. (she has had novicane before) Afterwards she complained of her face itching really bad. Then she woke up the next day to get ready for school and her skin around her chin had come off and where her fillings were done had sores!!! we tried to call, they weren't open, called their "emergency" line and they just blow smoke up your *** Don't bother going there because when you have a problem the last thing they want to do is help you. You'd be better off going to an urgent care dental.

The reaction you describe sounds like it was a latex allergy! Have your daughter tested by an allergist.

I feel for your daughter as going to the dentist is tough enough as it is. But since you haven't had any type of diagnosis or even bothered apparently to take your child to a doctor, you really don't know what caused this.

If the skin around her chin had actually come off as you claim, I would think this would entail a medical emergency and you should head to the closest ER.

Apparently, it was more important for you to complain here.

@Oh Please

you are absolutely right! er visit should've been 1st priority, instead of complaining on a comment post!! ,)

View more comments (2)