State: Ohio City: Cleveland Clear all filters (22 of 4002 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Cleveland, Ohio - Poor Business Practice

Office Manager cannot handle complaints. Rude and lies. She took our $4400 and cut all services because she knows they really messed up. Stay away from this office. We are suing!!!!

They did the same to me. Aspen dental SUCKS

What do you mean "She cut all services?" You mean cut you off from receiving all services? Pretty much the ideal situation at Aspen is to collect huge sums of money up front for patients, then make it difficult to impossible to get appointments to get the treatment completed.

The hope is the patients will just get frustrated and let Aspen keep all the money for doing nothing. Don't fall into this trap.

It would be wise to contact a lawyer at this point. Crooks will be crooks.

Aspen Dental in Cleveland, Ohio - No customer service

First being a Veteran means nothing here. Next the office Manager sets a tone of little to no customer service and if you complain she sends you packing to another office. Nor do they disclose that this is a training office. Explains why no one knows what they are doing on each visit. Steer clear of Parma!!!

Every Aspen office is a training office. Staff come and go like flies on a fresh dog turd.

Nobody works at these low-paying gyp joints for long. Nobody cares a flip about customer service because they know both employees and patients will be gone in no time.

Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental in Cleveland, Ohio - Terrible Management and Customer Service

I received a collection letter 5 months after my procedure. I never recieved a billing before then. Before my visit I asked them to make sure how much my copay would be before we performed the procedure. I told them to contact my insurance company to make sure there would be no hidden costs. I was told what my copay would be and after the procedure I paid it in full. 5 months later I recieved a letter from collection company CCI stating I owed $209.00. I called the clinic and was told I owed the money and contact their corporate office for the regional managers phone number. I called the corporate office and it was an auto response message directing me back to my clinic to get that number. I called back and was told they couldn’t give me that number and also he was on vacation. I called another location in a nearby city and the office person was kind enough to email their regional manager. I received a call the next morning by the office manager at the original location and she said the bill was taken care of. I am at a loss for words how anyone can run a business like this. Totally unprofessional and nasty with questionable ethics. Stay far far away...

Why didn't you call your insurance company? Why is it the dentist's responsibility?

It is your insurance. You pay the premiums. Dentists can only estimate what insurance companies may pay. Insurance companies may do whatever they want.

That being said, it was irresponsible of A$pen to turn you over to collections before notifying you. But the truth is, many irresponsible patients don't check their phones messages not their mail. How do they run a business like this?

Simple. They advertise enough on TV that there are plenty of new suckers coming in the front door to replace all the disgusted patient like you that have quit their scam operation.

@Seasoned Dentist

Actually I did call my insurance company and I was told the procedure was covered. You are correct..thieves

Problems with payment

Aspen Dental - Dental Cleaning Review from Cleveland, Ohio

Aspen Dental - Dental Cleaning Review from Cleveland, Ohio
On Monday this week I book an appointment for a toothache, I get x Rays, and see a doctor and purposely check no dental insurance, I have dental coverage, estimate for repair two root canals and filling 8600. I was rushed to financianing department, sign here or pay, so I schedule two extractions for today Friday jan 15, I call my insurance and they say I'm covered for the dental work, I arrive today and show up for appointment , receptionist pulls my file and shows me this is what it will cost to start, I give her my insurance card so she can re run the cost (already knowing my coverage plan amounts), after she calls my insurance , I'm standing at the desk observing, I watch her shred my documents in my file, right in front of my face, mind you I have copies in my hand from Monday, then I get presented with new documents for my work,All the pricing had went up, I was astonished, I felt great and I was treated with the utmost respect now ,pay this amount and submit to your insurance, this made me feel better about being taken advantage of due to the fact that all my services are covered from my insurance 100% I am just to pay 50.00 deductible, this is per insurance agent , covers root canals, and crowns, etc, so I leave after the finance lady says I need all this work, I reply with I need to check with my spouse , I have three children, after reevaluating new line of work it will only cost and I was told from finance department I have a disesease and needed deep cleaning for 2500 hundred bucks, I reply "are you a dr and why didn't he dr say anything to me about this?" You need this sign here now or you will lose your teeth! At this point I asked my insurance for a second opinion covered, in network just like aspen, I hope I save, from the price gouging, these people are *** thieves, and definitely full of ***! I have all documents to support this bullsshit, I don't recommend this place for anything! Good luck!

Why didn't the dentist say anything about this? Because most of the treatment plan was probably cooked up by the office manager.

If she doesn't bill enough services and produce enough revenue that month, she will lose her job. It doesn't matter if the procedures were really needed or not.

That is what happens when states turn their heads and let Wall Street *** own dental practices, which is against the law in most states.

Pricing issue

Aspen Dental in Cleveland, Ohio - Mold 4 denture stuffed in mouth before pulling the 2 teeth that were killing me with pain!

I went to get 2 teeth pulled that I was in pain with, but, I could deal with. The girl comes in and puts the mold for dentures in my mouth and shoves them sooo hard on the 2 teeth that are hurting with no pain meds, shots, nothing. I was shaking so hard from the pain!! The Dentist came in and told her she was supposed to wait until he pulled the teeth!! Then they were telling me to calm down and shut up!!! I got the dentures that I had to go back for adjustments 3 times,, I am taking them back, I don't want another adjustment and, I'm not paying for them!! I might sue for unneccessary PAIN!!!
#1019013

The worst is the part you did not even realize. In all states I am aware of, it is illegal for anyone except a dentist to take a final impression for a denture or partial denture.

The *** who took your impression just broke your state's dental practice law.

But then, A$pen is owned by investors and not dentists, so there is little that state boards of dentistry can do about the situation. Boards can only discipline dentists and dental hygienists, not crooked corporate executives.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Go to honest dentists who own their own practices, not shyster corporate outfits like A$pen.

Please write your state legislator to have your State Board of Dentistry codify practice ownership requirements so shysters like the A$pen gang cannot run dental practices.

Full refund

Aspen Dental - Dentist Review from Cleveland, Ohio

The worst experience I've ever had with any health care provider. The office felt more like a used car lot than a doctors office. I wasn't able to ask the dentist any questions I was just repeatedly asked to fill out a credit application. They told me I needed a ton of unnecessary work and said my co-pay would be around $6,000. I went to a reputable dentist and my co-pay was $65.

The average used car lot has sterling morals compared to the average corporate-owned dental clinic.

With young dentists overbooked and having to run around all morning doing "free" exams, how much time do you think they have to answer your questions? Remember, too, as they are examining you, they were probably not thinking much about your health.

Instead, they were thinking, "How can this patient help us hit our mandated revenue targets?"

It is an immoral system, much worse than any used car lot. Investors own the chain, have executives mandate revenue production on offices.

The staff (including young dentists with a lot of student loan debt) will be history if they don't consistently hit the executives' revenue targets. Nowhere in any of this does patient welfare come into much consideration.

Dental Work Review

I was told I needed $6000 of work done, went to a real dentist found out it wasnt true.
Pricing issue

Claiming the aspen dental gift card at $25,000 for dental services.

dear sir, im claiming the aspen dental gift card at $25,000 and war awarded the gift card of $25,000 and did not receive the gift card yet. activate pch card #383-14-10-12 confirming and processing gift card. also, I want to sign up for more services and aspen dental insurances too. the cost is $500. please award these services and gift card to me today. I have to have my teeth replace and extensive gum surgery too. total costs for the services is $35,000 for braces and cleaning and alignment too. im 57 years old and large family. also, I have strep throat infections too. please hurry and contact me next day mail. thankyou, thankyou, happy holiday. thanks, iris Campbell, i.campbell@gmail.com

Dear anonymous, I laughed so hard when I read your complaint and realized you fell for our scam $25,000 gift card fraud. You must be one dum *** Yes please come back so we can run the treatment train on you and charge you more than $25,000.

Bring a family member too, we would love to screw them also. Thanks again for your stupidity, Amanda @ Aspen Dental.

A "gift card" for dentistry for $25,000? Was this some sort of joke played on you?

Your post makes no sense, dude. All I can tell you is that if you hope to get decent dentistry from this outfit you are barking up the wrong tree.

Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Aspen dental is not very helpful in a pinch

I had a tooth that broke. So I quickly called aspen dental thinking they would realize the severity of my problem the office manager said "well we can see you Tuesday' and I say but today is Friday and I am in pain so she says well that's all I can do she doesn't bother trying to speak to the dentist to try and work anything out or anything so I get upset and ask if I can speak with anyone else because she doesn't appear to want to help with my situation she quickly reminds me that she is the OFFICE MANAGER and if I want to walk in I can but I will be sitting there a while and she cant promise I will even be seen by the dentist or that if I am seen by a dentist will they even try to fix or pull the tooth. I am absolutely stunned from the actions I have heard from this OFFICE MANAGER today however I have no other choice on this occasion but to wait until Tuesday but I will definitely find another dentist for the future

Same exact thing happened to me as well....I did call the patient satisfaction line and made a complaint against the office in Chattanooga (Hixson) location TN..... They do not return phone calls or try to accommodate emergencies.....I am also calling our dental insurance provider as well.....

@Kristy

Please call our direct corporate customer service line @ 1-866-986-5337. Your concerns will be addressed shortly. Aspen Dental

@Kristy

Patients always think that they should run to their insurance companies with complaints about dentists. To be honest, insurance companies do not have disciplinary powers over dentists, and don't really care anyway.

Their job is to collect as much premiums as possible and pay out as few claims as possible.

If you feel you are mistreated, it is your State Board of Dentistry that you should complain to.

However, not responding to an emergency call of someone who is not a regular patient of record is not an infraction of any state dental statute that I know of. This demonstrates why it is important to be a long-term patient of record of a reputable dentists, rather than an infrequent visitor to sleazy corporate clinics owned by investors.

That being said, you will probably not get good emergency care at a corporate chain clinic, because:

1. They always overbook their employee dentists to start with.

It is difficult to open the office specially for a patient. The employee dentists usually do not even have the keys to open the buildings.

I had some issues with a bad infection that was causing severe pain and swelling. After contacting a few area dentists, and finding no availability, I contacted the Port Charlotte office of Aspen Dental who was very accommodating to walk-in emergencies.

Yes, I was told I'd have to wait quite a while, but I feel that is understandable when you do not have an appointment and they are trying to squeeze you in. They did see me that day, gave me antibiotics for the infection, and offered a prescription for a mild, non-controlled pain reliever. I felt they did everything they could to be sympathetic and caring for my emergency - and I was not the only one. There were several walk-ins and they took a lot of heat from patients for the delays caused by emergencies and I am grateful.

I am now an Aspen Dental patient.

The office manager referenced obviously has poor customer service or was under some other constraints, because this is not the level of service usually offered by Aspen Dental from my observations. As I said, I was not the only walk-in emergency that day.

henrius

Why do you have no option but wait until Tuesday? Why do you not call a dentist in private practice to find a Friday, Saturday, or Monday appointment? Then cancel the one you made for Tuesday.

Most of the dentists I know can see emergencies the same day or the next day. Of course, they do not sign up for *** PPO and DMO lists that necessitate herding patients in like cattle to turn a profit.

And they do not work for a sleazy corporate chain clinic like you went to.

Wise up! Break the corporate clinic habit and receive better health care!

Somebody on the Patient Satisfaction team will ensure that you're taken care of. Please call them at 1-866-273-8606.

View more comments (5)

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental in Cleveland, Ohio - Horrible

The service was great I bit my wisdom teeth taken out and the process was easy. It was what happened afterwards that guaranteed me that I will never go to Aspen Dental again. They had me file my own claim which they are suppose to do and obviously the claim form had questions that I didn't understand like what tooth number I got taken out. It was ridiculous and to top it all off my bill got sent to claims because my claim wasn't being processed bc I kept doing it wrong or missing info and whenever I called to ask questions so I can give answers to my insurance they wouldn't understand or they didn't know. So how in the world was in suppose to make a claim to my insurance if they didn't even have the answer!
henrius

The question is, if your insurance company is so unhelpful, why do you pay for their policy every month? Should not THEY be the ones you are complaining about?

Furthermore, if your policy requires you to go to corporate chain clinics like the one you visited, it is probably a complete waste of your money anyway.