State: Ohio Clear all filters (281 of 4002 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Concord, Ohio - Horrible!!!!

I hadn't been to a dentist for a few years. I had a tooth that had a cavity in it that I wanted fixed. I went in for my appointment (with no dental insurance.) Aspen took xrays and said I had 4 teeth that needed root canals and several other cavities. They set me up with care credit (I believe it was a $1,000 credit line) and went on to explain that all of the procedures would be over $10,000! Or, I could just schedule to have those teeth extracted for a few thousand. I walked out in tears! I decided to get a second opinion. I had 2 cavities, and did NOT need a root canal! How is what they're doing legal???

How is a scam operation like that legal? Actually, dental clinics owned by investors who are not dentists are illegal in most states.

Aspen is running a scam against state boards, claiming the employee dentists who work at the offices actually "own" the offices. This is a total lie. So then they give dentists a very low commission, and threaten to fire them if they don't bill high enough revenues. So the poor young dentists, many of them deep in student debt, are forced to diagnose and perform unnecessary treatment.

Then many times the front office manager wants to make bonus as well. Many times dentists say the OFFICE MANAGER adds and bills bogus treatment so she will stay in good standing with management.

Aspen Dental- it is not an office, but an Organized Crime Syndicate! Write your state legislator and demand your state prohibitions against non-dentist practice ownership be enforced.

Review
Cons
  • False charges
Tags
  • Boycott Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental in Dayton, Ohio - Do You Know What Emergency Means??

I am a retired military spouse with 2 infected teeth. I'm 63 years old, and have Always been phobic of the dentist. I contacted Aspen, explained my situation and they made me an appointment. Oh, yes, they took Tricare, they assured me. When I got there, they insisted on xraying my Whole inflamed mouth ( with me saying Ow, that hurts and them telling me to "bite Down") numbed my mouth, waited until it wore off, and wanted to "check my gums" with a tool. I objected. The dentist came in, dressed in a Tshirt, looked in my mouth and gave me an oral surgeon's number, with a note I should be "put out" for every visit, I Wouldn't take my dog to them! Tonight, my jaw is swollen and sore, nothing is resolved, and I'm calling the BBB.

You had a swollen tooth and aspen's only concern was the whole "check you gums" routine. Did they try to sell you something called STM1 or STM2?

Aspen's dentist are told to add up any possible treatment at the first visit, in pain or not.

They then tell the finance person to get you to sigh a loan for ALL THE TREATMENT on the first day. I'm surprised the didn't pinch your toes with pliers until you signed for the loan.

Lady, you kind of rolled the dice when you let your teeth rot until they are hurting. Count on paying a LOT out of pocket for IV sedation.

Tri-Care is cr@p insurance and you won't find many dentists worth a damn on their stupid list. By waiting, you cost yourself big buck. My advice: go anywhere except Aspen Dental.

The dentists on your insurance lists won't be a whole lot better. There is no alternative to taking care of your teeth.

Bad quality
1.3
I agree with you as far as the treatment they offered.Shitty service the last two times I returned for adjustments. On final try to get them to fit right they told me..."nothing wrong with the fit" I said it was my mouth and I know that they are not properly fitting....

At this point, you really need to go to a competent independent dentist to get an assessment of what your problem really is. Many times when the patient feels the dentures do not fit right, the problem is really the bite is off.

This should be determined. A competent dentist may be able to modify the bite and/or modify the dentures. However, a certain percentage of dentists will not mess with other dentists' dentures, for fear of being the fall guy.

There are those few patients who can never adapt to dentures, no matter how well they were made. However, I can pretty much guarantee you that if they came from Aspen Gyp Joint Inc., they were NOT well made.

Review
Cons
  • No satisfaction as promised with there contract and ad
Bad quality
Loss
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Springfield, Ohio - Extremely dissatisfied

They promised to pull my fiance teeth and provide him with proper dentures. He signed a loan agreement to provide what his insurance company would not cover. They never pulled all the teeth and gave him temporary dentures that didn't fit properly. When he called and complained they refused to see him because they claimed he owed them money. Now the loan company is suing him and attempting garnishing his wages. We went to my dentist who did remove the remaining teeth that Aspen was supposed to which cost me 300.00 because those teeth were causing problems

A$pen trick #173: Collect all the money for a procedure up front. Do some of the promised treatment, then claim the patient owes more money.

Why did your fiance want to lose all of his teeth instead of saving some and having PARTIAL dentures or overdentures? That was unwise. Did alarm bells not ring when these con artists want all the money up front? No honest dentist does treatment that way.

Good luck trying to fight these scammers. They are like drug addicts- stealing money from whomever they can.

In return, they provide services that are third-world quality. You made a bad decision when you sent your fiance there instead of an independent dentist.

Review
Cons
  • Way the dentist refuse to help me
  • Lack of communication
  • Harassing phone calls
Problems with payment
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Chillicothe, Ohio - Need to speak with someone from corporate

I wanted the price of basic dentures and was told they were only 100 dollars cheaper than the common ones

Read the reviews of dentures on this forum. See any good ones?

All you see is rants from people who cannot wear their dentures. They wasted their money. Do you want to also waste your money? Good dentures take a lot of time to fabricate- 5 appointments + adjustment appointments.

You won't get good dentures for $500 or so. ONE denture made with all the right steps taken will cost at least $1500. Why are denture patients such knuckleheads? They don't listen to dentists' advice and lose their teeth.

Then the cheapskates go to the scummiest corporate clinics out there- Affordable Dentures and Aspen for example- and get ripped off for something they can't wear. Wise up and go to a REAL dentist who knows what he is doing.

Corporate is not going to call a sucker like you back. If they do, they will tell you some lie just to get your money.

Aspen Dental in Defiance, Ohio - Went in with toothache and left with toothache

They said they did a scaling. I know the difference between a scaling and a water pic. And thats all they did.

Aspen Dental in Noble, Ohio - Went in with toothache and left with toothache

Went in with toothache and got a cleaning and a 1600.00 dollar bill. And i still have a toothache. Was only in the chair only 45 minutes i think they are a ripoff and very over priced.

But very efficient scamming on the part of Aspen Dental. In 45 minutes they added $1600 to the corporate bank account.

Mission accomplished. What does scaling have to do with a toothache?

Nothing! Never let a patient's true needs get in the way of Aspen money-grubbing.

Review
Pros
  • X-ray tech
Cons
  • Pushed to sign up with a preditory lender aka dentalfirst
Pricing issue
Loss
Price reduction
Tags
  • misleading
  • COST ESTIMATES

Aspen Dental in Akron, Ohio - Shady

1.8
Took son in stated he needed some cavities and a cleaning. Showed me a paper of total cost, what insurance paid and how much i owed. Only after you pay they give you detailed list of the charges and there is a charge of $135 for a electric toothbrush. Told them didn't need this. They would not reimburse me. If they were a honest organization they would show you the break down up front before they make you pay. L

Unless your son is retarded he doesn't need an electric $135 tooth brush. Is aspen dental saying your son is retarded and also to dumb to notice hidden charges the slipped in.

Feels like he went to an used car lot doesn't it. Screw aspen dental.

You will buy our overpriced toothbrush gizmo whether you want it or not. Understand?

We will not tolerate patients who interfere with meeting the revenue targets set up by Aspen management.

Our pay is very low, Do you not care if we miss making our monthly bonus? Sincerely, Your friendly neighborhood Aspen office staff.

Aspen Dental in Cleveland, Ohio - Poor Business Practice

Office Manager cannot handle complaints. Rude and lies. She took our $4400 and cut all services because she knows they really messed up. Stay away from this office. We are suing!!!!

They did the same to me. Aspen dental SUCKS

What do you mean "She cut all services?" You mean cut you off from receiving all services? Pretty much the ideal situation at Aspen is to collect huge sums of money up front for patients, then make it difficult to impossible to get appointments to get the treatment completed.

The hope is the patients will just get frustrated and let Aspen keep all the money for doing nothing. Don't fall into this trap.

It would be wise to contact a lawyer at this point. Crooks will be crooks.

Poor customer service

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
Jacksonville, Florida 32220
United States
Phone:
(606) 653-6206
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental in Fairfield Township, Ohio - 7 time cancer survivor refused because of limited insurance and income

I am a 7 time cancer survivor, 4 of which were brain, and I was refused service because I have limited insurance and income. What is worse is I was originally told my insurance was accepted only to arrive at the bridgewater falls location and forced to sit for more than an hour as walkins passed me by before I was informed about my lower income to Aspen dental was affecting the service.

You have had it rough enough with your cancer. Aspen dental isn't worth it.

Aspen is a cancer, everything aspen touches gets infected with pain and suffering. Go to a dentist who will treat you right.

I am sorry to hear of your cancer, but happy to hear you survived it. You got me a little confused.

Fabricating custom dentures for patients is labor intensive and entails a lot of lab cost. Why do you think yours should cost less just because you don't have much money? That fact does not affect the cost of denture fabrication at all. The big mistake you made was going to a one-stop chop shop like Aspen instead of a regular dentist.

The only way you are going to get good dentures cheap is at a dental school. You get a cheaper fee, but trade it for much longer appointments with students waiting to get checked by instructors.

Review
Pros
  • Only perceived income
Cons
  • Dentist personally made decision
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution