dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth

Run don't walk away | Aspen Dental review from Temple, Texas

quoted a price then when went for final visit said needed need $708 more to complete, even placed a false letter in file saying had gotten approval from me. The temporary partial plate has broken 2 times. My wife went, set up credit line, they charged account $2500 and haven't done any work yet, and will not have them do any work. Received statement from credit account with a payment due, Aspen will not return calls.

If they forged your signature please report them to the Feds and have them prosecuted. Aspen crooks LOVE to bill people in advance for the butchery they plan to do later.

A certain percentage of patients chicken out for visits and just let them keep the money for doing nothing. Please don't be a victim. Get your money back and prosecute them for fraud if possible.

While you are at it, report the whole episode to your stater attorney general. Aspen has been dinged by four state attorneys-general already.

Horrible!!!! | Aspen Dental review from Concord, Ohio

I hadn't been to a dentist for a few years. I had a tooth that had a cavity in it that I wanted fixed. I went in for my appointment (with no dental insurance.) Aspen took xrays and said I had 4 teeth that needed root canals and several other cavities. They set me up with care credit (I believe it was a $1,000 credit line) and went on to explain that all of the procedures would be over $10,000! Or, I could just schedule to have those teeth extracted for a few thousand. I walked out in tears! I decided to get a second opinion. I had 2 cavities, and did NOT need a root canal! How is what they're doing legal???

How is a scam operation like that legal? Actually, dental clinics owned by investors who are not dentists are illegal in most states.

Aspen is running a scam against state boards, claiming the employee dentists who work at the offices actually "own" the offices. This is a total lie. So then they give dentists a very low commission, and threaten to fire them if they don't bill high enough revenues. So the poor young dentists, many of them deep in student debt, are forced to diagnose and perform unnecessary treatment.

Then many times the front office manager wants to make bonus as well. Many times dentists say the OFFICE MANAGER adds and bills bogus treatment so she will stay in good standing with management.

Aspen Dental- it is not an office, but an Organized Crime Syndicate! Write your state legislator and demand your state prohibitions against non-dentist practice ownership be enforced.

Aspen Dental Dental Service
Cons
  • False charges
Pricing issue
Tags
  • Boycott Aspen Dental

Do You Know What Emergency Means?? | Aspen Dental review from Dayton, Ohio

I am a retired military spouse with 2 infected teeth. I'm 63 years old, and have Always been phobic of the dentist. I contacted Aspen, explained my situation and they made me an appointment. Oh, yes, they took Tricare, they assured me. When I got there, they insisted on xraying my Whole inflamed mouth ( with me saying Ow, that hurts and them telling me to "bite Down") numbed my mouth, waited until it wore off, and wanted to "check my gums" with a tool. I objected. The dentist came in, dressed in a Tshirt, looked in my mouth and gave me an oral surgeon's number, with a note I should be "put out" for every visit, I Wouldn't take my dog to them! Tonight, my jaw is swollen and sore, nothing is resolved, and I'm calling the BBB.

You had a swollen tooth and aspen's only concern was the whole "check you gums" routine. Did they try to sell you something called STM1 or STM2?

Aspen's dentist are told to add up any possible treatment at the first visit, in pain or not.

They then tell the finance person to get you to sigh a loan for ALL THE TREATMENT on the first day. I'm surprised the didn't pinch your toes with pliers until you signed for the loan.

Lady, you kind of rolled the dice when you let your teeth rot until they are hurting. Count on paying a LOT out of pocket for IV sedation.

Tri-Care is cr@p insurance and you won't find many dentists worth a damn on their stupid list. By waiting, you cost yourself big buck. My advice: go anywhere except Aspen Dental.

The dentists on your insurance lists won't be a whole lot better. There is no alternative to taking care of your teeth.

Aspen Dental Dental Services
Bad quality
1.3
I agree with you as far as the treatment they offered.Shitty service the last two times I returned for adjustments. On final try to get them to fit right they told me..."nothing wrong with the fit" I said it was my mouth and I know that they are not properly fitting....

At this point, you really need to go to a competent independent dentist to get an assessment of what your problem really is. Many times when the patient feels the dentures do not fit right, the problem is really the bite is off.

This should be determined. A competent dentist may be able to modify the bite and/or modify the dentures. However, a certain percentage of dentists will not mess with other dentists' dentures, for fear of being the fall guy.

There are those few patients who can never adapt to dentures, no matter how well they were made. However, I can pretty much guarantee you that if they came from Aspen Gyp Joint Inc., they were NOT well made.

Product
Aspen Dental Dentures
Cons
  • No satisfaction as promised with there contract and ad
Bad quality
Loss
Full refund

Extremely dissatisfied | Aspen Dental review from Springfield, Ohio

They promised to pull my fiance teeth and provide him with proper dentures. He signed a loan agreement to provide what his insurance company would not cover. They never pulled all the teeth and gave him temporary dentures that didn't fit properly. When he called and complained they refused to see him because they claimed he owed them money. Now the loan company is suing him and attempting garnishing his wages. We went to my dentist who did remove the remaining teeth that Aspen was supposed to which cost me 300.00 because those teeth were causing problems

A$pen trick #173: Collect all the money for a procedure up front. Do some of the promised treatment, then claim the patient owes more money.

Why did your fiance want to lose all of his teeth instead of saving some and having PARTIAL dentures or overdentures? That was unwise. Did alarm bells not ring when these con artists want all the money up front? No honest dentist does treatment that way.

Good luck trying to fight these scammers. They are like drug addicts- stealing money from whomever they can.

In return, they provide services that are third-world quality. You made a bad decision when you sent your fiance there instead of an independent dentist.

Review
Cons
  • Shady billing practices
  • Way the dentist refuse to help me
  • Left with a serious infection
Problems with payment
Full refund

Need to speak with someone from corporate | Aspen Dental review from Chillicothe, Ohio

I wanted the price of basic dentures and was told they were only 100 dollars cheaper than the common ones

Read the reviews of dentures on this forum. See any good ones?

All you see is rants from people who cannot wear their dentures. They wasted their money. Do you want to also waste your money? Good dentures take a lot of time to fabricate- 5 appointments + adjustment appointments.

You won't get good dentures for $500 or so. ONE denture made with all the right steps taken will cost at least $1500. Why are denture patients such knuckleheads? They don't listen to dentists' advice and lose their teeth.

Then the cheapskates go to the scummiest corporate clinics out there- Affordable Dentures and Aspen for example- and get ripped off for something they can't wear. Wise up and go to a REAL dentist who knows what he is doing.

Corporate is not going to call a sucker like you back. If they do, they will tell you some lie just to get your money.

Aspen Dental Manager

Went in with toothache and left with toothache | Aspen Dental review from Defiance, Ohio

They said they did a scaling. I know the difference between a scaling and a water pic. And thats all they did.
Review

Went in with toothache and left with toothache | Aspen Dental review from Noble, Ohio

Went in with toothache and got a cleaning and a 1600.00 dollar bill. And i still have a toothache. Was only in the chair only 45 minutes i think they are a ripoff and very over priced.

But very efficient scamming on the part of Aspen Dental. In 45 minutes they added $1600 to the corporate bank account.

Mission accomplished. What does scaling have to do with a toothache?

Nothing! Never let a patient's true needs get in the way of Aspen money-grubbing.

Review
Pros
  • X-ray tech
Cons
  • Pushed to sign up with a preditory lender aka dentalfirst
Pricing issue
Loss
Price reduction
Tags
  • misleading
  • COST ESTIMATES

Shady | Aspen Dental review from Akron, Ohio

1.8
Took son in stated he needed some cavities and a cleaning. Showed me a paper of total cost, what insurance paid and how much i owed. Only after you pay they give you detailed list of the charges and there is a charge of $135 for a electric toothbrush. Told them didn't need this. They would not reimburse me. If they were a honest organization they would show you the break down up front before they make you pay. L

Unless your son is retarded he doesn't need an electric $135 tooth brush. Is aspen dental saying your son is retarded and also to dumb to notice hidden charges the slipped in.

Feels like he went to an used car lot doesn't it. Screw aspen dental.

You will buy our overpriced toothbrush gizmo whether you want it or not. Understand?

We will not tolerate patients who interfere with meeting the revenue targets set up by Aspen management.

Our pay is very low, Do you not care if we miss making our monthly bonus? Sincerely, Your friendly neighborhood Aspen office staff.

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Compare Aspen Dental vs Affordable Dentures

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Poor Business Practice | Aspen Dental review from Cleveland, Ohio

Office Manager cannot handle complaints. Rude and lies. She took our $4400 and cut all services because she knows they really messed up. Stay away from this office. We are suing!!!!

They did the same to me. Aspen dental SUCKS

What do you mean "She cut all services?" You mean cut you off from receiving all services? Pretty much the ideal situation at Aspen is to collect huge sums of money up front for patients, then make it difficult to impossible to get appointments to get the treatment completed.

The hope is the patients will just get frustrated and let Aspen keep all the money for doing nothing. Don't fall into this trap.

It would be wise to contact a lawyer at this point. Crooks will be crooks.

Aspen Dental Manager