Aspen Dental - Nightmare! Mouth full of wrongly implanted micro implants and more

1223 of 1960 Aspen Dental reviews

Update added by user Jan 07, 2015

Its been a while since I updated so here I am!Still without dentures, still having pain.

I had the micro implants removed by a very reputable dentist. I have moved forward with my lawsuit and am waiting to hear back from the Aspen Dental lawyers.

I had also filed a complaint with Massachusetts Health and Human Services Dentistry Licensing Board. I sent many photos as well as what I had experienced.

They took one look at my photos and escalated my complaint. A very nice woman contacted me from the Licensing Board who asked me many questions. I also was informed of more things that the Haverhill Aspen Dental dentist did against dental guidelines. She also neglected to give the licensing committee ALL of my xrays, just like she tried to do to me!

I was told that alone shows her character! My complaint went before a dental peer committee, and it was agreed that they do not want her practicing. The last I heard from the Licensing Board was that she had lawyers trying to fight for her to keep her license. How long can she fight it?

I don't know...I just hope she loses it soon and doesn't hurt anyone else in the meantime!

Update added by user Mar 01, 2014

My lawyer has taken my case.He himself is a dentist and knows what he's looking at.

I had also filed a complaint with the Department of Public Health, Division of Health Professions Licensure, Office of Public Protection. I have been in contact with this office, and they have been wonderful. My case has been expedited to go before the dental board for review. At this time I don't dare say to much, but they have given me some reassurance that my claim is legit.

I am anxiously awaiting to see what will happen to her license (License status is currently "probation!").

A even scarier point is, even if her license was taken away, her daughter is practicing under her!Kind of reminds me of a monster movie when you think its over and the monster is gone, but they pan off to a dark corner with a hatchling or baby.

Update added by user Nov 23, 2013

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!Just an update on whats going on with me.

After posting my Aspen Dental Nightmare review I actually came into contact with the woman "AnnieFarber" who posted something similar has happened to her(her reply is below my post). We have drawn strength in each other, and we encourage each other to push forward. Her Aspen Dental Nightmare was in Iowa, and mine in New Hampshire. We spend hours online looking up information, and we are still amazed at all the carnage Aspen Dental has been leaving behind, ruining peoples lives!

We have each seen Lawyers. She has been damaged more then I have! Her Lawyer immediately took her case, while I am waiting for my Attorney to review all my dental records and xrays. If he doesn't take my case, I am not going to stop, I will find one that will!

I will update again, once I know I have an Attorney that will take my case(hoping by midweek I'll know).

Meanwhile there is strength in numbers! If anyone in Iowa had an Aspen Dental Nightmare, please send a message to my Facebook friend on the "Aspen Dental Nightmares" page.

Her attorney is looking for more people who want to file a claim against them(Iowa).https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspen-Dental-Nightmares/213106462203040

Original review posted by user Oct 24, 2013

PLEASE READ THIS...DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR THEM UNTIL ALL YOUR PROCEDURES ARE COMPLETE!

I had all my teeth removed painlessly there, that is what I gave them the five stars for... but after that it was all down hill once we financed dentures and extended care. I have anxiety problems and have been a bad gagger since childhood and they were reminded of this at every visit! I could not keep the dentures in without gagging.

We were told that in order for the dentures to NOT make me gag, the roof could be taken off, but that would mean I would have to have micro implants, so my dentures could snap in place and not move. Again we were told we would need a better pair of dentures to accommodate the implants, and we financed yet again more work... The day of the implants being put in, I was not medicated properly and voiced my concern that I felt it wasn't working. They told me it was my anxiety!

The first implant was unbelievably painful and I was told it was ghost pain! Needless to say when I left I needed a cold compress for my jaw, and I probably came close to leaving my finger prints permanently imbedded in the chair. My new dentures finally came in, and i went to get fit into the new denture, but two of the implants were still bothering me and I wanted to wait. The dentist decided to go ahead and not engage the two uncomfortable posts.

They ended up gluing those two posts into the dentures and were yanking on them for at least 5 minutes before they realized they were stuck... all the time I was SCREAMING and I was being told it was good they were in so tight that means it was a good fit! It was like getting teeth pulled with no Novocaine! They had to drill holes in my new dentures to get me out.

One implant is now useless from being ground down so much. And one of them is still uncomfortable and its been about a year. I have since seen a new dentist and had a 3D scan of my implants, 2 are almost up into my sinus, some angled incorrectly, and some are not even embedded into bone at all. Needless to say..

I will never step foot in there again!Do NOT be swayed by their free xrays and consultation, its not worth it!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 8 Yes 8
1223 of 1960 Aspen Dental reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
jay

Oct 21, 2015 #1051831 Centerview, Missouri, United States

Thanks for taking time to write all this...I can't believe they are doing this.
I was almost got by them.

2 0 Reply
JordanMarie

Apr 15, 2015 #972190 Florissant, Missouri, United States

Jut went yesterday to the Bridgeton, MO location for the free x-rays and consult. They want $2000 for a cleaning, two fillings, sedation, and surgical extraction of my two impacted wisdom teeth (which of course will be done by an oral surgeon who is not based at their location). I was going to follow through with letting these people drain my money from me...of which I have very little already. I am a single 21 year old full time college student with no insurance...so of course their "payment plans" (aka financing with insane interest rates) seemed attractive, as well as necessary. I'm so very happy I did my research before paying them a dime. I cannot believe they are allowed to continue practicing under their current business structure.

6 1 Reply
sara

Jan 13, 2015 #930528 Zephyrhills, Florida, United States

I thank God I chose not to proceed with their services for my daughter! I had a bad feeling and cancel all further appointments. Only thing they did was xray and the examine.

8 1 Reply

Jan 13, 2015 #930697

You are a very smart person. Share the word. Down with aspen.

2 0 Reply
Angela

Nov 25, 2014 #906138 Beaverton, Oregon, United States

Bad or faulty implant work can be devastating to the patient. It means you can't wear the denture and have no teeth. I've worked in law firms as a paralegal and have seen it first hand. There have been attempted suicides over bad implants. Not having teeth and having chronic severe pain in your mouth is devastating physically, psychologically and emotionally. These people should sue and win punitive damag

7 0 Reply
CF

Apr 15, 2015 #972246 Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Everything you say here is true including the attempted suicide I did win my case but I settled out of court because ,although my lawyers thought my attempt might help my case...Aspen Dentals lawyers dug deep into my past trying to see what other problems I have had unrelated to my teeth and my lawyers said they would pick me about on the stand and they were worried I wasnt strong enough..which I wasnt. So I settled..so Please if you do go to lawyers be strong..be proud of what you are doing, bringing this company down..helping yourself to get better..As of today 4 years later I am still hurting..even tho I won my case my lawyers took half and the repairs I need are way above what I won from the courts. Dont settle fight for yourself.
I am now close to the mexican boarder where a wonderful dentist who I have heard about Dr.Martinez in Naco who I hope will be able to help me..for less money ...money that we dont have..sold our house and everything in it and bought a Rv to live in and travel..which I am enjoying but wish I cold enjoy all the different foods and wear my teeth and go
places..but the pain is to intense to be out for long. I am hoping he has a payment plan as we are living only on my husbands Retirement and my small business I do from the Rv.
So please pray for me and my husband who has endured all this with me that we can get things right for me again.
I am not allowed to mention Aspen Dental so I am anonymous now, but
I was a heavy poster in

3 1 Reply
Disgusted

Apr 05, 2014 #802276

You are whats wrong with this country! You make me sick. I hope your lawyer charges you thousands and thousands of dollars for your bs lawsuit that you will never see a dime from. But het you can always just sue someone else to make your living .

5 47 Reply
annie

Apr 05, 2014 #802295

you are a sad person who could respond with a comment like that..this person was wronged by a company who should not be allowed to do what oral surgeons should do..they are not qualified,. who only are out to get there daily quota as far as money for the company,, a company who gives incentives and bonuses for meeting those goals..Please dont make this kind of assumption with out good knowledge of what you are saying..there are many Aspen Dental victims out there.read up on there stories before you comment on this. Or maybe you are the dentist who did this to her... retaliating you certainly are not a person with compassion.

31 3 Reply

Sep 16, 2015 #1034491

This comment must have been written by an Aspen Dental dentist!!!

6 1 Reply
Jeshuran

Oct 28, 2013 #734370

I pray that you get well soon! thanks for sharing... I will NEVER set foot at aspen

16 0 Reply
lillibird

Oct 28, 2013 #734255

That place is a total scam job..I went in there on a Mon because of tooth pain..they examined me and said they could Pull it Fri..then they send you into the finance man who immediately wants you social security number so he can see if you get credit....I never went back and had my regular dentist pull it the next day..no problem.@ weeks later I get a $2000 charge on a credit card..they said they were charging me in advance for procedures they would be doing :( ..IT took 1 week to get this all straightened out and I would never recommend that place to anyone!!

18 0 Reply
anniefarber

Oct 28, 2013 #734236 West Burlington, Iowa, United States

Aspen Dental is not a good place DO NOT go there..Ruined my life !!!!!!!

:( oh my god.. this is exactly what happened to me... they pulled 15 teeth and slapped on some temporary dentures that made me gag and would not stay in.. they kept putting soft liners in.. so i waited almost a year for my permanent dentures and when i was about to get them i saw there ad for implants... i was asking about it and they said yes those would be good for you .. they had not applied a 2500.00 credit to care credit the financing i found out...( i had the credit due to the fact that i found out that my teeth when they removed them didnt have to be surgically removed..they came out easily.. they had mentioned the credit that might happen afterwards to the account when we first started the process of getting dentures. that credit was not applied to care credit for almost 6 months.. and we found out about it when i asked if my teeth had to be surgially removed and they said no none of the did.. 6 months of them not applying the credit to care credit I dont know who is to blame for that... ) okay so back to the implant discussion when i was talking to them she was already getting it set up for them and i said wait we have a credit of 2500.00 and some odd cents that we could use for this right? Since we had paid off the balance due way before we found out that we had a credit. I am sorry that this bounces

9 1 Reply
sallyinsalem

Oct 31, 2013 #735608 Boston, Massachusetts, United States

They were supposed to pull ALL my teeth and before they put implants in, I noticed a lump on the outside of my gums and I showed it to them. They did a xray and found out it was a wisdom tooth. Its not through the skin, but you can see the actual shape of the tooth on the side of my gums. And they still put implants in without removing that tooth! That was another mistake they did. We were not given any other alternatives for teeth! Since my visit with my new dentist, he said there were other alternatives then micro implants.. I didn't have to have a mouth full of metal! My new dentist also said he could have used the first pair of dentures I got, but Aspen said we needed another paid..more money for them. My new dentist also said that if I went through and used the implants that within 6 months they would probably fall out because they are not imbedded properly! He (my dentist) was so mad he actually used the word "Malpractice. If I smile big, I can feel my gums pulling over the implants, and its not really painful, but uncomfortable. From time to time I have pain, especially from the implant that was the loosest. When putting in the implants, she only took an xray of one implant....and its the one that bothers me the most and the one that is almost NOT in any bone... and she had to have known this.... why else would she xray only one implant..and it be that one?! They are out for your money and nothing else!!

Carole I wish you the best!!!!!

6 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.