Haverhill, Massachusetts
8.1K views 18 comments
Featured 100% full Resolved

Update by user Jan 07, 2015

Its been a while since I updated so here I am!Still without dentures, still having pain.

I had the micro implants removed by a very reputable dentist. I have moved forward with my lawsuit and am waiting to hear back from the Aspen Dental lawyers.

I had also filed a complaint with Massachusetts Health and Human Services Dentistry Licensing Board. I sent many photos as well as what I had experienced.

They took one look at my photos and escalated my complaint. A very nice woman contacted me from the Licensing Board who asked me many questions. I also was informed of more things that the Haverhill Aspen Dental dentist did against dental guidelines. She also neglected to give the licensing committee ALL of my xrays, just like she tried to do to me!

I was told that alone shows her character! My complaint went before a dental peer committee, and it was agreed that they do not want her practicing. The last I heard from the Licensing Board was that she had lawyers trying to fight for her to keep her license. How long can she fight it?

I don't know...I just hope she loses it soon and doesn't hurt anyone else in the meantime!

Update by user Mar 01, 2014

My lawyer has taken my case.He himself is a dentist and knows what he's looking at.

I had also filed a complaint with the Department of Public Health, Division of Health Professions Licensure, Office of Public Protection. I have been in contact with this office, and they have been wonderful. My case has been expedited to go before the dental board for review. At this time I don't dare say to much, but they have given me some reassurance that my claim is legit.

I am anxiously awaiting to see what will happen to her license (License status is currently "probation!").

A even scarier point is, even if her license was taken away, her daughter is practicing under her!Kind of reminds me of a monster movie when you think its over and the monster is gone, but they pan off to a dark corner with a hatchling or baby.

Update by user Nov 23, 2013

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!Just an update on whats going on with me.

After posting my Aspen Dental Nightmare review I actually came into contact with the woman "AnnieFarber" who posted something similar has happened to her(her reply is below my post). We have drawn strength in each other, and we encourage each other to push forward. Her Aspen Dental Nightmare was in Iowa, and mine in New Hampshire. We spend hours online looking up information, and we are still amazed at all the carnage Aspen Dental has been leaving behind, ruining peoples lives!

We have each seen Lawyers. She has been damaged more then I have! Her Lawyer immediately took her case, while I am waiting for my Attorney to review all my dental records and xrays. If he doesn't take my case, I am not going to stop, I will find one that will!

I will update again, once I know I have an Attorney that will take my case(hoping by midweek I'll know).

Meanwhile there is strength in numbers! If anyone in Iowa had an Aspen Dental Nightmare, please send a message to my Facebook friend on the "Aspen Dental Nightmares" page.

Her attorney is looking for more people who want to file a claim against them(Iowa).https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspen-Dental-Nightmares/213106462203040

Original review posted by user Oct 24, 2013

PLEASE READ THIS...DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR THEM UNTIL ALL YOUR PROCEDURES ARE COMPLETE!

I had all my teeth removed painlessly there, that is what I gave them the five stars for... but after that it was all down hill once we financed dentures and extended care. I have anxiety problems and have been a bad gagger since childhood and they were reminded of this at every visit! I could not keep the dentures in without gagging.

We were told that in order for the dentures to NOT make me gag, the roof could be taken off, but that would mean I would have to have micro implants, so my dentures could snap in place and not move. Again we were told we would need a better pair of dentures to accommodate the implants, and we financed yet again more work... The day of the implants being put in, I was not medicated properly and voiced my concern that I felt it wasn't working. They told me it was my anxiety!

The first implant was unbelievably painful and I was told it was ghost pain! Needless to say when I left I needed a cold compress for my jaw, and I probably came close to leaving my finger prints permanently imbedded in the chair. My new dentures finally came in, and i went to get fit into the new denture, but two of the implants were still bothering me and I wanted to wait. The dentist decided to go ahead and not engage the two uncomfortable posts.

They ended up gluing those two posts into the dentures and were yanking on them for at least 5 minutes before they realized they were stuck... all the time I was SCREAMING and I was being told it was good they were in so tight that means it was a good fit! It was like getting teeth pulled with no Novocaine! They had to drill holes in my new dentures to get me out.

One implant is now useless from being ground down so much. And one of them is still uncomfortable and its been about a year. I have since seen a new dentist and had a 3D scan of my implants, 2 are almost up into my sinus, some angled incorrectly, and some are not even embedded into bone at all. Needless to say..

I will never step foot in there again!Do NOT be swayed by their free xrays and consultation, its not worth it!

Review about: Micro Implants Communication.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $12000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Aspen Dental?

Comments

jay
Centerview, Missouri, United States #1051831

Thanks for taking time to write all this...I can't believe they are doing this.

I was almost got by them.

Dorothy Scott
to jay Copperas Cove, Texas, United States #1323216

I got screwed out of $1400.00 at the Killeen, TX office.Was told I needed a root canal and new crown so I agreed to it cost $2400.00.

Which I now know I could have gotten at a reputable Dentist for $ 1795.00.

But the issue is first the Dentist said he could save tooth after he removed the old crown the cavity was small he could fix it and put new crown. Sounded good. But first crown he put in chipped first night, so go back he hammers and chisels it out almost broke jaw. Put another crown in, in about 6 weeks I had swollen jaw, gums under tongue look like I had golf ball in jaw severe pain so I called on Friday morning was told couldn't see me until following week.

I said NO my tooth is assess, I have to see someone today, was told someone would me back, didn't so about 2:00 pm severe pain all this time, I called the emergency line, Dr called me back and called in some antibiotics said come in following morning, I did, xrayed tooth and said you gonna have to get root canal, but Im sending you to specialist. So I spent $ 1400.00 for nothing but pain and misery now got to pay someone else to fix my tooth. $2,000 more. I have asked for refund of my money have not received it.

But will pursue it further if needed.

BOTTOM LINE DO NOT GO HERE!

JordanMarie
Florissant, Missouri, United States #972190

Jut went yesterday to the Bridgeton, MO location for the free x-rays and consult.They want $2000 for a cleaning, two fillings, sedation, and surgical extraction of my two impacted wisdom teeth (which of course will be done by an oral surgeon who is not based at their location).

I was going to follow through with letting these people drain my money from me...of which I have very little already. I am a single 21 year old full time college student with no insurance...so of course their "payment plans" (aka financing with insane interest rates) seemed attractive, as well as necessary.

I'm so very happy I did my research before paying them a dime.I cannot believe they are allowed to continue practicing under their current business structure.

Seasoned Dentist
to JordanMarie Topeka, Kansas, United States #1260092

They are practicing illegally in Missouri to start with.State law requires dentists to own practices.

A$pen's work-around is to have the dentist own a "shell corporation" which owns nothing, but gives A$pen the right to "manage" his practice in perpetuity.

That is the scam that A$pen and other predatory corporate dental chains play around the country.

Board of dentistry can only discipline dentists.They cannot discipline executives and investors who are not dentists.

sara
Zephyrhills, Florida, United States #930528

I thank God I chose not to proceed with their services for my daughter! I had a bad feeling and cancel all further appointments. Only thing they did was xray and the examine.

to sara #930697

You are a very smart person. Share the word. Down with aspen.

Angela
Beaverton, Oregon, United States #906138

Bad or faulty implant work can be devastating to the patient.It means you can't wear the denture and have no teeth.

I've worked in law firms as a paralegal and have seen it first hand. There have been attempted suicides over bad implants.

Not having teeth and having chronic severe pain in your mouth is devastating physically, psychologically and emotionally.These people should sue and win punitive damag

CF
to Angela Phoenix, Arizona, United States #972246

Everything you say here is true including the attempted suicide I did win my case but I settled out of court because ,although my lawyers thought my attempt might help my case...Aspen Dentals lawyers dug deep into my past trying to see what other problems I have had unrelated to my teeth and my lawyers said they would pick me about on the stand and they were worried I wasnt strong enough..which I wasnt.So I settled..so Please if you do go to lawyers be strong..be proud of what you are doing, bringing this company down..helping yourself to get better..As of today 4 years later I am still hurting..even tho I won my case my lawyers took half and the repairs I need are way above what I won from the courts.

Dont settle fight for yourself.

I am now close to the mexican boarder where a wonderful dentist who I have heard about Dr.Martinez in Naco who I hope will be able to help me..for less money ...money that we dont have..sold our house and everything in it and bought a Rv to live in and travel..which I am enjoying but wish I cold enjoy all the different foods and wear my teeth and go

places..but the pain is to intense to be out for long. I am hoping he has a payment plan as we are living only on my husbands Retirement and my small business I do from the Rv.

So please pray for me and my husband who has endured all this with me that we can get things right for me again.

I am not allowed to mention Aspen Dental so I am anonymous now, but...

I was a heavy poster in this discussion and Aspen Dental Nightmares on facebook..Please do your research..get 2nd opinions..I didn't even have to have my teeth taken out ..bridge work would of worked great..but I was *** and took their words They were DRs after-all. Even tho I found out later mine was fresh out of school.

We used there care credit program which is now also in a Civil Law suit..because we didnt have insurance. Still havent heard if I will be or my mother who was the main name on the card mine was second awarded any money.

Just be aware if you do go take notes get everything they say in writing..begin a journal.things I should of done and it would of been easier for me to win my case on facts other than the fiction Aspen Dental Lawyers were trying to make surface.

Disgusted

You are whats wrong with this country!You make me sick.

I hope your lawyer charges you thousands and thousands of dollars for your bs lawsuit that you will never see a dime from.But het you can always just sue someone else to make your living .

annie
to Disgusted #802295

you are a sad person who could respond with a comment like that..this person was wronged by a company who should not be allowed to do what oral surgeons should do..they are not qualified,.who only are out to get there daily quota as far as money for the company,, a company who gives incentives and bonuses for meeting those goals..Please dont make this kind of assumption with out good knowledge of what you are saying..there are many Aspen Dental victims out there.read up on there stories before you comment on this.

Or maybe you are the dentist who did this to her...retaliating you certainly are not a person with compassion.