State: New York City: Albany Clear all filters (21 of 4002 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Albany, New York - Bad doctor experience on 5-10-2016 should sue practice bad

I had a cleaning scheduled on april 28 and it was canceled and up to may 10 for 3:15. So on may 10 i went to the appointment for a cleaning. When i arrived i waited for 5 minutes and was taken in to wait in a seat watching tv for 30 minutes. Then a doctor came in and introduced himself then i notice that what he was doing was not a cleaning but a rework of my mouth because they had taken 4 xrays of my teeth. i asked him what is this and he told me i was in for a check up . Then he showed me the Xrays on the tv and he looked at my teeth and started poking at my teeth with a pointy tool. He said it seams i my have a cavity soon. So he started scraping one of my molar surface with the tool and scraping very hard . The funny thing about this action is he hearded me and possible created *** on the bottom of the tooth. This was not the appointment i went in for. and i told him what are you doing to my tooth. He said he has been doing this for many years.. and i told him are you going to pay for this appointment he said you have insurance. Then i was upset and they told me to sit down with the admin lady that takes your payment. i told her i came in for a cleaning. She said they first have to work on your teeth before a cleaning. I told her this is not right .Then she said i was charged 38 dollars which i said i was not going to pay. Then she she said i had a credit of 38 dollars on my profile so it will cost nothing. Now i still have not gotten my cleaning and she said what day is good for you. I was very upset by now. I took 2 hours of my job for this appointment. Now i was given another May day for the cleaning the 26 day at 3:00. I am thinking of switching dentist because this aspen dentist at 979 central ave suite 400 in Albany ny 12205 phone 518-591-1000 is not looking out for the patient. My wife has had the same issue with appointments dropped and rescheduled with a different thing for them to do. My name is elfrein Ortiz phone 518 414-9063 or 518-365-7925 if you can please help with this situation. My email is eortiz@nycap.rr.com thank you if you can do something about this place.

Aspen is the worst dental chain on the face of the earth!

Elfrein, you had better get out now before serious damage is done to your teeth.

The young, highly-indebted dentists who work at these corporate mills are hounded by management to always find more treatment to do on patients. They are NOT acting in your best interest.

Their interest is maximizing clinic revenues. That is why they don't want to clean your teeth. It doesn't provide enough revenue for the dentist.

Don't think that changing to another Aspen location will solve the problem.

It is the corporate dental model, NOT the location and staff. They will find a way to fleece you no matter what location you visit.

Review
Cons
  • Professional
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • 979 Central Ave 12205

Aspen Dental in Albany, New York - Price given was not price charged

I wish I had read the reviews before going to Aspen Dental. I was given a price, then received a call that the work was going to cost more. The reason: the required work needed to be done by an oral surgeon. Why wasn't this determined initially? On my two visits I was taken into the "counselor's" office to discuss the finances of the work. This woman was worse than a used car salesman! As she manipulated figures she was saying "you need this" "you don't need that", she would not cease, did not allow me time to comment. I did have the work done, as it had initially been started and I needed to have it finished, otherwise I would have walked out. Never again and I certainly would not recommend Aspen Dental to anyone. Wish I had read the reviews prior to the initial visit!!

Patients of this chain are more often referred to more expensive specialists because the young, freshly graduated dentists that work for this viper's nest have not developed many skills, like performing difficult extractions. Many times you will read in these reviews that the young dentists try, fail, and have to send the patient bleeding to a specialist to finish what they started.

It is worth it to pay the price to go to an experienced dentist who owns his own practice. Ex-military dentists tend to do a broader range of procedures without referring out to specialists.

Review
Cons
  • Being lied to
  • Hour waiting time to see dentist
Not as described/ advertised
Price reduction

Aspen Dental in Albany, New York - Unknowledged staff, dirty place, confused on insurance acceptance

1.2
went to the Albany ny office on central ave. what a dirty waiting room , staff weren't friendly office people weren't very attentive, didn't know if took my coverage, which is why I went there, held me for over an hour and still don't know what the problem is, couldn't tell me prices of the coverage I had that on their web said they accepted. Place was outdated dirty and office area was so cluttered and one fat dirty hag waiting and talking to someone instead of helping customers, BET I DONT GO BACK TO THIS DIRTY PLACE ASPEN DENTAL IS NOT A PLACE FOR CLEANIESS

Not surprised on the dirty office. Aspen is a sewer of dishonesty, trash and every other type of filth.

You should meet the management people at aspen. They are the same caliber people you find in pawn shops and other swank places.

You are right. Any health care office should be clean.

But I don't understand why you believe a dental office should know every detail about your benefit plan.

Whose coverage is it, yours or theirs? It is impossible for any office, including mine, to know every detail about every dental plan. It is impossible to predict with 100% accuracy what any dental insurance company will pay on any procedure. Time for you to do the work and read the mouse print in your policy.

Wouldn't hurt for YOU to call your insurance company and see what they will pay on procedures. Most of the time, they will not tell dentists.

You greatly err in selecting dentists according to lists on your insurance. It reads like a rogue's gallery of dentists not to go to. How much money do you save on dentistry you don't need by going to a dentist on the list?

None. That is why honesty and reputation for competence are the most important attributes.

Review
Cons
  • Over an hour to get out of there
  • Place is filthy
  • Lack of communication
Reason of review
PLACE IS FILTHY HELP IS TERRIBLE OFFICE CLUTTERED, OFFICE PEOPLE CANT ANSWER QUESTIONS. ONE OFFICE WORKER WAS TALKING TO SOMEONE AND HAD ME WAIT OVER AN HOUR TO GET OUT OF THE FILTHY PLACE.
Preferred solution
HIRE COMPETENT HELP, CLEAN AND UPGRADE OFFICE , CLEAN THE PLACE UP.

Aspen Dental in Albany, New York - Better off using your own drill then going here

I decided to go here because they claimed they are low rates wrong!!! These are not dentist they take X-rays and want to drill everything saying you have cavities. Dentist didn't even use a tool to check if you had other cavities. I went for a filling that had fallen out which was a large hole in my tooth. I went the so called dentist drilled two cavities and filled and I walked out without the one I went for filled. I had to go back and show the doctor how *** they were and they still charged me. The dentist said during one filling do you feel any pain I said yea he goes oh then I must have drilled all the cavity out, whaaaat that's how you decide hello you are drilling near a nerve you ***. No that tooth kills me and I have to go see a real dentist. Aspen dental is a joke they will take all you money they are very unprofessional and will never recommend anyone go there not even for a cleaning. I would have an auto mechanic fix my teeth before these people.

You are right to an extent. It would be better if auto mechanics owned these clinics instead of the greedy leveraged buyout firm that owns them now.

At least auto mechanics would be more honest in dealing with the public.

Everyone goes to these seedy clinics thinking they will save money.

Then they get fleeced, and very often must have treatment redone at a reputable dentist. In reality, they are flushing their precious money down the toilet.

Review
Cons
  • Drilled wrong tooth
  • Cancelled 2 appointments on me
  • Tooth hurts now
Damaged or defective
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Unprofessional

Aspen Dental in Albany, New York - Denture Replacement

Don't Go to Aspen Dental. Their dentures are factory made off the shelf, one size is supposed to fit all. Doesn't matter if you buy their most expensive. I went in for my fitting and their ad is accurate in that the next visit they were sticking teeth in my mouth. I couldn't talk the teeth were so big and did not fit my mouth at all. I went in for about 15 adjustments and finally said enough. I want my money back. GUESS WHAT!!! You don't get your money back until you return the teeth and that has to be within 90 days of having received them. Hope you didn't use a Flexible spending program to pay for them and are in a new year because Aspen will not reimburse you. Went through it all. I was fortunate to be able to go to a real Dentist and was able to put the cost onto a credit card. I actually had 5 fittings before the dentures where even made into the wax preset. It took about a month and a-half but when they were done, I had two small adjustments and not a problem since.

Aspen's dentures are made in their office as fast and as cheaply as possible. Most of the dentist are just out of school and shouldn't be rushing any procedures.

Once you give them your money the will fight you to the last cent. Play their game and call your local TV station and ask them if they want a story about scammers taking advantage of people's health care.

reporters love doing stories on scammers. Bet aspen gets worried fast.

You learned a valuable lesson. Good dentures take a lot of time and work to fabricate.

Like your new dentist, it takes me about 6 appointments to fabricate a set of dentures. Any fewer appointments means taking shortcuts.

Making good-fitting, good-looking complete dentures is one of the hardest things that we dentists do. It takes years of experience to get really good at it.

Yet the average patient sees an advertisement by some corporate dental clinic employing young, inexperienced dentists, and using the cheapest labs around, and think they can get a great denture for a few hundred dollars in a couple of appointments.

Aspen Dental in Albany, New York - Bad service

I.had purchased a set of dentures to replace.a set that was stolen. they lied to me and told me that they jad pulled all of my natural teeth. they insisted on it. they called.me a liar and.imsisted that my proffessional life jad never happenwd. then they started calling me.an addict and insisted that.i trade in a sobriety date It gets.evenworse. i was staying at a nearby hotel Tand the.found out names of.other guests.and.proceeded tp try and slam me. I used.to work on a.research facility and they insisted that i.didn't

:? Did you ever take typing classes?

Review

Aspen Dental in Latham, NY tried to rob me.

Since I have no dental insurance & I was looking for an affordable dentist, so I called Aspen Dentist in Latham, NY on December 13, 2012. The dentist examined my gums & said I needed scaling because of periodontal disease & it would cost me $1000.000. I got a second opinion from a well known Periodontist & he used a probe to see how much room I had between my teeth & gums, which the dentist at Aspen didn't use. The Periodontist said that there is nothing wrong with my gums & thatI didn't need it done. Thank goodness for that second opinion.

Stay Away from Aspen DenTAL

Aspen Dental is the worst .All they are worried about is money and how many patients they can push through the door.If you go there with a problem if you take more than 10 mins it is you have to come back .Doesn't matter to them you just drove an hour to get there.I have paid them over $5500 to have pulled teeth and new false teeth.Your bill has to be taken care of the first visit ,then they keep adding charges.Charged me $85 to clean 4 teeth,took two mins. I have a temp plate and perm plate from them . Both plates don't fit right..The dentist (one of many) told me to use the paste on my plates so they don't fall out.There is no way I should have to use this if they fit right.I was told there was nothing more they could do .the dentist walked out of the room and sent in the financial adviser to talk to me.What does she know about my teeth.This place should be closed down.

Aspen Dental in Albany, New York - Left ignored in waiting room

Took morning off from work for a consultation about new dentures, arrived early. I was second in line and three other people came in and were taken in while I sat ignored. Finally I was asked "can I help you?" DAH. Yes what happened to my appointment. I was told someone would be RIGHT with me, ten minuetes later I walked out. They obviously have too much business. They didn't put a SMILE on my face.I will not reccommend Aspen Dental to anyone after this lack of customer service, after Justin was so eager to set up this appointment.
#520137

If I were you, I'd considered yourself very lucky to be ignored. Read the reviews on this website, they will horrify you!

Run for your life and go elsewhere.

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental East Greenbush NY

I was scheduled for a cleaning and they insisted on an ex-ray. I told them I was not there for an ex-ray or an exam but a cleaning only. They said they could not do the cleaning unless they did an ex-ray and an exam. The reality is that they are different charges and they were insisting because I am covered for all of it. This is part of the problem with health and dental insurance. Doctors will put in orders for the whole "enchilada" when it is not needed. The more orders that are put in, the more they get paid. Sorry but not at the expense of radiation to my face when I came in for a cleaning only. I walked out. Don't bother going there. I am sure if I did not have insurance, they would have taken a different approach with me for the cleaning. And if that is the case, don't waist your time with them. People should be treated per need and not per how much money doctors can get out of a patient or an insurance company.
adamherehere

This place is horrible. The way they treat people is absolutely abominable and unacceptable.

They do not know how to deal with customers and instead of providing a good customer experience they choose to be disrespectful, rude and antagonistic. They hire riff raff off of the street to handle their front end office. An absolute joke!

I say stay away and take your business elsewhere - there are lots of other places you can go to receive dental care. Why pay money and be treated very poorly?

The exam and x-rays are not there to get insurance money. It is for your benefit -- to make sure there are no cavities, no infections, no lesions anywhere.

As far as radiation to your face -- you get a lot more of that walking outside in summer than you will ever get from taking 4-6 x-rays for your recall exam.

And it doesn't matter where you go for your cleanings -- Aspen, private practice etc., the rules are the same everywhere. Doctors do that to protect themselves from complaints also -- I am pretty sure you would be the first one to look for an attorney if you end up with a broken tooth a week after your "cleaning" or with oral cancer a couple of months later.

My comment was supposed to be elsewhere, but..

A Dental Prophylaxis is NOT a cosmetic, esthetic "service" like a manicure or haircut.

Dentists are increasingly responsible for your overall health as well, and radiographs are a necessary part of diagnosis, not just something to charge for..especially, ESPECIALLY for a new patient, a baseline so to speak.

You would be the first to complain to this office if you had an infection that they didn't "detect" at your cleaning I suspect.

Dental offices, unlike hospitals, are not allowed to charge differently for insurance and non- insurance patients..Fees are the same whether you pay or your employer-provided insurance pays.

LOLO1979..I actually googled the question too. Everyone else...The average Prophy (\"teeth cleaning\") is around 95.00.

65% of people get it paid for in full by insurance.

Dentists have HUGE overhead.Hygiene is a difficult and demanding field.Massage therapy is expensive but the \"spas\" get way more percentage-wise. And if they promote this field as \"Health Professional\" (ME says their services are HSA approved to sell you at the beginning), then tips should neither be demanded (as ME does in essence) nor expected.Tips are kind of like the Entitlement problem gone wild IMHO..I think you do the Job you choose,do it well 100% of the time, and knowing what your earning potential is in the beginning, Settle or Leave, or negotiate and don\'t let these chains exploit you.One difference, I doubt that people would get Prophys if Insurance didn\'t pay for them, but NO self-respecting American in our media- fueled culture would cut out Nails,Hair Botox, Juvederm,Brows,Cosmetics or even Doggie Grooming to pay for a prophy..Gross huh?

View more comments (3)