Additional Fees

Was told my insurance would cover 80% of my procedures and given an amount I was responsible for two months later received bill for the amount insurance was suppose to covered call aspen dental they told me to call my insurance because they don’t know why it wasn’t covered because they don’t work with the insurance then why did you tell me 80% was going to be covered that’s just an estimate we give depending on the insurance so I ask them why didn’t you tell me they’re was a possibly I would be responsible for the visit, she then asked me if I had the papers the gave me to look at the fine print on the bottom, they lie to the patient just so they can get money out of people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 16, 2017.

Comments

Insurance companies can do anything they want. When patients ask me "how much will my insurance company pay?" all I can do is give them an ESTIMATE.

It is YOUR insurance policy, so if YOU want to know details, YOU should call and get a complete breakdown of benefits. NO DENTAL OFFICE ON THIS PLANET CAN GIVE YOU AN IRONCLAD IDEA OF WHAT YOUR INSURANCE WILL PAY. Dental offices don't have time to call insurance companies and ask them why they didn't pay more on procedures. They did not pay the policy premiums- YOU did!

Why don't you try venting your frustration on the insurance company?

That being said, it was a horrible mistake to go to a corporate chop shop like A$pen instead of a regular dentist. Unnecessary treatment will be delivered, fees will be upcoded, and they will find every way they can to pry more money from your office.

Aspen dental is just a ripoff lie machine. Whatever aspen dental put in you mouth will fall out very shortly.

Then aspen will tell you that it is your problem to fix and get out of their office. Total scammers.