Goshen, Indiana

Update by user Nov 01, 2014

First Page @ 2:09 am

Second Page @ 2:13 am

Third Page @ 3:02 am

Fourth and Final Page call center tried the Doctor on call directly @ 4:00 am Saturday, November 1st and there was no answer.

She then informed me that theres was no longer anything she could do for me my options were to go to the ER, Urgent Care, or call back during business hours...

Some After Hours Emergency Line outstanding customer service aspen...

Original review posted by user Nov 01, 2014

My husband called me on his lunch break and asked me to make him an appointment to have a tooth pulled. I called and he had his tooth pulled @ 3:00 on Thursday October 30, 2014. The doctor told him that since the tooth was the source of infection he would not need any antibiotics and was only given Norco for pain.

Needless to say when he woke up Friday October 31, 2014 for work his entire left side of his face all the way down his jawline and into his neck is swollen 3 times as it was when he laid down for bed.

I called Aspen at 1:00 pm Friday the 31st and seriously had to plead with the dentist to please fax some type of antibiotic to our pharmacy. I explained to him that my husband's face and neck was severely swollen and the pain he is having is beyond that of your typical extraction.

He insisted that this swelling is normal and that he didn't need antibiotics because the tooth was gone. After a few more minutes of explaining his symptoms they finally agreed to fax the prescription for him. I gave them the name of the pharmacy as well as the phone number. Thanked them and hung up.

Well several hours later, I called my pharmacy to find that they never sent anything for my husband...

Who as of right now cannot move his neck and has a temperature and feels weak and faint...

I am so angry and I would like some advice as to what I should do from here...I called the emergency line 4 times and was hung up on at least one time on purpose, put on hold and the call was disconnected once. And am currently waiting for a call back from a Doctor supposedly within a 20 min time frame, I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction.

Reason of review: medical neglect .

Aspen Dental Pros: Holly.

Aspen Dental Cons: Not getting appropriate medication, Left with a serious infection, Being lied to.

Comments

Bet this person ended up in the hospital

#1204624

Probably dead.

He is dead.

Ya this place sux!

Run away from this place. Their junk dentures are made in CHINA!

Please take it easy on the staff there.

Most employees are close to contemplating suicide working in those horrible conditions at aspen. That's why they quit as soon as possible.

@dentaltruth

I heard aspen is going to have to recall all its made in china dentures and fire most of its dentist who use them.

good

@Anonymous

Aspen never did dentures in China, all were either in office or at their corporate office in a lab in a basement. However their crowns which costs like $49.00 and then charge customers like $1200.00are made in China. Total scam....

Ricard

I had a very similar experience. Check my post out as well and tell anyone and everyone you know how bad Aspen Dental and Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA really are.

They almost killed me from a misdiagnosis and a similar infection. We should all tell everyone else we know so someone else doesn't die or come close to dying because of them negligence!

@Ricard

Thanks for the support, these mofo's need to be shut down asap.

@ddd

let's get together and do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also went there and am sorry for the pain Aspen Dental has caused you. I had a wisdom tooth extracted and the dentist cut a flap in my cheek which severed the nerve in my cheek and left permanent damage and terrible pain and numbness every day.

I am being told brain surgery is the only way to fix this issue called Trigeminal Neuralgia.

If you have a lawyer who handles this type of issue can you please supply me with his information? Maybe he can help.

this doctor, NADIA CHOWHAN IQBAL, may protest that the comments were racist but that is her ONLY DEFENSE to being a piece of *** dentist!! She struck terror into the heart of her patients, thus SHE IS A TERRORIST, she conducted dental experiments (she doesn't know what she is doing) on her patients thus she is just a muslim DOCTOR, she ripped off Americans on a variety of levels thus she is UNAMERICAN. Run Her out of town.

@Anonymous

As an orthodontist I took over for another orthodontist who is doing very poor work including putting braces on patients who had periodontal disease and had not had proper adequate hygiene.Coast dental maybe use assistance that were not fully trained and orthodontics and particularly in the state they must have a separate expanded duties and orthodontic assisting and also did not require general dentistry expanded duties.

When asked to have proper legal orthodontic assistance with their certification and orthodontic expanded duties for the state I was practicing on they refused to do this and considered me a problem. I also ran out of braces for the patient's teeth and they started to have me lie to the patients over a five-month period of why they didn't have lower braces.

This included over 50 patients who are removed braces that were either broke or improperly placed when I took over the last orthodontist. I witnessed the general dentist who left while working there had to also deal with dental assistants for general dentistry who were not fully properly trained and were not given enough help.

They paid $1500 a day and gave you $50 per person who started treatment. Their whole focus is starting treatment and not the current patients. Because of this if you do a $20,000 day, for example, you still have to finish the work on these patients and you're not rewarded for the overall production you do yet coast dental gets all the money.

Also they only have a $300 per month budget for the entire office for orthodontics and you cannot run a orthodontic apartment under that monthly budget which is ludicrous.

Again, trying to see 20 to 30 patients minimum per day with a minimum number of assistants who are not trained and orthodontics makes the orthodontist have to get involved and do more work than if they were to work somewhere else for another franchise or for another company or for another orthodontist. Four months as soon email request and phone calls were made to ask for help, get supplies needed and to handle over 20 other issues including how dirty the office was. No one ever contacted me. Also, the amount of paperwork diagnosis and treatment planning of patients required for each new patient was extreme and they did not give time to do this paperwork requiring you to stay over or work through your lunch.

If you don't get your paperwork done and other task you are frowned that if you don't work during lunch or stay over and not get paid for it because you are in a flat per diem salary of 1500 per day which they don't care.

They also use the finance company that is not care credit, but called healthcare finance director or coastal financing that they have been using for over three years. The problem with this is that they arch overcharging patients easily over $1000 per treatment case to cover the 25% finance fee the bank is charging them. Most the patients that come into coast dental to not have a very good income and are therefore paying in full and the company doesn't care about their treatment after they start.

The whole focus weekly is how much money came in to the practice for orthodontics because none of the money really comes in from a in-house payment plan so therefore they are new patient driven and if a new patient needs to start there's not enough time to work on a patient already embraces you will have to do what you gotta do to get that patient started with her new braces and the patients are currently in treatment or put on the back burner or you have to run your schedule behind an hour to two hours or stay over till seven or 8 o'clock at night.

Be aware that you are using your malpractice insurance since they give you no money for this and that you have to keep your standard ethics and tell them this is the way it's going to be done because they will push you to commit dental malpractice on the patient, delaying their treatment and not hitting your targets of estimated treatment allowing patients to exceed treatment times, using poor products, having no products and again using untrained and very unpaid or underpaid assistance and that is why they are always having to replace their orthodontic assistance. Also be aware when taking over another doctor’s case that under state law you have to take all new records and they will try to encourage you not to do that also.My advice is to stay away.

@Anonymous

saw what this doctor did to the patient and there is nothing racist about calling her a dental TERRORIST. the video made to afraid to ever go to another dentist. It doesn't matter that the dentist nadia chowhan iqbal has an eastern name, what does matter is that she is a piece of *** dentist.

Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life.

Faith activates God - Fear activates the Enemy.

Do all you can to make your dreams come true. Take responsibility for your own bad dental choices in your own life.

I cannot perform at dental offices but if you will buy any of the multiple books I sell, I will say a special prayer for your teeth. Also the bigger donations you make, the more I will pray to God for the success of your tooth treatment. Send mucho money, it does help for a happy, uplifting, rewarding life and great treatment by aspen dental chains.

Thanks for your imput friends and God bless the donations made to the Osteen Ministries via aspen dental. Joel Osteen

@MerryFingXmasFromAspenDental

what?

@MerryFingXmasFromAspenDental

aspen dental on crack?

Was going there until I read this.

This place sux bad!