Goshen, Indiana

Update by user Nov 01, 2014

First Page @ 2:09 am

Second Page @ 2:13 am

Third Page @ 3:02 am

Fourth and Final Page call center tried the Doctor on call directly @ 4:00 am Saturday, November 1st and there was no answer.

She then informed me that theres was no longer anything she could do for me my options were to go to the ER, Urgent Care, or call back during business hours...

Some After Hours Emergency Line outstanding customer service aspen...

Original review posted by user Nov 01, 2014

My husband called me on his lunch break and asked me to make him an appointment to have a tooth pulled. I called and he had his tooth pulled @ 3:00 on Thursday October 30, 2014. The doctor told him that since the tooth was the source of infection he would not need any antibiotics and was only given Norco for pain.

Needless to say when he woke up Friday October 31, 2014 for work his entire left side of his face all the way down his jawline and into his neck is swollen 3 times as it was when he laid down for bed.

I called Aspen at 1:00 pm Friday the 31st and seriously had to plead with the dentist to please fax some type of antibiotic to our pharmacy. I explained to him that my husband's face and neck was severely swollen and the pain he is having is beyond that of your typical extraction.

He insisted that this swelling is normal and that he didn't need antibiotics because the tooth was gone. After a few more minutes of explaining his symptoms they finally agreed to fax the prescription for him. I gave them the name of the pharmacy as well as the phone number. Thanked them and hung up.

Well several hours later, I called my pharmacy to find that they never sent anything for my husband...

Who as of right now cannot move his neck and has a temperature and feels weak and faint...

I am so angry and I would like some advice as to what I should do from here...I called the emergency line 4 times and was hung up on at least one time on purpose, put on hold and the call was disconnected once. And am currently waiting for a call back from a Doctor supposedly within a 20 min time frame, I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction.

Reason of review: medical neglect .

Aspen Dental Pros: Holly.

Aspen Dental Cons: Not getting appropriate medication, Left with a serious infection, Being lied to.

Comments

@Anonymous

One of the worst bugs to infect humans and is extremely hard to rid of is called ASPEN DENTAL. Maybe the health care world will find a way to exterminate aspen dental.

#1351967
@Anonymous

Probably the wrong thread for pontificating on antibiotic resistance. The guy had a severe bacterial infection. You only know a fraction of what you're talking about.

@Anonymous

When your teeth become severely infected...Where do you think it goes....straight up to sinus and to the brain. Its not really common but Aspen could make it so...I am sorry did this gentlemen really die?

Also dentist should be very competent about the antibiotics used for teeth Clindamycin first and foremost. I got a z pac which is for upper respiratory from them but had Clinda at home

@Anonymous

Yeah, but only if the SOURCE of the infection is eliminated- namely the infected pulp of the tooth! The body can't ever get rid of the infection if the source of the infection is still present. Either extract the tooth or start a root canal, THEN the body can heal itself!

Typical for aspen dental.

I know many people who have been to aspen dental and the bad outcomes have left them dealing with bouts of anxiety and depression.

@Danny

Getting ripped off and having your finances destroyed by aspen dental will cause anxiety and depression.

@Danny

He could have got dental insurance for $2 ( a tooth brush at the dollar store) and avoided this all together. We see this as his problem.

@AspenDentalCustomerService

Did someone from aspen really write this?

@AspenDentalCustomerService

You won't see as "his problem " when you go to jail for negligent homicide.

@Anon

Why don't you come to Aspen dental and let us check your teeth? Thanks, AspenDentalCustomerService

@AspenDentalCustomerService

Aspen dental could get some honesty and decency for free. Total danger to people's health. Screw you aspen dental.

@AspenDentalCustomerService

I have worked in a Dental School for over 20 yrs and have seen and tried to educate 4yr students and International Students in a program which I wouldn’t let dig *** in my back yard much less work in my mouth. Yes there was good students but others the worst but the school currently graduates them.

It sounds as if the current dentists at Aspen dental which received a DDS (Dr. of dental surgery should big digging dirt or up rooting rocks for money. There just sh#% artists out for a quick buck, please look around for a much better dentist. And complain to the Dental board in your state because these type of Dental practices have to be stopped and closed not mention take away there license to practice.

You ruin it for the good dental practices out there. Dental School retiree with 24 yrs...

@Anonymous

Yes, it seems even all the CE courses aimed at the good young dentists start with "How to make your office a million dollar a year office" or the like. The product selling and greed they pump in new graduates and the profession is a shame.

Yes that's me!!

getting more and more common and deadly when they pull teeth and don't give antibiotics - currently have suit on Coast and client nearly died

#1197425

Anyone considering going to aspen dental needs to do a search for the PBS documentary called "Dollars and Dentist". PBS spent 30 minutes or more tearing aspen dental a new *** over the way they ripoff and overtreat people. Screw aspen.

#1207402
@DontGoToAspenDental

They need to be shut down asap. Dangerous scammers.

@DontGoToAspenDental

Man! Wish I would have researched Aspen Dental before I went there!

Now I'm screwed! In Lake Charles Louisiana

@DontGoToAspenDental

There are many documented investigations now where it has been proven on record that aspen intentionally runs frauds on patients.