11.3K views

Update by user Nov 01, 2014

First Page @ 2:09 am

Second Page @ 2:13 am

Third Page @ 3:02 am

Fourth and Final Page call center tried the Doctor on call directly @ 4:00 am Saturday, November 1st and there was no answer.

She then informed me that theres was no longer anything she could do for me my options were to go to the ER, Urgent Care, or call back during business hours...

Some After Hours Emergency Line outstanding customer service aspen...

Original review posted by user Nov 01, 2014

My husband called me on his lunch break and asked me to make him an appointment to have a tooth pulled. I called and he had his tooth pulled @ 3:00 on Thursday October 30, 2014. The doctor told him that since the tooth was the source of infection he would not need any antibiotics and was only given Norco for pain.

Needless to say when he woke up Friday October 31, 2014 for work his entire left side of his face all the way down his jawline and into his neck is swollen 3 times as it was when he laid down for bed.

I called Aspen at 1:00 pm Friday the 31st and seriously had to plead with the dentist to please fax some type of antibiotic to our pharmacy. I explained to him that my husband's face and neck was severely swollen and the pain he is having is beyond that of your typical extraction.

He insisted that this swelling is normal and that he didn't need antibiotics because the tooth was gone. After a few more minutes of explaining his symptoms they finally agreed to fax the prescription for him. I gave them the name of the pharmacy as well as the phone number. Thanked them and hung up.

Well several hours later, I called my pharmacy to find that they never sent anything for my husband...

Who as of right now cannot move his neck and has a temperature and feels weak and faint...

I am so angry and I would like some advice as to what I should do from here...I called the emergency line 4 times and was hung up on at least one time on purpose, put on hold and the call was disconnected once. And am currently waiting for a call back from a Doctor supposedly within a 20 min time frame, I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction.

Reason of review: medical neglect .

I liked: Holly.

I didn't like: Not getting appropriate medication, Left with a serious infection, Being lied to.

Comments

Aspen Dental really messed me up good,,,, besides telling me a lie, about the amount of my bill and an infection without antibiotics to pulling teeth and was suppose to take the bone on one in the back,,, never took it,,, NOW it’s protruding through my gums is hurting like *** and they tell me I need to go to an oral surgeon now!!!!!!! They lie to you please BEWARE ‼

This man paid dearly with his life, but what do you expect from a chain of dental offices that look and stink of *** dollar stores.

It figures.

oh man if I knew this crap I would never had gone to Aspen hill dental aka all about the money. I went in to get a tooth pulled nothing mire nothing less.

the pain I had was horrible. the dentist said I need to get a cleaning first then get my tooth pull that was 125 bucks with insurance, mind you my tooth is beating like a damn heart beat. the cold water killed me with sensitivity omg. and she did a sucky damn job at cleaning waste of money.

I was in the waiting room waiting to get my tooth pulled after this just for them to say I have to pay 250 to see the surgeon. ummmm this is not a surgical matter its a extraction only.

only about money wasted 125 bucks and 3hours of my damn time. worth office needs to be closed down asap.

to pissed off customer #1587181

Idiot! Extracting a tooth IS surgery!

You refuse to take care of your teeth, have them pulled one by one, and will one day be toothless. Then you will complain that you can't wear dentures because they *** you. Nobody wants patients like you.

Nobody! Moral of the story: have your teeth fixed by an honest dentist so you don't have any more toothaches.

to Anonymous #1659212

There are two types of extractions, the simple and the surgical extraction. Simple extraction – is done on a tooth that can easily be seen in the mouth.

A general dentist does this very easily with the use of an instrument called an elevator. Once the tooth is made loose, a pair of forceps is used to extract the tooth from its socket. Surgical Extraction – This is a more complicated procedure, which occurs in case a tooth has broken off at the gum level.

In this procedure a cut is made into the gum, which sometimes is required to partially cut the bone around the affected tooth. In other instances, the tooth is split into two halves to extract it.

to Anonymous #1675286

Which proves???? Then there is the soft tissue impaction, then there is the partial boney impaction, then there is the full boney impaction. As a general dentist, I have done all of them since my training as a dentist in the Army.

to Anonymous #1685762

All extractions at Aspen dental are pressured to be upcoded to 7210 surgical unless they are anterior teeth flopping in the wind.

Aspen loves to stick it to people and then laugh at them.

to Anonymous #1537798

There is a reason that aspen dental has over 3,000 complaints. Aspen is well known for sticking pain to people to gain money in aspen's own wallets.

to Anonymous #1633064

It is 4,000 complaints now! We are proud of our scams and shams, Love Aspen dental!

Another life ruined by aspen dental. Will you ever quit torturing the innocent people who walk in your office Aspen dental? I hope his soul rests in peace.

Aspen dental does not give a flapp about what happens to people. To understand why Aspen dental is successful just talk to an employee of aspen.

If you work there, you will hear management openly laughing about how dumb they consider Nascar fans to be. Why do they plaster the aspen advertisement all over Nascar cars? Aspen will openly tell you that they consider nascar fans perfect suckers. Most nascar fans haven't been to the dentist in a long time and usually have some sort of income that will allow aspen to open a credit card for them.

A perfect setup for aspen dental. They get to run up a huge list of treatment mostly not needed then talk the nascar fan into a huge credit card bill. All the while aspen dental is smiling and acting like they actually want to help.

The only reason you pull a trick like that is you consider the other person too dumb to figure it out. So all you nascar fans out there know than aspen dental considers you DUMB SUCKERS and openly laughs at you.

Thank god I’m Reading all these reviews So I don’t waste my money on *** surgery like sono Bello.Thanks to all of you who post the negative results

Disastrous. Young new dentist was determined to sell us dentures.

We told him we already had that arranged. We needed a simple tooth extraction done that day because the tooth chipped and was cutting the inside of my husband's mouth. He wasted 3 hours of our time , refused to extract the tooth, sanded the tough edges off.

This cost $125. Never again with that rotten company and dentist.

to Gene Woolever #1432099

What happened is the recent young graduate was afraid of tackling a big molar extraction on a guy, but still wanted to earn a commission doing something. No desperate patient goes uncharged for anything at this dental clinic chain.

Charging people is what they are good at. Actually helping people is the last thing they get right.

Your husband sounds like a good man. I hope his time on earth let him have a full life. Down with aspen dental.

Dam that *** looked bad.

to Hooper #1369237

that is what happens when you go to aspen dental.

Syracuse, New York, United States #1351118

Hope your husband rests in peace. We continue to pray for you and your children. Screw aspen dental.