Aspen Dental - My husband has a serious infection...sent home with NO ANTIBIOTICS

Update added by user Nov 01, 2014

First Page @ 2:09 am

Second Page @ 2:13 am

Third Page @ 3:02 am

Fourth and Final Page call center tried the Doctor on call directly @ 4:00 am Saturday, November 1st and there was no answer.

She then informed me that theres was no longer anything she could do for me my options were to go to the ER, Urgent Care, or call back during business hours...

Some After Hours Emergency Line outstanding customer service aspen...

Original review posted by user Nov 01, 2014

My husband called me on his lunch break and asked me to make him an appointment to have a tooth pulled. I called and he had his tooth pulled @ 3:00 on Thursday October 30, 2014. The doctor told him that since the tooth was the source of infection he would not need any antibiotics and was only given Norco for pain.

Needless to say when he woke up Friday October 31, 2014 for work his entire left side of his face all the way down his jawline and into his neck is swollen 3 times as it was when he laid down for bed.

I called Aspen at 1:00 pm Friday the 31st and seriously had to plead with the dentist to please fax some type of antibiotic to our pharmacy. I explained to him that my husband's face and neck was severely swollen and the pain he is having is beyond that of your typical extraction.

He insisted that this swelling is normal and that he didn't need antibiotics because the tooth was gone. After a few more minutes of explaining his symptoms they finally agreed to fax the prescription for him. I gave them the name of the pharmacy as well as the phone number. Thanked them and hung up.

Well several hours later, I called my pharmacy to find that they never sent anything for my husband...

Who as of right now cannot move his neck and has a temperature and feels weak and faint...

I am so angry and I would like some advice as to what I should do from here...I called the emergency line 4 times and was hung up on at least one time on purpose, put on hold and the call was disconnected once. And am currently waiting for a call back from a Doctor supposedly within a 20 min time frame, I'm not going to hold my breath though.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Holly
  • What I disliked
    • Not getting appropriate medication
    • Left with a serious infection
    • Being lied to

Tooth Pull
Review category
Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
review #552902 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Aspen Dental? Submit review ›
Helpful? 165 Yes 165 4 No 4
Had the same issue 174 Yes 174
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 10 #1197425

Anyone considering going to aspen dental needs to do a search for the PBS documentary called "Dollars and Dentist". PBS spent 30 minutes or more tearing aspen dental a new A-hole over the way they ripoff and overtreat people. Screw aspen.

8 0 Reply

Sep 02 #1207402

They need to be shut down asap. Dangerous scammers.

5 0 Reply

Jun 05 #1169194

Bet this person ended up in the hospital

8 0 Reply

Aug 27 #1204624

Probably dead.

2 0 Reply

May 29 #1166112

Ya this place sux!

9 0 Reply

Apr 30 #1152295

Hi anonymous , I am very sorry if you have had a poor experience with your anus. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this further. Would you mind giving me and update on your anus by giving us a call at 1-866-273-8606 at your earliest convenience? Please ask for Jane upon calling and leave your debit card number. We'd like to make sure we charged you for the Novocain and resolve these concerns to your complete satisfaction. - Thank you, Amanda

0 18 Reply

Mar 19 #1130352

Run away from this place. Their junk dentures are made in CHINA! Please take it easy on the staff there. Most employees are close to contemplating suicide working in those horrible conditions at aspen. That's why they quit as soon as possible.

21 0 Reply

Mar 25 #1134095

I heard aspen is going to have to recall all its made in china dentures and fire most of its dentist who use them.

15 0 Reply

Apr 15 #1145153

9 0 Reply

Feb 19 #1114457 West Pittston, Pennsylvania

I had a very similar experience. Check my post out as well and tell anyone and everyone you know how bad Aspen Dental and Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA really are. They almost killed me from a misdiagnosis and a similar infection. We should all tell everyone else we know so someone else doesn't die or come close to dying because of them negligence!

23 0 Reply

Feb 19 #1114584

Thanks for the support, these mofo's need to be shut down asap.

20 0 Reply

Feb 20 #1115088

let's get together and do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 0 Reply

Feb 05 #1107122

I also went there and am sorry for the pain Aspen Dental has caused you. I had a wisdom tooth extracted and the dentist cut a flap in my cheek which severed the nerve in my cheek and left permanent damage and terrible pain and numbness every day. I am being told brain surgery is the only way to fix this issue called Trigeminal Neuralgia. If you have a lawyer who handles this type of issue can you please supply me with his information? Maybe he can help.

25 0 Reply

Jan 03 #1088086

this doctor, NADIA CHOWHAN IQBAL, may protest that the comments were racist but that is her ONLY DEFENSE to being a piece of sh-t dentist!! She struck terror into the heart of her patients, thus SHE IS A TERRORIST, she conducted dental experiments (she doesn't know what she is doing) on her patients thus she is just a muslim DOCTOR, she ripped off Americans on a variety of levels thus she is UNAMERICAN. Run Her out of town.

34 0 Reply

Feb 10 #1109613

As an orthodontist I took over for another orthodontist who is doing very poor work including putting braces on patients who had periodontal disease and had not had proper adequate hygiene.Coast dental maybe use assistance that were not fully trained and orthodontics and particularly in the state they must have a separate expanded duties and orthodontic assisting and also did not require general dentistry expanded duties.
When asked to have proper legal orthodontic assistance with their certification and orthodontic expanded duties for the state I was practicing on they refused to do this and considered me a problem. I also ran out of braces for the patient's teeth and they started to have me lie to the patients over a five-month period of why they didn't have lower braces. This included over 50 patients who are removed braces that were either broke or improperly placed when I took over the last orthodontist. I witnessed the general dentist who left while working there had to also deal with dental assistants for general dentistry who were not fully properly trained and were not given enough help.
They paid $1500 a day and gave you $50 per person who started treatment. Their whole focus is starting treatment and not the current patients. Because of this if you do a $20,000 day, for example, you still have to finish the work on these patients and you're not rewarded for the overall production you do yet coast dental gets all the money. Also they only have a $300 per
... Show more

17 0 Reply

Feb 10 #1109616

saw what this doctor did to the patient and there is nothing racist about calling her a dental TERRORIST. the video made to afraid to ever go to another dentist. It doesn't matter that the dentist nadia chowhan iqbal has an eastern name, what does matter is that she is a piece of sh-t dentist.

16 0 Reply

Dec 10, 2015 #1076624

Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life.
Faith activates God - Fear activates the Enemy.
Do all you can to make your dreams come true. Take responsibility for your own bad dental choices in your own life. I cannot perform at dental offices but if you will buy any of the multiple books I sell, I will say a special prayer for your teeth. Also the bigger donations you make, the more I will pray to God for the success of your tooth treatment. Send mucho money, it does help for a happy, uplifting, rewarding life and great treatment by aspen dental chains. Thanks for your imput friends and God bless the donations made to the Osteen Ministries via aspen dental. Joel Osteen

7 36 Reply

Dec 15, 2015 #1078861

27 0 Reply

Dec 24, 2015 #1083432

aspen dental on crack?

24 0 Reply

Nov 27, 2015 #1070396

Was going there until I read this.

27 0 Reply

1-20 of 42 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Aspen Dental. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Aspen Dental.
Filing a new complaint about