Goshen, Indiana

Update by user Nov 01, 2014

First Page @ 2:09 am

Second Page @ 2:13 am

Third Page @ 3:02 am

Fourth and Final Page call center tried the Doctor on call directly @ 4:00 am Saturday, November 1st and there was no answer.

She then informed me that theres was no longer anything she could do for me my options were to go to the ER, Urgent Care, or call back during business hours...

Some After Hours Emergency Line outstanding customer service aspen...

Original review posted by user Nov 01, 2014

My husband called me on his lunch break and asked me to make him an appointment to have a tooth pulled. I called and he had his tooth pulled @ 3:00 on Thursday October 30, 2014. The doctor told him that since the tooth was the source of infection he would not need any antibiotics and was only given Norco for pain.

Needless to say when he woke up Friday October 31, 2014 for work his entire left side of his face all the way down his jawline and into his neck is swollen 3 times as it was when he laid down for bed.

I called Aspen at 1:00 pm Friday the 31st and seriously had to plead with the dentist to please fax some type of antibiotic to our pharmacy. I explained to him that my husband's face and neck was severely swollen and the pain he is having is beyond that of your typical extraction.

He insisted that this swelling is normal and that he didn't need antibiotics because the tooth was gone. After a few more minutes of explaining his symptoms they finally agreed to fax the prescription for him. I gave them the name of the pharmacy as well as the phone number. Thanked them and hung up.

Well several hours later, I called my pharmacy to find that they never sent anything for my husband...

Who as of right now cannot move his neck and has a temperature and feels weak and faint...

I am so angry and I would like some advice as to what I should do from here...I called the emergency line 4 times and was hung up on at least one time on purpose, put on hold and the call was disconnected once. And am currently waiting for a call back from a Doctor supposedly within a 20 min time frame, I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction.

Reason of review: medical neglect .

Aspen Dental Pros: Holly.

Aspen Dental Cons: Not getting appropriate medication, Left with a serious infection, Being lied to.

Comments

Another victim customer bites the dust. Just another person wasted!

ScaredWestHighlandTerrier809

If I were you i'd file a lawsuit. against ADental

OmniscientKomodoDragon295

Wost *** dental office in the world they need to be shut down

AutomaticAdeliePenguin
@OmniscientKomodoDragon295

Aspen dental are crooks. They love the vulnerable customers who they can rip off and take advantage

@OmniscientKomodoDragon295

Aspen dental isn't even a dental office. Its just a place that steals from the weak, elderly and those in pain. May aspen dental burn in hello.

Pretty stupid of your husband to wait until he has a toothache to go the dentist, then demand it be extracted instead of saved. Then to compound the problem, you take him to the scummiest corporate chain clinic around, instead of a regular dentist who owns his practice.

@Anonymous

Correct. He could have avoided this with a 98 cent toothbrush from Walmart .We se this as his problem. AspenDentalCustomerService

@Anonymous

So Aspen Dental has no responsibility to help people in pain?

@Anonymous

Aspen Dental is a corporate clinic owned not by dentists, but to its owner Leonard Green and Partners LLC. It has not responsibility except to its shareholders.

That is why non-dentist ownership of dental offices is still illegal in most states. Aspen just ignores the laws.

Irene Moore
Shopping Expert
As stated on the aspendental.com, Aspen Dental-branded practices has a money-back guarantee program. If any patient is not satisfied with the service, the practice should refund all costs.

Aspen Dental also provides emergency dental care by phone at (855) 978-1628. The practice contact information is available on the Aspen Dental Contacts tab on the Pissed Consumer website.
@Irene Moore

Try to get refund without a credible threat of a lawsuit against them! This organization is cash-strapped!

@Irene Moore

He's dead. What good is a refund going to do?

@Anonymous

Omg are you serious!?!?! He died from that? I would be suing If I were you instead of writing on here.

@Anonymous

Aspen dental has people lined up out the door waiting to bring aspen dental to justice.

Aspen Dental really messed me up good,,,, besides telling me a lie, about the amount of my bill and an infection without antibiotics to pulling teeth and was suppose to take the bone on one in the back,,, never took it,,, NOW it’s protruding through my gums is hurting like *** and they tell me I need to go to an oral surgeon now!!!!!!! They lie to you please BEWARE ‼

This man paid dearly with his life, but what do you expect from a chain of dental offices that look and stink of *** dollar stores.

It figures.

oh man if I knew this crap I would never had gone to Aspen hill dental aka all about the money. I went in to get a tooth pulled nothing mire nothing less.

the pain I had was horrible. the dentist said I need to get a cleaning first then get my tooth pull that was 125 bucks with insurance, mind you my tooth is beating like a damn heart beat. the cold water killed me with sensitivity omg. and she did a sucky damn job at cleaning waste of money.

I was in the waiting room waiting to get my tooth pulled after this just for them to say I have to pay 250 to see the surgeon. ummmm this is not a surgical matter its a extraction only.

only about money wasted 125 bucks and 3hours of my damn time. worth office needs to be closed down asap.

@pissed off customer

Idiot! Extracting a tooth IS surgery!

You refuse to take care of your teeth, have them pulled one by one, and will one day be toothless. Then you will complain that you can't wear dentures because they *** you. Nobody wants patients like you.

Nobody! Moral of the story: have your teeth fixed by an honest dentist so you don't have any more toothaches.

@Anonymous

There are two types of extractions, the simple and the surgical extraction. Simple extraction – is done on a tooth that can easily be seen in the mouth.

A general dentist does this very easily with the use of an instrument called an elevator. Once the tooth is made loose, a pair of forceps is used to extract the tooth from its socket. Surgical Extraction – This is a more complicated procedure, which occurs in case a tooth has broken off at the gum level.

In this procedure a cut is made into the gum, which sometimes is required to partially cut the bone around the affected tooth. In other instances, the tooth is split into two halves to extract it.