To Whom it May Concern:
My experience with Aspen has been the single most worst experience I have ever had with a medical/dental provider. And my continued problems since that visit are scary and as I sit here today, I feel very alone in my search for help.
I made an appt with this office because I was having a problem. The staff was courteous and professional. I made my appt and the doctor developed an extensive tx plan of aprox $7100+ . I explained to the doctor that due to my work schedule and the cost of his recommendations, my treatment would have to have a slower approach. He rx'd me an antibiotic. I explained that I have been experiencing pain and asked if he would prescribe something for pain. He said that he "was not comfortable" doing so. I was shocked and taken aback; I could not understand his reluctance to make sure I was comfortable since this appointment had been made for that exact reason. I was shocked and embarrassed and suddenly I felt as though he looked at me as a woman of color that was nothing more than a drug seeker. Oh, and who also happened to have insurance benefits that he was quite willing to bill for.
The very next morning, I woke with significant swelling upper left side and I called the dental office at 8 am. I explained to the gentleman that answered my problem and I asked if he could see me. I was told I would get a call back. At 1 pm, I still had not heard back and my face continued to swell. I called the office back and the man that answered said that he does not see any record of my having left a message. He took all of my info again and I waited. Between 3 and 3:30 pm, I received a call back from the same staff person that took my message. His demeanor was cold and matter of fact. I was informed that the doctor saw no reason to see me. And as for pain??? Had I not called my medical provider? This confused me. Why would I call them if my problem with dental in nature and I had taken steps to become established with a dentist?? I began to cry and I told this young man that I had never been treated with such blatant disregard in my life. He too was cool and dismissive and even down right rude and mean at the end of that emotional phone call. *it is important to note that I had email the doctor pictures of the swelling and he never responded.
That entire week was a harrowing saga of pain, swelling, extreme illness, confusion, and even shame. What had I done to be treated so poorly? I am now a patient of record and not one time has the provider contacted me to even offer assistance to refer me to an oral surgeon. I am now on 2 antibiotics, and 1gm rocephin IM, an ER visit...and it is far from over. The very thing that I tried so hard to prevent, missing work, has happened now that I am so ill and almost septic but I will face those consequences as I can.
I feel marginalized, discriminated against, and dismissed. And I as a 50 year old woman of color am forced to accept that it's his word against mine as I am sure he has changed any documentation regarding me to fit the image in his head. Even now, it brings tears to my eyes. I am still much to sick to fight back. This position of powerlessness as he bills Delta and benefits from me and my darker hued self is a horrible, lonely place.
And just out of curiosity, I'd like to know what he thought when he opened my email? Did he look at my marked swelling and simply conclude that I was simply a crafty drug addict? In the 18+ years I worked as a dental assistant all the way up to treatment plan coordinator and office manager, I have never witnessed a provider display such unchecked arrogance and complete disregard for a patient of record. If in fact Dr Green was not comfortable treating me, a courteous referral would have been appreciated. He has a staff that potentially could be amazing. But sadly, as it pertains to me and my care, they followed the lead of Dr K. Green. Pity...
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- I became much sicker than I needed to as a "patient of record" of Dr Kevin Green in the Madison, WI office
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Aspen Dental Dental Emergency Service
- Aspen Dental Dental Emergency Service
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On Monday this week I book an appointment for a toothache, I get x Rays, and see a doctor and purposely check no dental insurance, I have dental coverage, estimate..."
- "I went to this business to get all upper teeth removed and a denture. The 1st day I had an x ray done, visited with John Hargett, dentist. ..."
- "Stetic implant & dental centers a complete nightmare . needed emergency surgery when i got home , and several reconstructive surgeries . this place promised to..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "I received a top I ordered with a black spot on the back. I filed for a return on their website and uploaded pictures asked. they offered me 20% and..."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "I have used Vectra for 5 years on my Lab mix and my late Catahoula and it worked great on both. I spend a great deal of time outdoors..."
- "I ordered all new chairs and bar stools for my restaurant and 3 had damage from shipping when they arrived. The delivery driver took pictures and submitted a shipping claim...."
- "I ordered Frieze carpet from Empire. The sales guy specifically mentioned that Empire takes care of their customers. "One lady didn't like her carpet so Empire replaced it..."