Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

Update by user Mar 19, 2016

We will soon be taking legal action against Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA. I have seen numerous doctors since the incident with them and unfortunately their wrong-doings and negligence has caused me permanent and irreversible damage in my right eye (sight) and ear (hearing), which all of the medical professionals that are now caring for me believe was caused by their misdiagnosis and negligence. Please, whatever you do, do not go to Aspen Dental for any type of dental care or procedure.

Update by user Feb 23, 2016

Update: Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA will no longer return any of my emails or calls. Even after I thoroughly explained to their local and corporate staff members that I've been officially diagnosed with permanent damage in my right eye and ear, which was caused by their misdiagnosis and negligence.

Original review posted by user Feb 18, 2016

My experience with Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA was the absolute worst experience that I've ever had with any dentist or dental network.I literally almost died because of a misdiagnosed abscess tooth that was missed by one of their traveling dentist and one of their on-site dental assistants.

I ended up in the emergency room (ER) and then admitted into the hospital for days three days after a visit to Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA. I ended up in the hospital due to an infection that spread throughout my body because of their negligence. I have 5 doctors from the Geisinger Health System of Northeastern and Central PA that are aware of this and are blaming the entire horrible situation on Aspen Dental and their staff. Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre PA also violated HIPAA laws while I was there.

Because of their lack of care, concern and ethics I was able to view and see another patient's personal information; including their full name, address, social security number and medications that they were taking. This all happened during the week of February 1, 2016.

Please, whatever you do, do NOT go to Aspen Dental.They will mistreat you from a medical standpoint, they will violate your privacy and you could potentially end up in the hospital fighting for your life due to their negligence and incompetence.

Review about: Aspen Dental Treatment.

I didn't like: Horror stories and lies, Medical negligence and misdiagnosis, Negligence, Misdiagnosis, Hipaa violations.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Aspen Dental?

Comments

Seasoned Dentist

Occasionally abscesses do not show up readily on x-rays, especially on patients with very dense bone.Often teeth with beginning abscesses have confusing symptoms, or even no symptoms at all.

Every one in a great while, one even fools me, given erractic reactions to traditional pulp test.

So unless the abscess was obvious on the x-ray A$pen took, I doubt you have a very good case.Bad and weird things happen in life, and people are not entitled to a big money payout every time they happen.

Nevertheless, going to A$pen or any other corporate dental clinic was a lousy idea.

I would assume they were instructed to not speak to you by legal from their corporate office.As a car sales manager for 13 years, the minute a customer says the word lawyer or sue I tell them to contact our attorney and that's it.

Although a car isn't someone's life, however I'm assuming they really don't care anyway, from what I've read Aspen Dental is all about money and up selling customers, not about treating them.

I hope that you're okay and I hope they pay for what they did to you.Good luck!

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1113963

If you think you are a victim of dental malpractice, see an attorney.

SLF0173
to h.kitchener #1114454

Thanks so much H.Kitchener.I have a family member that is an attorney and two close friends from college that are also attorneys in the healthcare / medical industry.

They are providing me with advice and direction.

You are awesome though.I really appreciate the advice.