State: Massachusetts City: Boston Clear all filters (24 of 4002 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Boston, Massachusetts - Terrible service

My wife lost a filling on a front tooth. Our own dentist was not available. She called around and found Aspen Dental in Raynham. She made an appointment for 8am on a Saturday. We drove almost an hour to get there. After x-rays, the receptionist told her they couldn’t do it today, come back Monday, really? Why did you have us come in the first place. Terrible service, I wouldn’t recommend this dump to anyone
#1572059

You don't get it. They aren't in business to solve urgent patient problems, like you wife's broken filling.

They are in business to take x-rays and concoct an outrageous list of dental procedures your wife "needs." (This would have been a big laugh for her, since she has been to a competent dentists regularly.) The next step would have been to charge you up front for this unnecessary work. Then if you were lucky, they would have done it all, but very shabbily. That is the way the corporate dental world rolls!

By the way, I know it is sad for patients, but few experienced dentists work on Saturday. It is hard to get reliable patients to show up on Saturdays.

Aspen Dental in Boston, Massachusetts - Commercials

Your company is in 21 states. I would think with the money that you make, you could get some professionals to do your commercials. You should be embarrassed, its like you went down to the local high school and had the students create your commercials. You do have one professional commercial with NASCAR driver, Ms. Patrick. I would say the rest of your commercials are childish. I change the channel any time your commercials are on and I would say that there are other consumers that would mute or change the channel also when your commercials are on. I apologize for repeating myself a number of times, but your review forces me to state my opinion in 100 words. Mr. Battinelli 23 Ames Street Somerville, MA 617-852-0971

When aspens commercials come on, i get so mad I throw my junk dentures they made for me at the tv screen. They yanked my teeth and stole money for junk dentures.

Your commercials

Aspen Dental in Boston, Massachusetts - Bad customer sevice

Went to aspen Dental in Quincy Never had an experience like this, the customer service was not good I went for my appointment at 9:30 am and yes I five-minute late never experience patient confidential my business about my payment of a late fee was discussed other patient and loud at the front desk there was two woman .i feel that someone owe me an apology i was insulted by their unacceptable behavior, I was in pain E need to find another dentist i need alot of work done

When you look for another dentist, PLEASE rule out similar corporate mills like Coast. Great Expressions, Dental One, Western and others.

Stick to private clinics where the dentist is the OWNER and the BOSS. You don't want places where corporate managers dictate what dentists will do.

The best thing you could ever do for your health is kiss this corporate clown club goodbye, and vow never to visit another like Great Expressions, Coast, Western, or Dental One. You will get nothing but a swindle when Wall Street *** owns dental practices.

They are a chop shop scam. Go easy on the workers. Working there makes them want to commit suicide.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Not getting my dental work done

Aspen Dental - Tooth Extraction Review from Boston, Massachusetts

I had a bad experience at Aspen Dental. I went in to get work finished to make my smile Enhance. And omg the service was HORRIBLE. I Thank God for one of their staff member by the name of ms. Mandy. She was awesome. The rest of the staff was very Unprofessional. I have never in my life ever seen a Nurse Disrespect a Doctor like what happened on yesterday. And after they were going to Extract all my teeth out my mouth. I am so Apauled!!!!!!! I had to let my Husband know I am going to leave Aspen Dental before I walk out toothless. Lol. Thank God I left because I have all my teeth. U have to do Better.

I am sure some teeth can be saved. It was good you left.

Having some teeth and a partial denture is always better than no teeth and a full denture. Even with two roots an overdenture can be made, which is far superior to a denture.

Please find an honest and competent dentist in private practice to treat you, instead of a corporate chain clinic!

Aspen Dental in Boston, Massachusetts - New Patient Exam Sales Scam Tactics

I'd luckily been warned by a friend about going to Aspen, and after my new patient exam the warning turned out absolutely correct. The good - the staff were friendly, competent and quick at their jobs. If it weren't for the bad side I'd be happy to be a regular patient there. The bad - Aspen is a sales mill. They're car dealership sneaky. My friend warned me that they would try to slip in charges. Here's how it goes. The friendly dentist and assistants give you a free exam and tell you that when you come back for a cleaning, you'll "take home an electric toothbrush, special toothpaste and rinse". They avoid saying that it costs extra. They put a screen in front of your chair so you can see your x-rays, but also so you can see any alarming things about your teeth being typed in to help upsell the products. Then you wait, half an hour in my case, for the office manager to schedule your appointment and sign your bill. This is where it gets car dealership. (Watch the small similarities - a professionally dressed person takes you to an isolated office full of "relax-triggers", thank you cards from satisfied customers, photos of the salesperson's family that face only towards the customer, not the salesperson. This office had the thank you cards.) First, I was shown only the total of the charges and was asked to sign and if I wanted to put anything down. I asked how much the toothbrush was that the assistant had mentioned. She said $150. I was expecting this from my friend's warning and asked to have it removed. She agreed easily, then tore the overview bill in half with a barely concealed look of irritation. It's an unsubtle tactic designed to put the patient off of asking to have the bill changed again. I asked for an itemized bill, and watched her carefully tell me I had to sign first before she could print it, which is preposterous. Trying to lock you in before you can see the charges, right? Her computer screen is kept turned away just enough so you can't see what's being done. I hadn't given my credit card and already said I wouldn't pay until the actual cleaning, so I figured sure, why not. I signed, looked over the bill, and spotted the $30 stannous rinse (mouthwash) and $29 neutral sodium gel (toothpaste). Also, they'd showed me the same pamphlet twice about oral cancer screenings but never asked if I wanted it - sure enough, $70 oral cancer screening on the bill. I also noted that the toothbrush and rinse come entirely out of Patient Responsibility, not insurance. At this point I knew I'd never be coming back so I said nothing and left. In short, insist on seeing your bill before you sign or give any payment, because they will try hard to sneak about $279 of unnecessary extras into your upfront payment. Or go to another dentist.
#1195905

"You have to sign the bill before you can read what is in it!"

At least two crooks use this line:

1. Nancy Pelosi trying secure passage of Obamacare.

The receptionist at your A$pen Dental.

If you had let them have their ways, your teeth would have been as big a disaster as Obamacare.

It's good you were smart enough to see through the upselling scams. That is why we honest dentists keep trying to warn patients about crooked corporate-owned dental chains like A$pen.

We are currently investigating Aspen Dental for potential unfair billing and other practices. If you are interested in discussing any potential claims you may have, please call 617-580-8270 or email erica@mirabellallc.com.

Thank you!

View more comments (1)
Tags
  • hidden Charges
  • New Patient Examination
  • New Patient Exam

Aspen Dental Hyannis

After reading some reviews and looking at the class action lawsuit I was very leery of going to Aspen Dental. My teeth were very bad and needed immediate service. I made an appointment and glad I did.Of course I had to have my teeth pulled and dentures made.they worked with me so I had the best possible money's worth.I had the top dentures done on December 26th and the bottom dentures done on January 2nd (two different years)saving me $2500.00 in deductibles.I've been back for adjustments and the staff is very nice and Professional.I had not had any problems at all.Nicole has been my dental assistant and is wonderful,explains everything and encourages me to call with any problems.Would I do it again????? YOU BET.

Enjoy those plastic chompers now. They wil fall apart very soon.

Then have a good time trying to get them to fix it. They wouldn't mine.

"Of course," you say, you had to have ALL your teeth pulled." There are few patients who come in my office that we cannot save at least two teeth per arch. With two teeth you could have had over dentures; with four teeth per arch you could have had partial dentures.

Both are superior to full dentures.

But the "yank 'em all" dentists at A$pen never offer these options. Anyway, I am glad you are happy- for the moment.

@Seasoned Dentist

Seasoned dentist you are a *** with a lot of spare time!!!!

@Anonymous

I think the "seasoned dentist" is just being honest. ..

View more comments (3)
Pricing issue

Aspen Dental in Boston, Massachusetts - Bad experience

1.5
Aspen Dental Brockton, Ma. I went for a routine appt and ended up pressured into a deep cleaning, and 3 fillings which cost $848 after insurance. This all happened in one day and one appointment. The dental hygienist drilled my lip and never acknowledged it or apologized. She later tried to say I must have bit my lip. My mother called the office about my situation and the receptionist gave away all my personal information and the details of the appointment without even knowing who they were talking to. This was a HIPPA violation. I was told by other professionals that that much work should not have been done in one appointment, let alone a first appointment and that my entire mouth should not have been numbed at once. I was also injected with antibiotics during my deep cleaning without my knowledge. It was not discussed with me until after the event. I received no paperwork regarding my visit and was not warned about the pain I would be in for the next 24 hours. I celebrated New years with a disgusting cut on my lip from a dirty drill.

Well, remember is WAS the last day of the year, and there WERE corporate revenue goals to meet for the month, in order to satisfy the private equity investors that own the chain.

Sure it was a lot of work for one appointment. What do you EXPECT from a cheesy corporate dental clinic chain?

To be treated HUMANELY?

Next time, kick the corporate clinic habit and go to a reputable dentist who owns his own practice. And don't try to find one by looking at your crumby PPO prostituting provider list.

Review
Cons
  • Pressure for so much treatment
  • Are scam professionals
  • Getting drilled in my lip
Reason of review
being lied to, poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Aspen Dental Dentures Review

I was very disappointed with tbem.their commercial said days not weeks...guess what?? mine was weeks...not only was it weeks but they were wouldn't fit....y hey ate loose in my mouth and hurt everytime I put them...
Order processing issue

Aspen Dental in Boston, Massachusetts - Business solutions. Jindel. Robert Fontana. CEO

That's just it! Aspen Dental explains it very well. "Business" solutions. Robert Fontana. "Why are you in the business of destroying peoples' teeth?" People unfortunately placed their faith and trust in an Aspen Dental dentist and that trust is betrayed when the dentist Jindel ruins their gums by punchuring the gums, and severing tbe nerves in the gums. Destroying their gums causing gum disease, gingivitus. Now, I have to find a professional dentist to try to fix all the damage he caused. I have to find a professional dentist to help me save my teeth after jindel destroyed my gums.

Dude, give it up. You ruined your own gums by not having any dental care in 33 years.

They did not "sever the nerves" when they measured your gums with a probe. Very inflamed gums like yours bleed all over the place.

Bet this sleazy chain is glad to be rid of a nut case like you!

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental in Boston, Massachusetts - AspenDental Destroying teeth for profit

I went to AspenDental for what I thought was a routine checkup. The dentist poked a metal object on my gums on and around most of my teeth, puncturing holes into my gums, destroying the nerves in my gums, making my teeth and gums extremely sensitive. My teeth are in constant pain ever since AspenDental destroyed my gums, and my teeth are now in constant pain. The dentist said he did this so that he can make thousands of dollars trying to fix my teeth after ruining them. He also stated that he can also make thousands of dollars by having me come back to buy dentures after he finishes destroying my teeth. AspenDental is very corrupt. He told me that AspenDental is very corrupt, very dishonest and that ruining other peoples' teeth and then trying to fix them is a great way to make money. AspenDental feels that after destroying your teeth you'll be happy to come back for dentures.

Shyam Jindal is usually in the habit of ruining peoples' teeth. He said he does this to try to make a profit. Stay away from AspenDental.

You went for what you call a "routine check-up" after not going to a dentist for 33 years?!?!?

Routine check-ups are every 6 months, dude. Not every 33 years!

I agree with you I am in the process of suing Fontana. Bob Fontana and Aspen Dental.

They sre very corrupt and dishonest people. Jindel in Dartmouth has ruined the teeth of many people. Everyone says that Aspen Dental sucks!

Including Bob Fontana. Even Aspen Dental says Aspen Dental Sucks!

It goes way beyond that. Asspen dental doesn't just ruin teeth, they ruin LIVES.

The people who don't need dentures that go to asspen will still be talked into or demanded to have their teeth removed.

How would people who doubt asspen's malpractice feel if they had to chew with 2 pieces of plastic for the rest of their lives. Dentures suck and asspen gets rich by ruining people's lives.

@aspen sux

I agree, I'm currently looking to find a dentist and periodontist to try to fix the damage they did to my gums. They punchured the nerves in my gums causing a lot of pain. My teeth are in pain, I am more afraid if my teeth fall out because they punchured holes in my gums causing gum disease, gingivitus, but I'm mainly scared that my teeth are going to fall out because they damaged the gums.

@Fontana

Have you considered suing? Filing a lawsuit against AspenDental and Robert Fontana?

You should also file a lawsuit against Mr. Jindel the dentist who is highly incompetent.

@Jindel

Thank you, I am pursuing that. Even Robert Fontana said that Aspen Dental needs to be sued more often for ruining peoples' teeth. He said "I can't believe how corrupt and dishonest this franchise is." You have to be F........n crazy to go to AspenDental.

@Fontana

Try not to worry so much about your teeth and focus on the lawsuit against AspenDental.

sue these butchers.

@aspen sux

don't forget aspen ruins your love life too. Try making out with your lover and your dentures popping out and trying to go down their throat when they are French kissing you. Goodbye lovemaking for the rest of your life.

View more comments (9)