I called Aspen Dental in Troy April 2017 asked if they took my Humana Gold Plus Medicare. They said they did and I wanted to get crown put back on.

When I showed up for appointment they said they would do a free dental exam. They told me what dental work I needed I agreed to have work done when they offered financing to make payments. I wasn’t working at the time and decided I would wait until I got work before I had work done. A couple of months later I got a bill in the mail saying I owed over $200 for the dental exam and said they didn’t take my dental insurance.

I refused to pay them and they sent me to collections. They lied to me and now I have a mark on my credit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Exam.

Reason of review: Charged me for free dental exam.

Preferred solution: Forgive debt .

Comments

"Free" at A$pen might sometimes actually mean "without charge." More often it means "Free to scam people." It depends on the day of the week. If it is at the end of the month, and the office is short of billings for its corporate revenue target, it probably means "free to scam you." Sorry to tell you, those Medicare Advantage dental plans are garbage plans with low fees that no honest dentists want to mess with.

Only thieves like the ones employed by A$pen. Go to dentists on your Medicare Advantage plan, and you probably will get gypped or butchered, or both!