1290 E Ireland Rd, South Bend, IN 46614, USA
1.4

This is what incompetence means to me. I called and made an appointment with no problems.

I believe this was a call center of some sort. The day of my appointment, I arrive 15 minutes early to fill out new client paperwork. There was about 3 people in the lobby. A little over an hour went by, and about 6 people came in, sat down and got called back.

Finally someone from behind the counter asked what I am there for. Another 15 minutes went by before I was called back. They took me to Xray. This girl was very polite and knew what she was doing.

After xray, I was taken to the exam room. The dental assistant was great. Dentist came in kind of rushed through it. Didn't really get to discuss options in detail.

Kind of reminds me of a drive thru. I was told to wait there before billing was occupied. After about 20 minutes, a new patient came in. Apparently they had "lost" me.

I was brought to the billing desk and I gave them my insurance information. This was right at the end of the year and it was about to switch over to a new provider. She said I would have to wait until Jan 2nd before she could give me a breakdown because they have to use the new insurance provider. I get it.

There's only a week left but they could have at least use my insurance for that days dental exam. Anyway, she told me she would call me with prices on the 2nd. I waited and nothing. After the 15th of January I called back.

I was told they were probably too busy because they were moving to a new building. This is not an acceptable excuse. She gave me her email and told me to send her a copy of my insurance and she would give it to billing. It is now Feb 15th.

Still have yet to receive a call, but I did get a bill in the mail. A bill that doesn't have insurance applied. The office is a joke. Nobody knows what they are doing or even know how to run a business efficiently.

This is a reflection of their management.

I can see why there are so many poor reviews. I will be taking my business elsewhere and I suggest you do the same.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Manager.

Aspen Dental Pros: Technicians were polite and knowledgeable.

Aspen Dental Cons: Office and billing staff.

Comments

What do you get when you recruit staff out of retail, with no dental experience? Then overbook them with patients for their young dentists right out of school?

Then threaten them with firing if they don't collect enough loot from patients? Then limit the labs they use to the cheapest ones, many times in China? You get A$pen Dental, that is what you get.

Good move to change dentists. Hope you did not choose another corporate chain clinic like Coast, Dental One, or Great Expressions.